Ravnica Duals

N

Nightstalkers

Howabout "those terrible lands that replaced the painlands"

Meh... I'm still trying to unload the painlands I've got.

N

Nightstalkers

What about those wierd lair lands from Planeshift, were they called Dragon lands or lair lands or something?

I'm just thinking that it probably won't catch on... Meh... Just hope that it's not corny.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They're called lairs because it's an actual subtype they have.

Before they were errata'd to include the "lair" part above the text box, they'd say things like...

"Darigaaz's Caldera is a Lair in addition to its land type."

Since these are, for all intents and purposes, dual lands, I suspect that they'll simply be referred to as "the new dual lands" or "the Ravnica dual lands" or something. I mean, Onslaught introduced a new (and better) type of fetchland, and I've usually seen them referred to as "Onslaught fetchlands."

Killer Joe

I think any land that touts itself as both one kind of land AND another; like Forest and Mountain, then it should be called/refered to as a "Dual Land" but none others. So, until Ravinca lands are in our hands, there are only the original 10 Duals out there. :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Killer Joe said:
So, until Ravinca lands are in our hands, there are only the original 10 Duals out there. :p
Until Black Lotus is in my hands, I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the fabled "power nine." Wait, I've had a Black Lotus in my hands before...

Okay, until Time Walk is in my hands... :rolleyes:

H

Hetemti

I have my Ancestral Recall in my hands, is that close enough?

N

Nightstalkers

yeah... but... how will pricing be on these new lands? I mean... will they be $5 to $16 a piece?

And thanks for reminding me that I have to find another 6x9 promo Black Lotus for a friend in Georgia... I wonder if Mr.P is still alive....

N

Nightstalkers

evan d said:
Shocklands was used in a question on wizards.com
Hah, that's a cute name for'em, maybe we should start calling them that?

Shockland... Hmm... Erm... Sounds kinda right.

H

Hetemti

Gizmo said:
Shockland sounds good to me. It tells you what it does.
They deal two red tamage to a targeted creature or player when you get mana? I thought they had a cost to pay to prevent the come-into-play-tapped effect...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hetemti said:
They deal two red tamage to a targeted creature or player when you get mana? I thought they had a cost to pay to prevent the come-into-play-tapped effect...
I think Gizmo meant that they shock people with how good they are.

But when I first saw the term, I thought the same thing you did...

N

Nightstalkers

well... some people might get it mixed up... could always call them statically charged lands.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Ravnica duals". You immediately know what expansion they're from and if you don't know what they do, you know what expansion to look them up under.

G

Gizmo

Here's why that wont work.

Ravnica Duals - 5 syllables

Shocklands - 2 syllables

N

Nightstalkers

Gizmo said:
Here's why that wont work.

Ravnica Duals - 5 syllables

Shocklands - 2 syllables
Well... another one that won't work is:

Those d*** lands that are ment to replace dualies but are crappy knockoffs of them - lost count after 10 syllables due to disinterest

crazy thing is, these things will probably go up to about $5 a piece, while your pained lands get the $3 deal.

Eh... if you guys are lookin' for crap rares, lemme know... I know a place that sells stuff like that for $1-3 a piece...