Question Mark Answer

N

Nightstalkers

That is correct...:)

Tuesday, April 15: Teferi's Isle. The "mega mega" cycle was a cycle of five lands that came out once per block for five years. The lands correlated to all five colors. Mirage block - Teferi's Isle (blue), Tempest block - Volrath's Stronghold (black), Urza's Saga - Yavimaya Hollow (green), Mercadian Masques - Kor Haven (white) and Invasion - Keldon Necropolis (red).

Todays question:

Wednesday, April 16: What Mirage card has an illustration that was not commissioned for a Magic card?

Come on! who would know that sort of thing?

E

EricBess

Wow...I think I know about this, but I don't remember the card. If only I had time to look up the pictures... Sigh...

T

train

I think it's Unfulfilled Desires...

My best guess would be fire diamond though...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Maro.
Mark rosewater told the story during one of his columns.

E

EricBess

That's it. I would have remembered if I had looked over the cards. The artwork had already been done when they saw it and they purchased it specifically for the card.

N

Nightstalkers

Answer: Maro. Originally entitled "The Green Man", the piece was done by the artist Stuart Griffin as a piece for sale. Mirage art director Sue Ann Harkey saw the piece at a show and bought the rights to use the image from Griffin.

Here's another one:

Thursday, April 17: What card was originally called Dauthi? (The term was later used for the black shadow creatures.)

E

EricBess

Todays is a bit ironic:

In design, what Mirage enchantment had protection from white?

Check here for the answer in the MtGonline article released the same day. :p

N

Nightstalkers

Thats easy! Forsaken Wastes, because of how easily it was destroyed... Needless to say, they thought that would be too much and substituted the lose five life clause in the case instead...

The answer to the last was Withering Boon

E

EricBess

Today's Question:

What Visions card’s flavor text introduces a character not seen as a legend card until the Mercadian Masques block?
I don't know the card right off, but I know that the character is Squee. It's part of a poem in the flavor text and I think it's a red card, but I'm not certain.

M

Mikeymike

From EricBess
The Mega Mega cycle was a cycle of lands, each released in a different set. The final one was Keldon Necropolace for Red. Others are (not necessarily in order) Vec Township (I think that's the name), Yavimaya Hollow, and some tower or other that lets you sac a creature for black mana.
White was Kor Haven
Black was Volrath's Stronghold

The Tower you where thinking of was Phyrexian Tower, which was part of the Broken Saga cycle on NBL's - Academy, Cradle, Sanctum, Shivan Gorge and the Tower.

N

Nightstalkers

Friday, April 25: What Visions card was inspired by the computer game Warcraft?

is this a fair question to be asking casual players?

N

Nightstalkers

It's just something that most people would't know. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Who cares!

Eat more chicken

N

Nightstalkers

Answer: Ovinomancer. It was inspired by the spell in the game named Polymorph. At the time of Visions design, most of R&D played the game religiously.

A thousand points for the web slinger..

Monday, April 28: What appears in the textbox of many Portal cards that has never appeared on a tournament legal card?

Wasn't it bold text?