Ransac vs Spiderman: Casual Decks Collide!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In response to your tapping of pants, I avert my eyes and thus avoid seeing the "booging down".

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Underground River, tap UB2 to cast Circu, Dimir Lobotomist, tap UB to cast Glimpse of the Unthinkable targeting you, Dominating Licid attacks for 1, Done.

Ransac:

Life: 14?
Cards in Hand: 0
Cards in Library: 35
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island
(T) Plateau
(T) Forest
Zuran Orb
(T) Scroll Rack (1, T: Choose any number of cards in your hand and set those cards aside face down. Put an equal number of cards from the top of your library into your hand. Then put the cards set aside this way on top of your library in any order.)
Celestial Dawn (Nonland cards you own that aren’t in play, spells you control, and nonland permanents you control are white. Lands you control are Plains. Spells and abilities you control produce white mana instead of any other color. You may spend white mana as though it were mana of any color)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, 10 cards
RFG:

Spiderman:

Life: 14
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in Library: 40
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(T,T) Underground Riverx2 (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U) Wall of Tears (0/4, Defender, whenever ~ blocks a creature, return that creature to its owners hand at the end of combat)
(T) Dominating Licid (1/1, 1UU, T: ~ becomes an enchant creature card. Pay U to end this ability. You control enchanted creature)
(U) Circu, Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, whenever I play a blue or black spell, remove top card of target library from the game. Opponents can't play nonland cards of the same name as a card removed from the game by Circu)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Diabolic Vision, Undermine, Drift of Phantasms, Polluted Delta, Mundungu, Stifle, Polluted Delta, Glimpse the Unthinkable
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Ten Cards killed from Glimpse: Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, and "Kiyomaro, First to Stand".

EDITED: Forgot to remove a card for Circu. It was Taiga.

Crap in a hand basket.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Drop Volcanic Island, Cuss at my helper monkey, done.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 33
In Play:
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(U) Forest
Zuran Orb
(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: Choose any number of cards in your hand and set those cards aside face down. Put an equal number of cards from the top of your library into your hand. Then put the cards set aside this way on top of your library in any order.)
Celestial Dawn (Nonland cards you own that aren’t in play, spells you control, and nonland permanents you control are white. Lands you control are Plains. Spells and abilities you control produce white mana instead of any other color. You may spend white mana as though it were mana of any color)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand"

RFG: Taiga

Spiderman:

Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in Library: 40
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(T,T) Underground Riverx2 (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U) Wall of Tears (0/4, Defender, whenever ~ blocks a creature, return that creature to its owners hand at the end of combat)
(T) Dominating Licid (1/1, 1UU, T: ~ becomes an enchant creature card. Pay U to end this ability. You control enchanted creature)
(U) Circu, Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, whenever I play a blue or black spell, remove top card of target library from the game. Opponents can't play nonland cards of the same name as a card removed from the game by Circu)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Diabolic Vision, Undermine, Drift of Phantasms, Polluted Delta, Mundungu, Stifle, Polluted Delta, Glimpse the Unthinkable
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I laugh as Ransac's helper monkey flings poo at him for the cussing out :D

I sure hope those cards were useful :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Underground Sea, attack with Circu and the Licid for 3, tap out (and take 1 from a River) to cast Phage (triggering Circu targeting your library), Done.

Ransac:

Life: 11
Cards in Library: 32
In Play:
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(U) Forest
Zuran Orb
(U) Scroll Rack (1, T: Choose any number of cards in your hand and set those cards aside face down. Put an equal number of cards from the top of your library into your hand. Then put the cards set aside this way on top of your library in any order.)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", top card from your library

RFG: Taiga (by Circu)

Spiderman:

Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in Library: 39
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(T) Underground Sea (T: add U or B to my mana pool)

(T) Circu, Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, whenever I play a blue or black spell, remove top card of target library from the game. Opponents can't play nonland cards of the same name as a card removed from the game by Circu)
(U) Phage the Untouchable (4/4, when ~ deals combat dmg to a creature, bury that creature. When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player loses the game)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Curse at helper monkey for flinging monkey poo. Remove Goblin Trenches (DAMN!) from library. Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Praise Allah!, Tap Plains and Mountain to cast Balance. Response?

