Second Singleton Draft, Round 1: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's Tails.

Just want to let you know, I'm leaving in a few hours and will be off the rest of the week, so I'll probably be ready on Monday.

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll leave you with something to think about then.

Ancient Tomb.
Epochrasite.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 18
Library: 34
Hand: 5
Play:

(T) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

(S) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 20
Library: ?
Hand: 7
Play:

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Just wait till you see my turn 2 play. I think (or should I say hope?) this will be a short game :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, here we go:

Draw 7, keep

Draw
Mishra's Factory

Done

Modus Pwnens: 18
Play:

(T) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

(S) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 20
Library: 49
Play:

(U) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Attack for 1.

Academy Ruins, Mana crypt.
Smokestack (taking 2).
Done. (will call tails in my next upkeep)

Modus Pwnens: 16
Hand: 3
Play:

(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

(T) Mana Crypt (At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Mana Crypt deals 3 damage to you.
T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *0 counters*

(T) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 19
Library: 49
Play:

(U) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Pearl Medallion

Done

I flipped Tails.

Play:

(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

(T) Mana Crypt (At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Mana Crypt deals 3 damage to you.
Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *0 counters*

(T) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 19
Library: 48
Hand: 6
Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Pearl Medallion (White spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY:
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep (take 0 damage, sac 0 permanents, add a soot counter), draw.

Attack for one.
Metalworker, done.

Play:

(U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)
(T) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *1 counter*

(S) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY:
RFG:

Spiderman: 18
Library: 48
Hand: 6
Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Pearl Medallion (White spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY:
RFG:[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh.

Untap, upkeep - sac the Medallion, Draw

Forbidding Watchtower
Sapphire Medallion

Done

Play:

(U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)
(T) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *1 counter*

(S) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY:
RFG:

Library: 47
Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)

(U) Sapphire Medallion (Blue spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY: Pearl Medallion
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep (heads, lemme know if i take damage ;), sac Epochrasite, add a soot counter, draw.

Island.
Activate Metalworker, revealing Sundering Titan.
Tap all manasources for Sundering Titan, taking out your plains and my island in the process.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 14/11
Library: 32
Hand: 2
Play:

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)
(S) Sundering Titan (7/10, when ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a basic land of each type, then destroy those lands)

GY: Island
RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

Library: 47
Play:

(T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)

(U) Sapphire Medallion (Blue spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The flip is Tails again.

In response to the Titan, I'm gonna discard an Island and Iridescent Angel for Foil's alternative cost.

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll go to eleven, but am still done. Will call heads next turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this is gonna be quick.

Untap, upkeep - sac the Medallion and Factory, Draw

Done

Modus Pwnens: 11
Library: 32
Hand: 2
Play:

(T) Island

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY: Sundering Titan
RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

Library: 46
Play:

(U) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
(U) Plains

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains, Island, Cancel, Foil, Mishra's Factory, Sapphire Medallion
RFG: