Re-Opening the Debate: Should the CPA become a General Gaming Site?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TomB: Like I said in the other thread, I thought the original plan WAS to condense some of the lesser used Magic forums, like Story and Voting. But maybe that was all the initial planning, just like here :)

Mr. P: I don't think we're planning to go into the depths of general gaming such as getting interviews with developers or beta testing or whatever (although who knows, maybe it'll come to that :) ) But the whole idea is to bring back some of the old members, keep existing ones, and get new ones by giving more to to talk about with "official" sanction, rather than just Magic. Although like TomB says, probably all that's needed at this point is opening up the front page to all gaming articles, rather than just Magic and open up forums on a "need-to" basis.

Oversoul: I (and maybe some other administrators) can change the layout of the forums without too much problems, although I would probably want Ed to okay it to make sure.

mythosx: Save your rants for front page articles! Or posts in the General forum if this doesn't fly! :)

But a test-run could be a good idea. Really the same thing TomB is saying.

N

Notepad

Hey, any way to post this debate on the front page? Like some announcement, so the readers who are not posters have a chance to give feedback? And then post a link to this issue thread so they can possibly discuss?

N

Notepad

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cool.

That's exactly what's needed to help this issue get discussed among more people it would affect.

Killer Joe

Maybe we can get this discussion to be a little more focused. Let's make a "Pros & Cons" list:

Pro (For a change in the CPA to beome more General gaming Site)
-More people will come to the site

Con (Opposed to the change or stay as is)
-We don't want "Whack-a-do's" visiting here

A

Almindhra

For me, personally, years ago, sure, Magic was my main focus...Since then, I've stopped going to tournaments, stopped collecting, stopped playing casually...I move on to other hobbies, games and such...

If we open the site to other topics, I'm more inclined to perhaps visit more often and would be able to possibly write articles and put my own opinions on things here and there...

And we all know how much you've missed my opinions... ;)

N

Notepad

...is that the living leged "Mindy" y'all talk about?

In that case, guys, see what she said? Convert to general gaming and she'll pop up more often. *hint hint*

-Sefro, who just needed to act as interpreter for the previous post.

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by SeFRo
...is that the living leged "Mindy" y'all talk about?

In that case, guys, see what she said? Convert to general gaming and she'll pop up more often. *hint hint*
*struts on back in*

Of course it is I...The Mindy of all Mindy's...The Oink of all Magic...and everything else...The reigning Queen of the CPA because...I say so!...

Now get on your knees Sefro and show me how much you adore me...

*smirks*

N

Nightstalkers

Originally posted by Almindhra
*struts on back in*

Of course it is I...The Mindy of all Mindy's...The Oink of all Magic...and everything else...The reigning Queen of the CPA because...I say so!...

*smirks*
*tosses Mindi a boquet of flowers*

If all magic players here were like her, we wouldn't have this thread. But why not try a little tolerance? We could have a section for all other games..... Oh wait, we already have that don't we?

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Almindhra
*smirks*
Sorry, Mindy, I'm just your common, everyday variety of gender-behavior-neutral Sefro. (Just cause you's a girlie girl don't mean I's gonna kiss yer butt like the rest of the crew). In the wild I eat people's cars and light their houses on fire. In captivity, I turn into a DCI Outlaw, Casual Pundit and Interpreter.

Overall: I bow and/or kneel to no-one, save for the Queen of Evil, Martha Stewart.

M

Mikeymike

I'd be fine with it provided that....

1) Mike-Ed is fine with it
2) It is also a positive change for various members of the board, which it appears to be.

There's nothing wrong with change.

T

train

I'm up for it...

*smirks that SeFRo didn't kneel to Mindy - and gets in line to do so...*

A

Almindhra

*looks at train's post count*...:eek:...*procedes to slap him around a bit when he finally gets to her*

T

train

*looks at train's post count*...
I have a BIG one don't I?!!!...

Spidey's is bigger...:(

I wouldn't cheat on Mindy if opening up the site meant more like her showing up - but it would be neat...

*takes his beatings with a smile on his face...*

:D

Ready for School Mindy?... Summer's almost over...

N

Notepad

Go outside and meet some babes, you guys. Jeez....

And Mindy, since you're the one girl here (Rev is a girl too, but pretends to be a guy to fit in...with the ponytail inside the baseball cap et all, you know the routine) you shouldn't taunt these poor guys who don't know females exist outside. Go find yourself a babe, too. Then you can be a lesbian and provoke mythosx and be the envy of the forums even more.

A

Almindhra

*eyes train*...Don't remind me about school...;)

Sorry to delude your fantasies about girl Magic players, or, ex female Magic players, SeFRo, I'm not interested in the female persuasion...Though I am sure that has to be a website somewhere for that sort of fetish...

Happy hunting!

N

Notepad

I didn't assume you were a lesbian. In fact, I assumed otherwise. I did, however, recommend you might become one, even if the only point is to provoke the anti-gay surfers here (not for fetish picture posting or anything) because those "gay marriage" threads have gotten boring and the issue needs to go in a "new and compelling" direction. Y'see?

I'd become human if the people here would get angry about it, but um...oh wait, I think I am human. Well, time to stop eating the neighbor's cats...