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 31 (Edit: Keep forgetting this)
In Play:
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(U) Forest
Zuran Orb

Stack: Balance

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand"

RFG: Taiga (by Circu), Goblin Trenches (by Circu)

Spiderman:

Cards in Hand: 2
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2

(T) Circu, Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, whenever I play a blue or black spell, remove top card of target library from the game. Opponents can't play nonland cards of the same name as a card removed from the game by Circu)
(U) Phage the Untouchable (4/4, when ~ deals combat dmg to a creature, bury that creature. When ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player loses the game)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey dude, I hate to do this to you, but the first time that Circu triggered, you were supposed to remove *two* cards from your library because Glimpse was both a black AND blue, so Circu triggered twice. So you would have removed Taiga and Volcanic Island and drawn the Goblin Trenches (which you probably would have played, right?) Then from Phage, you would have had to remove the Balance... not that I'm upset at your top deck :)

So I don't know if we're supposed to back up or since I missed the double removal part of Glimpse, keep on playing. Do we call a judge :) ? Or since this is a casual game, just keep playing?

L

Limited

I'd say, since even Spiderman didn't catch the mistake immediately, it is too much to take it back and you just play on..

but that's just me.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I was thinking about whether my gold spell triggered Circu twice but forgot about it during the day...

okay, let's play on and I'll be more diligent. I have no responses to the Balance.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I wouldn't have minded either way (My deck is obviously going to lose anyway), but this way will drag it out.

I was wondering about Glimpse counting twice or not, too, but figured that since it was 1 card it didn't. Oh, well. You won't make the same mistake in the rematch.

Honestly, even though the Balance is giving me more time, I think I'd prefer the trenches. It would've made the game more casual.

Balance resolves. I sacrifice all of my artifacts and enchantments. You sacrifice your all of your creatures, 1 land, and discard you hand. Unless you have some random fast effect.

After you sacrifice and discard, my turn will be over. I hope to something something completely random, like a Leviathan that wasn't added to the deck.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 31
In Play:
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack.

Spiderman:

Cards in Hand:
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Diabolic Vision, Undermine, Drift of Phantasms, Polluted Delta, Mundungu, Stifle, Polluted Delta, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Wall of Tears, "Phage, the Untouchable", Dominating Licid, "Circu, Dimir Lobotomist", Two cards from hand, One land of your choice
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll sac an Underground River and discard Sorceress Queen and Szadek, Lord of Secrets.

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Nettling Imp, Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 31
In Play:
(U) Plains
(U) Mountain
(U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack.

Spiderman:

Cards in Library: 38
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(T) Underground River (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)

(U) Nettling Imp (1/1, T: target non-Wall creature attacks, if able. At EOT, destroy that creature if it did not attack. Ignore this effect if the creature wasn't in play at the beginning of the players turn. Play this ability only during an opponent's turn before attackers are declared)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Diabolic Vision, Undermine, Drift of Phantasms, Polluted Delta, Mundungu, Stifle, Polluted Delta, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Wall of Tears, Phage-the Untouchable, Dominating Licid, Circu-Dimir Lobotomist, Sorceress Queen, Szadek-Lord of Secrets, Underground River
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Tap out to play Decree of Justice for 1. Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 30
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T,T) Volcanic Island x2
(T) Plateau
(T) Forest

Angel token (4/4 Flying White Creature)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack, Decree of Justice.

Spiderman:

Cards in Library: 38
In Play:

(T,T) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(T) Underground River (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)

(U) Nettling Imp (1/1, T: target non-Wall creature attacks, if able. At EOT, destroy that creature if it did not attack. Ignore this effect if the creature wasn't in play at the beginning of the players turn. Play this ability only during an opponent's turn before attackers are declared)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Diabolic Vision, Undermine, Drift of Phantasms, Polluted Delta, Mundungu, Stifle, Polluted Delta, Glimpse the Unthinkable, Wall of Tears, Phage-the Untouchable, Dominating Licid, Circu-Dimir Lobotomist, Sorceress Queen, Szadek-Lord of Secrets, Underground River
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
CRAP! I just noticed that I should've kept my artifacts and enchantments from the Balance! CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pooey........ Damn me and my easily excitedness.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, I didn't even notice that... I'm so used to "board sweepers" like Pernicious Deed...

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Black Knight, Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Library: 30
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T,T) Volcanic Island x2
(T) Plateau
(T) Forest

Angel token (4/4 Flying White Creature)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack, Decree of Justice.

