S.F. Gives finger to Feds, Ok's same sex marriages...

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Academy Man
I don't think that Bush will try to challenge the governator on anything. Has anyone noticed Arnold hasn't been in the news lately? That means he doing well, only bad stuff gets in the news.
As a former reporter, I am outright offended by this. You are continuing a commonly believed lie!

The truth is, only eye-catching junk gets in the news, to sell papers and make money through advertisers. (Just happens to be that dirty laundry is a majority of eye-catching junk)

R

Reverend Love

As a human being I'm offended that you were a reporter.

N

Notepad

As a former reporter, I must ask you to kindly submit your grievance as a Letter to the Editor rather than verbally to me.

T

train

What's the editor's address?...:p

Senori - You got something against trailer parks?...:p

Hitting supreme court shortly ladies and gentlemen...

N

Notepad

Ben Banuchi, c.o. South County Newspapers
522A Broadway
King City, CA 93930

Actual business address of my former editor/paper company. Of course, this is a different guy than the boss who's picture I posted and asked people to mentally sodomize. (See, my posts are somewhat on topic!)

R

Reverend Love

So what's your job now besides professional mover? *snicker*

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Academy Man
What most gays want is the same privelidges married straight people get. Here are a few advantages of being married:

Followed by endless, well-prepared, copy and pasted list

Blah, blah, blah. What is wrong with civil unions that, incidentally, would grant these rights/freedoms/whatever? If Civil Unions are granted between two people, then the rights are fullfilled, the furious "homosexuality is depraved" crowd is happy, and the world is a happy place.

If the distinction between marriage and civil union is made, then there is no problem. Now, before you reply furiously, either stating that homosexuals would be/should be treated like second class citizens, I would suggest that furthermore civil marriage shall be referred to as civil union.

The term "Marriage" shall officially be reserved for the religous ceremony, but colloquially it may refer to the homosexual or heterosexual civil unions. Thus, the objections of both sides would be appeased. End discussion.

Of course, I have a feeling that this struggle will be more like the religion-fueled fires in the Middle East than the US' civil rights demonstrations and Brown vs. Board. (Speaking of which, this year is the 50th anniversary.)

On topic: I'm pretty sure this specific event is actually over.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think civil unions grant the same rights as marriage, that's why there's two names instead of one. Like Academy Man said, as long as they can get the same rights as a "married" couple, they probably don't care what the title is.

And yes, the topic is pretty much over, that's why no one has posted here in the last 2 months or so.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Spiderman
And yes, the topic is pretty much over, that's why no one has posted here in the last 2 months or so. [/B]
oh. I am such a n00b. Please excuse my existence.

R

Reverend Love

Originally posted by chocobo_cid
oh. I am such a n00b. Please excuse my existence.
Never!

Berating n00bs gives me a sense of power and self worth I simply can't acquire in everyday life. Please don't upset the status quo...my fragile little self-esteem is comprised solely on its existence. I am the message board elitist.

:D

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Reverend Love
Berating n00bs gives me a sense of power and self worth I simply can't acquire in everyday life. ... I am the message board elitist.
So that's why you're always throwing those chunks of rotten ham at Night Stalker S?!?! You're sooo evil!

And as for gay people, I don't know what the hell is wrong with the government. Gay people shouldn't be treated different just because they're smiling. And what's this about gay people not able to get married??? EXCUSE ME!!! If its a wedding day I thought people are all giddy and gleeful.

"Um, sorry, you two love birds, but since you liquored up and are happy, that means you can't tie the knot today. Come back when you're in a bad mood. No service to gay people, after all!"

Yeah, how unfair.

C

chocobo_cid

You seem to be in an especially giddy/sarcastic mood recently. Though, again, that could be my inner n00b speaking again. :D

S

soccerstace34

WHY IS IT OUR BUSINESS WHAT PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO? hOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU GUYS? iF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK AT HOMOSEXUALS THEN TURN YOUR HEAD!

N

Notepad

Originally posted by soccerstace34
WHY IS IT OUR BUSINESS WHAT PEOPLE DECIDE TO DO? hOW DOES IT AFFECT YOU GUYS? iF YOU DONT WANT TO LOOK AT HOMOSEXUALS THEN TURN YOUR HEAD!
Um...wait...

This whole time you mean "gay" as in Homo Sexual?!?! :eek:

...oh...

My aplogies for mixing up the definition.

In that case, Homo Sexuals are different, because of the name. They are clearly not Homo Sapien or even Homo Erectus (heh heh, I said "Erect!"). They're new and neat, like the X-Men. They probably have super powers and all, too. And I bet they know Professor X! So, treat them nice. Jean Grey is one, after all. *hint hint*

M

mythosx

The problem is not the government or civil unions. The problem with gay marriges being called marriges, is because the government is taking a religious instituion and intruding in open it. They are in short making those who dont want to accept it accept it. I do not support gay marriges. I will probably be flamed for this. But if they want a civil union for rights that fine. However, do not intrude on my right not to accept it. Remember being open minded means being open minded to closemindedness. I dont even know if thats a real word.

But seriously, let's get to the real issue here. I dont think there is enough sax and violins in games, tv or internet. I don't know why people are saying there is too much. We should start a petition to push more sax and violins. Who's with me?

N

Notepad

I'd join in with you, but I think those istruments are left out of video games for a reason: They destroy modern morals!!! *grrr*

Anyway, you have your words mixed up. Its not Sax and Violins, its Sacks and Violets. Gardening is the subject matter we need brought to mainstream acceptance. I'm telling you, gardener's rights are being trounced on EVERY DAY!!! Why do you think the King of Gardeners, Martha Stewart, is under such harsh judicial crisis right now?

I'll tell you why: She dared to have sacks of violets on her show.

Word.

Truth--it will set us free, and let us see gardening programs.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by mythosx
The problem is not the government or civil unions. The problem with gay marriges being called marriges, is because the government is taking a religious instituion and intruding in open it.
That'd be true if it was the same way with hetero marriages, but the government does the same thing with them. The government just gives married couple certain rights, regardless of whether you get married in a church or not, and as long as that is the case, everyone should have access to those rights, whether they are hetero or homo.

C

chocobo_cid

Perhaps if you had read the thread, you might have noticed that most of the people excepting the reverend and DUke are on your side. Of course, that have made too much sense, Ms. Single poster-likely-a-person-with-another-CPA-account-that-has-posted-on-this-thread-already.

R

Reverend Love

Take some of your own advice and read my posts....please don't clump me with Duke's raving ignorance.