Second Singleton Draft, Round 1: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Modus Pwnens, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Good luck, I'll have tails.
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It's Tails.

Just want to let you know, I'm leaving in a few hours and will be off the rest of the week, so I'll probably be ready on Monday.
  3. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I'll leave you with something to think about then.

Ancient Tomb.
    Epochrasite.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 18
    Library: 34
    Hand: 5
    Play:

(T) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

(S) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
    RFG:

Spiderman: 20
    Library: ?
    Hand: 7
    Play:

GY:
    RFG:
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

5. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Just wait till you see my turn 2 play. I think (or should I say hope?) this will be a short game :D
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'm here but didn't have a chance to build a deck before I left, so I'll work on it today.
  7. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I'll be waiting :)
  8. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Me too....

Ransac, cpa trash man
  9. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I know, I know, had to catch up on things at the office...
  11. Ransac CPA Trash Man

*Ransac checks his watch.*

Ransac, cpa trash man
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All right, here we go:

Draw 7, keep

Draw
    Mishra's Factory

Done

Modus Pwnens: 18
    Play:

(T) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

(S) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
    RFG:

Spiderman: 20
    Library: 49
    Play:

(U) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

GY:
    RFG:
  13. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Attack for 1.

Academy Ruins, Mana crypt.
    Smokestack (taking 2).
    Done. (will call tails in my next upkeep)

Modus Pwnens: 16
    Hand: 3
    Play:

(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

(T) Mana Crypt (At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Mana Crypt deals 3 damage to you.
    T: Add 2 to your mana pool.)
    Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *0 counters*

(T) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
    RFG:

Spiderman: 19
    Library: 49
    Play:

(U) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

GY:
    RFG:
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
    Pearl Medallion

Done

I flipped Tails.

Play:

(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

(T) Mana Crypt (At the beginning of your upkeep, flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Mana Crypt deals 3 damage to you.
    Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *0 counters*

(T) Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend)

GY:
    RFG:

Spiderman: 19
    Library: 48
    Hand: 6
    Play:

(T) Plains
    (T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Pearl Medallion (White spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY:
    RFG:
  15. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep (take 0 damage, sac 0 permanents, add a soot counter), draw.

Attack for one.
    Metalworker, done.

Play:

(U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)
    (T) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *1 counter*

(S) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY:
    RFG:

Spiderman: 18
    Library: 48
    Hand: 6
    Play:

(T) Plains
    (T) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assembly-Worker creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

(U) Pearl Medallion (White spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY:
    RFG:[/QUOTE]
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ugh.

Untap, upkeep - sac the Medallion, Draw

Forbidding Watchtower
    Sapphire Medallion

Done

Play:

(U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)
    (T) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: Put target artifact card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library)

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *1 counter*

(S) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY:
    RFG:

Library: 47
    Play:

(T) Plains
    (T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)

(U) Sapphire Medallion (Blue spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY: Pearl Medallion
    RFG:
  17. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep (heads, lemme know if i take damage ;), sac Epochrasite, add a soot counter, draw.

Island.
    Activate Metalworker, revealing Sundering Titan.
    Tap all manasources for Sundering Titan, taking out your plains and my island in the process.

Done.

Modus Pwnens: 14/11
    Library: 32
    Hand: 2
    Play:

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)
    (S) Sundering Titan (7/10, when ~ comes into play or leaves play, choose a basic land of each type, then destroy those lands)

GY: Island
    RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

Library: 47
    Play:

(T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)

(U) Sapphire Medallion (Blue spells I play cost 1 less to play)

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains
    RFG:
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

The flip is Tails again.

In response to the Titan, I'm gonna discard an Island and Iridescent Angel for Foil's alternative cost.
  19. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I'll go to eleven, but am still done. Will call heads next turn.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, this is gonna be quick.

Untap, upkeep - sac the Medallion and Factory, Draw

Done

Modus Pwnens: 11
    Library: 32
    Hand: 2
    Play:

(T) Island

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY: Sundering Titan
    RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

Library: 46
    Play:

(U) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
    (U) Plains

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains, Island, Cancel, Foil, Mishra's Factory, Sapphire Medallion
    RFG: