S.F. Gives finger to Feds, Ok's same sex marriages...

B

Bobby_103

I'm not a lawyer, but if you get fired for being a homosexual, I'll GUARANTEE you a substantial settlement.

Like I said, I don't care either way what homosexuals do. If they get married, that doesn't bother me a bit. The ONLY time I've ever been offended by homosexuality is when a guy hit on me in a bar in Panama City, FL and I made it clear (nicely) that I don't swing that way. This jerk wouldn't take no for an answer and kept making passes, and finally said that he could "turn me out" if I'd give him a chance. That was over the line, just as it would have been if I'd been making those same comments to a woman.

No, the Bible should not rule government nor determine the rights of a secular society. As long as the rights afforded the minority groups are equal to those of the majority, I've got no problem with them, and don't understand why other people seem to. Of course, that still doesn't stop government from legislating morality. A good example is prostitution. It's ok if a woman wants to sleep with 15 guys a night, nasty, but perfectly legal. That is....as long as nobody gives her any money for it. If somebody slips her a $20 bill, it's suddenly illegal.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Bobby_103
A good example is prostitution. It's ok if a woman wants to sleep with 15 guys a night, nasty, but perfectly legal. That is....as long as nobody gives her any money for it. If somebody slips her a $20 bill, it's suddenly illegal.
Which doesn't make sense, but then again, one would now expect it to. The Peter Principle at work and all...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by conservative_infidel
Question 1: By my views are you referring to gender structure within the family unit regarding parental roles or just a father's influence in general?

Question 2: By "their's" are you referring to homosexuals or to my own offspring?

Infidel
Question 1: I don't know. I'm merely turning around your statement, so whatever you considered "views" in your statement.

Question 2: homosexuals

C

Chaos Turtle

Regarding my statement on being fired for homosexuality:

Kindly disregard the line about having "no legal recourse whatsoever." That part of the post was forged, as evidenced by, uh... the typeface, which was not available in 1989, where my brain was when I wrote that. ;)

I sometimes forget how our culture has changed in the last decade or so. I overextended, and my argument has suffered as a result. I think my other points are still valid, though, and I hope they can stand on their own despite that somewhat stupid ending.

That should teach me not to rush...