RPG, Chapter One: A Day at the Fair.

R

rkoelsch

To Priest," Thank you but Bing stay with Elliott. Let boy sleep in own bed one more time."

To Elliott, " Let's go, boy"

To Dorgath, " See you at Tavern later, little man."

E

EricBess

"Did they say anything that might have given some indication of where they were headed?" I buy a drink of whatever serves as his 'best'.

R

Rando

To Gorn -
The bartender gives you a cup of hard mead, which seems like it's 80 proof at least, and then continues, "They kept to themselves, for the most part. All I heared any of them say is to ask for a drink."

D

Daggertooth

"I think I will look for other Adventurers. Afterall, the more the merryer when facing unspeakable evil. :) I'll see you in the morning."

After finishing talking to Dorgath I head over to any Tavern I happen to wander into.

Melkor

"Actually, I think that there is something down here that you should see."

I have taken a position on the farside of the Altar and am gripping my sword with white knuckles. I stare at the altar hoping to discern some clue that will help me make sense of this tragedy.

R

Rando

To Jonus -
The head guard comes down the stairs. Seeing the alter, he falls to his knees and lowers his head, begining a prayer to the powers of good. "What blasphamy is this? In our town hall of all places? I shall summon the priest." With that, he moves swiftly up the stairs and out the building.

To Deyja -
As there are not very many inns or taverns in this small town, the one you happen to walk into also contains the one you've met called Gorn, standing at the bar having a talk with the bartender. The rest of the bar is mostly deserted, with one table having a few farmers keeping to themselves, and a small side table near the fireplace has a quiet, little man all alone, with his wide, black hat lowered over his eyes and sipping a beer. It does not look like very good prospects.

To ALL players -
The time is now to expidite the game. Post now if you have anything vital to take care of before the group leaves the town. If not, then we shall start chapter 2 on Monday. If you like, for the sake of time, you can simply ask a question or two instead of us role-playing it all out, which takes longer.

good gaming...

P

Prince RXI

To Dorgath-
"Well, I hate going into taverns because the Tavern Keepers have never thought much to house a giant wolf, but I think we should check into one anyway, if we are to search for members for a bigger party. I think I'll follow Deyja."

*With that, I follow Deyja into the Tavern and notice that he is talking to the Keeper. I walk over.*

To Deyja-
"Deyja? I was wondering, I am learning Magic right now, so I was wondering if you knew someone who could teach me a few spells fairly fast."

D

Daggertooth

*hmmm, important buisness........*

I look disapointedly at the people here.

"well, While I'm here." I grumble softly to myself as I walk up to the bar.

"Barkeep! give me a mug of your strongest Ale." I shout tossing a few crudly made gold coins on the countertop. "And some bread if ya got any."

B

Bob

After hearing the conversations of everyone, Bob pieces everything together.

To wrinkled hag :) :
"These undead seem to be servants of Belial...Belial seemingly wants to take over the world, like a lot of villians, and kill anyone who does not follow him. You good folks obviously do not, so he orsdered the skeletons to kill you. I assure you, I will not let further harm come to your villiage if you put your trust in the good Lord of the Sun, Pelor."

Bob then leaves the crowd and goes to see if there is an artifacts shop.

D

Daggertooth

I look over to RXI as I wait for my drink.

"Magic huh? Well that Bob character seems to know alot about spells to kill the dead. He'd probably be the one to talk to. I don't remember seeing Dorgath use weapons in battle, just his hands. Thats got to have something to do with magic. As for me, My magic takes years to learn. But I could show you a thing or two about the sword."

P

Prince RXI

To Deyja-
"Ok, but I can only use a sword if I transform it from wood or I lose all my druid powers for 1 day. I think I'll ask that Bob guy and Dorgath if they can teach me spells, but learning weapons could also help, after all, I am a Barbarian as well as a Druid and a Sorcerer. The sword leason whould be very apresiated. You just set time and place of the training and I'll be there."

B

Bob

As Bob is looking for a artifacts shop, he sees RXI and overhears him.

To RXI-

"Sorry my friend, but my powers are divine and come from my God, Pelor. You'll have to be a cleric to learn them... but if I can find an artifacts shop you could buy a scroll or wand that holds spells..."

D

Daggertooth

"Sorry then Druid, A Sword of wood is hardly a way to defend yourself. You might as well stick with your staff and that....um...Dog of yours."

"RANDO!!!....um..I mean..BAR KEEP! Where's my drink! :p"

Melkor

I'll wait around the altar until the priest comes, then I'll offer my help and the like and agree to go to the town to stop the evil plans. Unless anything else unforseen happens I will then proceed to whatever inn I am staying at and sharpen my sword, polish my armor, check my lance, and make sure that my horse's barding and shoes are all ship shape. Then I shall sleep and wake up to join the posse heading out of town.

R

Rando

To Melkor -
Oops...won't happan again.

To Jonas and Snake -
The priest comes to the town hall. Stepping into the basement, he quietly walks around the alter, all the while stoking his prayer beads. "Thank you for drawing this to my attention, dear sirs. I must be alone to destroy this alter and consecrate the ground it rests on, or else I think this building would indeed be cursed. I will meet with you two and the rest of the troup tommorow morn. Good evening to you both." With that, he takes out his prayer book, sits down next to the alter and begins to meditate on the matter...

To Deyja -
"All right, all right, here ya go." says the barkeep. "Don't knock it back too fast, it's a little strong of a batch."

B

Bob

Bob can't find an artifacts store and gives it up. He notices the priest trying to consecrate the altar.

"Let me give you a hand..."

Bob sprinkles some holy water on the site and says a long prayer to Pelor and the altar now shines with holy energy.

"You need to rest, sir..."

R

Rando

To Bob -
**Sorry, forgot to respond.** No, there is no such shop in this town, but it is rather small. Perhaps you'll have better luck in Radafel?

D

Daggertooth

"Thanks," I say to the Bar keep.

I take a long sip on ale.....and Choke back a cough. "whew, thats good stuff." I say with tears formin in my eyes.

I take another swig then stand on top of a barstool.
*no I'm not drunk after 2 swigs*

"Gentlemen! May I have your attention. Tomorrow morning me and a band of heros will head out on a quest of great importance. It is a quest against the greatest evil this world has ever known. Against the God Belial! A Glorious Death and greater life awaits you if you join us. What do you say!!!"

I take another swig and watch the few patrons to see their reactions.

R

Rando

To Deyja -
The farmers lower thier heads and avert thier eyes, and the lone man by the fire bursts out with a snorting laugh.

"Going after the followers of Belial, huh? Well good luck to you, but those with sense will be staying here, I think."