Rant! Magic players....

M

mythosx

:mad: I am tired of hearing about how individual cards suck. I know there are answers to everything. However, I have seen many decklists and unless your running a deck that has terrors, dishenchants, naturalizes, force of wills, armageddons and obliterates... You can not possibly have an answer to everything. so stop talking like you can answer everything. This is to all the l33t wannabies. I want to sit down to a game of T1 casual with you and show you that your deck can't handle everything. And I don't want to hear anything about I could have won if I had... You lost cuz you didn't and remember that.

I am writing this after reading sefro's article about 5th dawn. I enjoyed his simplistic style and is easy to follow reasoning. I thought the people who responded to his article were turd munches. Yes that is an official term.

M

mythosx

Yeah, you are right...But I'm not talking about those. I should make this more clear. Individually you can say any card can suck. They all have a weakness. But a good card is a good card.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Like Balance? Oh wait, you're talking about things like some of the responses to SeFro's article that weren't that bright, aren't you? Well, there is that, but I've seen worse...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"The Deck" used to be the answer to everything... back in the days of yore (like up to 95 or 96). Not sure how it's doing today, although from Oscar Tan's articles, it seems to be holding it's own.

N

Notepad

Thanks for the backup. I assume you're speaking mainly of raymooooooond there, who not only managed to tick me off, but caused Houts to join in the thread as well. :D I enjoyed being called a noob yet again...after playing for nearly 10 years now (one more month!)

Yeah, there are people out there who would say "Platinum Angel sucks" based merely on the fact you can kill it so easily. Same can be said of so many critters in the game. And, do all those critters pose as much power to your opponent if you leave them alive? Hell nah!

You're right on the money, mythosx. I understood what you're meaning here. Any thoughts on fluffing up the rant to cover more specific points or to argue on more general terms, and making an article of it? ;)

Killer Joe

It is far much easier for any of us to put a negative on any subject (cards). But extremely harder to put up our opinion and stand by it to say something positive on any subject (cards).

N

Nightstalkers

A good chunk of individual cards suck worse than the septic truck parked on my lawn... but thats another story :rolleyes:

Its all about the strategies and everything that you put into them, not the individuality of the card, that really matters.

As for utility decks... I really dont' have the expertise to build one that does not have a problem with a good chunk of strategies, but I can build something to foil my friends.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Platinum Angel does something that no other card does, really, so it doesn't suck...

Something like Door to Nothingness though...

M

mythosx

I just might turn this into an article in my spare time. I'm in the crotchity old man mood.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by mythosx
I just might turn this into an article in my spare time. I'm in the crotchity old man mood.
That mood is one of the best to be in if you're wanting to write a rant. Go for it! ;) :D

Killer Joe

Oil is to water. :)

Although BLUE has one of the ULTIMATE answers in the form of Counterspell, the other colors have answers, too.

Gawd, did I just SAY that? :eek:

I'm gonna play my UW Control deck for a while just to make sure I'm okay. :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Why not just monoblue? Or are you running Post or some other such card that makes white too tempting?

M

mythosx

Hey train post your deck that can answer everything...I want to show the newbies that you can't.

T

train

Actually it's B/W/G/R...

it's not here at work - but I'll post it when I get back from camp...;)