Reprint Selections

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Spiderman is the only one who actually got this thread for what it was supposed to be
Woo-hoo! That was unintentional, BTW...

This seems to have degenerated into what POWER cards would you like to see reprinted, or what made tourney decks tick. I was just listing old cards that were fun to play in a deck, that were kinda "utility" but good cards.

Responding to Isty's post about two of my suggestions, I know Regrowth was banned/restricted because of it's ability to get other restricted cards with powerful effects, but in today's Standard, are there that many where this would be BAR-ROKEN? I mean, there were plenty of other graveyard manip cards (Yawgmoth's Will). I'm not sure Regrowth will cause such an imbalance.

Force of Will was the strongest of the ACCs, but hardly anyone used the others. And again, I don't think it would be broken in todays environment; definitely used though. I was just kicking out ideas.

Other old, fun cards:
  • Kird Ape :)
  • Guardian Beast
  • Aladdin
  • Atog
  • Dwarven Armory

Heck, just grab some old card lists from the old sets and see what you think is fun.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by Rando
I would like...
Ashen Ghoul
Nether Spirit
(I assume you mean Nether SHADOW?
Order of the Ebon Hand
Order of the White Shield
Blinking Spirit
The Rack (but not the Vise)
Incinerate
Regrowth
Mother of Runes
Icy Manipulator
Phyrexian Plaugelord
Mishra's Factory
Maze of Ith
Flying Men
Stone Throwing Devils (just for kicks, but with Sinister Strength...)
Serated Arrows
Swords to Plowshares
Clergy of the Holy Nimbus (also just for kicks...)
Both Elemental Blasts
Wow. Of those, the only ones I wouldn't want to see come back would be Phyrexian Plaguelord, Mishra's Factory, Swords, and the Elemental Blasts.

C

Captain Caveman

Some older cards..............

Hell's Caretaker
Whirling Dervish
Disharmony