Spiderman:

Cards in Library: 37
In Play:

(U,U) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(U) Underground River (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)
(U) Underground Sea (T: add U or B to my mana pool)

(U) Black Knight (2/2, first strike, pro-white)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, upkeep, Draw, Tap Forest, Mountain, and Plains to cycle Krosan Tusker.

I can fetch dual lands with this guy, right?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That being the case, I shall search for a forest. Shuffle Library, draw card for cycling, WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aw, yeah, baby!!!! Safe Haven!!!!!!!

*cough cough*

What?!?! No applause?!?! Fine> I'll drop the Safe Haven and Attack with Angel token for 4. Done.

Ransac:

Cards in Hand: 1 (forest searched from Tusker)
Cards in Library: 27
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U,U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(T) Forest
(U) Safe Haven
(T)Angel token (4/4 Flying White Creature)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack, Decree of Justice, Krosan Tusker.

Spiderman:

Life: 10
Cards in Library: 37
In Play:

(U,U) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2
(U) Underground River (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: add U or B to my mana pool and take 1 dmg)

(U) Black Knight (2/2, first strike, pro-white)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, a damage race...

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with my guys for 3, Underworld Dreams, Done.

Ransac:

Life: 8
Cards in Hand: 1 (forest searched from Tusker)
Cards in Library: 27
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(U,U) Volcanic Island x2
(U) Plateau
(T) Forest
(U) Safe Haven
(T)Angel token (4/4 Flying White Creature)

Graveyard: Celestial Dawn, Fling, Academy Rector, Animate Land, Island, Fling, Birds of Paradise, Seismic Assault, Sylvan Library, Form of the Dragon, Tundra, Gruul War Plow, Day of the Dragons, Birds of Paradise, Zuran Orb, Chrome Mox, "Kiyomaro, First to Stand", Balance, Zuran Orb, Celestial Dawn, Scroll Rack, Decree of Justice, Krosan Tusker.

Spiderman:

Life: 10
Cards in Library: 36
In Play:

(U,U) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2

Underworld Dreams (whenever Ransac draws a card, ~ deals 1 dmg to him)

(T) Nettling Imp (1/1, T: target non-Wall creature attacks, if able. At EOT, destroy that creature if it did not attack. Ignore this effect if the creature wasn't in play at the beginning of the players turn. Play this ability only during an opponent's turn before attackers are declared)
(T) Black Knight (2/2, first strike, pro-white)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Draw (OUCH!), Play Forest, Cast Verdant Touch with Buyback on Safe Haven. Attack with Angel and Safe Haven for 6. Done.

Ransac:

Life: 7
Cards in Hand: 1
Cards in Library: 26
In Play:
(T) Plains
(T) Mountain
(T,U) Volcanic Island x2
(T) Plateau
(T,U) Forest
(T) Safe Haven (2/2 Creature permanently)
(T) Angel token (4/4 Flying White Creature)

Spiderman:

Life: 4 (?)
Cards in Library: 36
In Play:

(U,U) Islandx2
(T,T) Swampx2

Underworld Dreams (whenever Ransac draws a card, ~ deals 1 dmg to him)

(T) Nettling Imp (1/1, T: target non-Wall creature attacks, if able. At EOT, destroy that creature if it did not attack. Ignore this effect if the creature wasn't in play at the beginning of the players turn. Play this ability only during an opponent's turn before attackers are declared)
(T) Black Knight (2/2, first strike, pro-white)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like this is it... need a way to stop the Angel....

Untap, upkeep, Draw.... and nothing. Got an Underground Sea. Good game!

I wonder how it would have went if we played Circu correctly... :)

Play a second? If so, I'll draw first.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If we played the Circu right, you more than likely would've won, due to the Balance being removed. But, that's what matches are for!

My Safe Haven clinched the victory ;D.

I checked my next draw. It wouldn't have been your lucky day, for Morphling would've have next.

Any way, yeah! second game. You draw first? Then here I go! I'll try to be more on top of things.

Play Taiga, Birds of Paradise. Done.

Ransac:

Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 7
Cards in Library: 53
In Play:
(T) Taiga [R/G Dual Land]
(U) Birds of Paradise [0/1, Flying, T: Add of one mana of any color]
Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman:

Life: 20