Roll Call! All Please Respond

T

train

What are you all worrying about- haven't you seen Armageddon?...

As long as Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis are around, we're okay...:D

N

Nightstalkers

Space Cowboys was also a good movie. Nothin' like going to the moon and finding some dead guy propped up lookin' at the Earth to give you the creeps.

T

train

I don't think he signed in previously - Here's the roll call post for Homestar...

:cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the main position is that it only takes one Doomsday asteroid to hit for it to matter, not what are the chances it's going to.

And it could be an asteroid from the asteroid belt between us and Jupiter that's knocked out of position by a comet or something else, in which case Jupiter won't be able to catch it as it's already past it.

N

Nightstalkers

Doesn't Mars kinda take a beating for us too Spidey?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd have to pull my book of destruction back out to get the details, but it has a picture, with Jupiter (I think) being hit by a comet, and the resulting explosion being bigger than Earth itself. Now that is huge!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Doesn't Mars kinda take a beating for us too Spidey?
Well, yeah, but I'm assuming that since we're talking about a doomsday asteroid for Earth, it already bypassed Mars :)

That would have to be one big comet to blast Jupiter, but yeah, something like that could do it. Although I thought it was more a gas planet than a "rocky" planet like the Inner Planets so when it blasts apart it might not create a lot of big debris.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, Jupiter is theoretically made up of like three layers...

The first is gas, and beneath it is hydrogen that is compressed into a liquid state, and beneath that is a rocky core. Or something to that effect...

Keep in mind that Jupiter is so huge that an Earth-sized explosion does very little to it...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed. I wonder what the effects of the comet or asteroid that fell into Jupiter a couple of years ago would have been if it happened to Earth instead... :)

Killer Joe

Killer Joe
Train
Almindhra
Chaos Turtle
Sageridder
Ephraim
SeFro
TomB
Spiderman
EricBess
Ransac