Second Singleton Draft, Round 1: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Modus Pwnens, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Ransac CPA Trash Man

You didn't flip...

Ransac, cpa trash man
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Oops, thanks... I flipped Tails.
  3. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep (take 3, sac Mana crypt and Academy Ruins, do not add a counter, remove time counter), draw.

Black Lotus.
    Attack for 1 with Metalworker (muhahah :D)
    Done.

Modus Pwnens: 8
    Library: 31
    Hand: 2
    Play:

(U) Island
    (U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

Black Lotus (you know how it works i guess ;))
    Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY: Sundering Titan, Mana Crypt, Academy Ruins
    RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *2 counters*

Spiderman: 17
    Library: 46
    Hand: 3
    Play:

(U) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a 1/5 white Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
    (U) Plains

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains, Island, Cancel, Foil, Mishra's Factory, Sapphire Medallion
    RFG:
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep - sac the Watchtower and Plains, Draw

Done

Library: 31
    Hand: 2
    Play:

(U) Island
    (U) Ancient Tomb (T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Ancient Tomb deals 2 damage to you)

Smokestack (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put a soot counter on Smokestack. At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices a permanent for each soot counter on Smokestack) *2 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, reveal any number of artifacts from my hand: add 2 to my mana pool for each artifact revealed this way)

GY: Sundering Titan, Mana Crypt, Academy Ruins
    RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *2 counters*

Library: 45
    Hand: 4
    Play:

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains, Island, Cancel, Foil, Mishra's Factory, Sapphire Medallion, Forbidding Watchtower, Plains
    RFG:
  5. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep (sac Smokestack and Metalworker, remove counter), draw.
    Done.

Library: 30
    Play:

(U) Island

GY: Sundering Titan, Mana Crypt, Academy Ruins, Smokestack, Metalworker
    RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *1 counter*

Library: 45
    Play:

GY: Pearl Medallion, Plains, Island, Cancel, Foil, Mishra's Factory, Sapphire Medallion, Forbidding Watchtower, Plains
    RFG:
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Library: 30
    Play:

(U) Island

RFG: Epochrasite (1/1, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *1 counter*

Library: 44
    Hand: 5
    Play:

RFG:
  7. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep (epochrasite enters play), draw.

Attack for 4.
    Done.

Library: 29
    Play:

(U) Island

(T) Epochrasite (4/4, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

RFG:

Spiderman: 13
    Library: 44
    Hand: 5
    Play:

RFG:
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Doesn't it have summoning sickness?
  9. Ransac CPA Trash Man

"and it gains suspend." This means that when the creature comes into play, it has haste.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ah, thanks. Not that familiar with suspend.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Library: 29
    Play:

(U) Island

(T) Epochrasite (4/4, Epochrasite comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it if you didn't play it from your hand. When Epochrasite is put into a graveyard from play, remove it from the game with three time counters on it and it gains suspend) *3 counters*

RFG:

Spiderman: 13
    Library: 43
    Hand: 6
    Play:

RFG:
  11. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Attack for 4.
    Mountain, Goblin Welder.

Done.

Library: 28
    Play:

(U) Island
    (T) Mountain

(S) Goblin Welder (1/1, T: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player sacrifices the artifact in play, then puts the other artifact from his or her graveyard into play)

RFG:

Spiderman: 9
    Library: 43
    Play:

RFG:
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Blinkmoth Nexus

Done

Library: 28
    Play:

(U) Island
    (T) Mountain

(S) Goblin Welder (1/1, T: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player sacrifices the artifact in play, then puts the other artifact from his or her graveyard into play)

RFG:

Spiderman: 9
    Library: 42
    Play:

(U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature with flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

RFG:
  13. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

Untap, upkeep, draw.
    Attack for 5.

Steam vents (tapped), done.

Library: 27
    Play:

(U) Island
    (U) Mountain
    (T) Steam Vents (Island / Mountain)

(T) Goblin Welder (1/1, T: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player sacrifices the artifact in play, then puts the other artifact from his or her graveyard into play)

RFG:

Spiderman: 4
    Library: 42
    Play:

(U) Blinkmoth Nexus (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 1/1 Blinkmoth artifact creature with flying ueot. It's still a land. 1, T: Target Blinkmoth creature gets +1/+1 ueot)

RFG:
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Stalking Stones

Done

Library: 27
    Play:

(U) Island
    (U) Mountain
    (T) Steam Vents (Island / Mountain)

(T) Goblin Welder (1/1, T: Choose target artifact a player controls and target artifact card in that player's graveyard. If both targets are still legal as this ability resolves, that player sacrifices the artifact in play, then puts the other artifact from his or her graveyard into play)

RFG:

Spiderman: 4
    Library: 41
    Play:

(U) Stalking Stones (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 6: ~ becomes a 3/3 Elemental artifact creature that's still a land (This effect doesn't end aeot))

RFG:
  15. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

That should be game then.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
    Island.

Attack with Epochrasite. Blocks/responses?
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Tap the Stone to make my Nexus a creature and block.
  17. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

In response to the activating, I'll activate my Welder, targeting your Nexus and Pearl Medallion. Response?
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Um, you can't do it in response to the activating. My Nexus isn't a creature yet and thus not a legal target :)

But you CAN do it after it resolves, in which case no, I have no responses and that's game :)

Good game! I was sorely crushed...

We do a game 2, right?
  19. Modus Pwnens Eligible for User Title

I figured you knew what I meant, but I apologize for the confusion.

Game 2 it is, your choice to play or draw.

Good luck.
  20. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

All right, I'll play. Good luck!

Draw 7, no mulligan

T
    undra, Done
    Library: 33?
    Hand: 7?
    Play

GY:
    RFG: