Rant! Magic players....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Great Wall is horrible, but it doesn't hurt you. It could be possible to use it with something, but I'd say Great Wall is only slightly worse than Snowfall, since both basically do nothing, but Snowfall MIGHT end up helping pay to keep a Reality Twist or something out.

Sorrow's Path takes up a land drop and does nothing, unless you activate it, in which case it hurts you and is far too situational to use. Train was able to build a deck based on making that damage a good thing, rather than a bad thing. I'll bet he could make something to work with Great Wall too.

The Trooper is terrible, but it doesn't give you a personal Armageddon when it comes into play. For four mana, Aven Trooper is a 1/1 flyer with an ability you will probably never use. For four mana, Wood Elemental is a 0/0 that does nothing except die, unless you are willing to give up an untapped Forest for each point of power and toughness it gets, which is such a bad deal that it almost makes the Trooper look good.

T

train

simple on the wall...

hack it to forest, and run wild with the erhnams...:D

or hack it against a goblin king...

etc...
etc...

:D

N

Notepad

Yes, play Wood Elemental with Ernham Djinn and you have a mighty fine combo. Goes good right before an Armageddon, too. ;)

Aven Trooper is overpriced dog ****. It doesn't combo with anything worthwhile. Its only purpose in life is to be the butt of my examples of bad cards. Sheesh, even Aven Envoy laughs at Trooper.

Great Wall is still worse than Sorrow's Path because it does totally nothing. Sorrow's Path can at least be exploited by the terminally insane.

"Ph33r the Gr4c3phul 4nt3l0p3 d3kz, n00b!!!"

T

train

Great Wall is still worse than Sorrow's Path because it does totally nothing. Sorrow's Path can at least be exploited by the terminally insane
I like being terminally insane...;)

And Aven trooper combos nicely with the following:

Madness spells...

Squee - obvious... multiple squees even...

Pitchstone Wall... You can even cycle with Enduring Renewal (the wall) or Lifeline...

You could run a B/W deck and use the trooper to get creature cards into the gy for your Ichorid... shadows, spirits, etc...

:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Great Wall could be exploited by the terminally insane just as easily, if not moreso...

It's still horrible, but the clincher with Path is that it costs a land drop to do nothing, unless you activate it, in which case it hurts you...