Ravnica Duals

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
Well... another one that won't work is:

Those d*** lands that are ment to replace dualies but are crappy knockoffs of them - lost count after 10 syllables due to disinterest

crazy thing is, these things will probably go up to about $5 a piece, while your pained lands get the $3 deal.
I think you underestimate the power of the Ravnica duals (shocklands is fewer syllables, but Ravnica duals is so very specific that anyone who has ever seen them would know what you're talking about--it just seems natural, so that's what I'm going with for now). They aren't crappy knockoffs. They're by far the best manafixers since the Onslaught fetchlands. They make the Invasions CIP tapped lands look pathetic (and those things have seen quite a bit of use). They even make painlands look obsolete.

Since they'll be legal in Standard and all that, they'll be in high demand. And they have value outside of Standard too, so people will be more willing to pay higher prices for them. The old duals have become ridiculously expensive, so these will be a more affordable option for many casual players, but I doubt they'll be $5 a piece. I'm no expert on card prices though, so I can't say for sure. I just think they'll be a lot more than $5.

M

Mikeymike

Sup bitches! :)

These lands are excellent, IMO the best rendition of the original dual lands ever made. I expect that 3 out of every 4 times they will be 'better' than straight pain lands.

The fact that they are far, far easier to search for gives them an inherent advantage. Especially when you can Fetch (land) at the end of turn, bypassing its "Deal 2 damage" effect.

M

Mikeymike

Hey Spidey,

Ah, you know the usual. Temporarily lost interest in the game, extended periods of no internet access, moved, work, girlfriend, absolutely zero inspiration for all things Magic related, dog ate my homework etc. etc.

You know me, I'm in and out. Right now I'm in like Flynn.

H

Hetemti

Up to $5? They'll probably get to $8 for people who are aiming for full sets of them. ; j

H

Hetemti

That sounds a bit high, but I wouldn't doubt the fat wallets and T2 constructed players who need Just One More will pay that piper.

M

Mikeymike

WTF? $25...for the R/W...

That's more than Plateau. Actually, that's right up there with Underground Sea.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mikeymike said:
WTF? $25...for the R/W...

That's more than Plateau. Actually, that's right up there with Underground Sea.
It'll die down a bit after a while. But I don't expect it to be so low as $5.

Underground Sea is $25+ now, eh? I guess I won't be completing a full set of all the dual lands anytime soon... :rolleyes:

Well, at least I already have two Underground Seas... :)

Killer Joe

Supply and Demand.

I would think that most of the Magic Community basically missed the boat, per se, in collecting the original Dual Lands. Here comes a sort of second chance. And because they count as both listed land types then that makes them way more popular than any of the 10 painlands, which aren't going to be cheap either in the near future, S & D.

I would think.

S

sageridder

Well for me at this point I think the only way I'll be getting a set is if all the rumors of them being in the precons pans out.If it does, since the little lady preordered me x4 the common and uncommon set for my birthday hopefully I'll then be able to trade off all the extra commons and uncommons from the precons to get a few of the rares I'd like to get.Otherwise they seem a little to pricey for me to go after right now.