Question Mark Answer

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by train, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

That is correct...:)

Tuesday, April 15: Teferi's Isle. The "mega mega" cycle was a cycle of five lands that came out once per block for five years. The lands correlated to all five colors. Mirage block - Teferi's Isle (blue), Tempest block - Volrath's Stronghold (black), Urza's Saga - Yavimaya Hollow (green), Mercadian Masques - Kor Haven (white) and Invasion - Keldon Necropolis (red).

Todays question:

Wednesday, April 16: What Mirage card has an illustration that was not commissioned for a Magic card?

Come on! who would know that sort of thing?
  2. EricBess Active Member

Wow...I think I know about this, but I don't remember the card. If only I had time to look up the pictures... Sigh...
  3. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

4. train The Wildcard!!!...

I think it's Unfulfilled Desires...

My best guess would be fire diamond though...
  5. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

Maro.
    Mark rosewater told the story during one of his columns.
  6. EricBess Active Member

That's it. I would have remembered if I had looked over the cards. The artwork had already been done when they saw it and they purchased it specifically for the card.
  7. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Answer: Maro. Originally entitled "The Green Man", the piece was done by the artist Stuart Griffin as a piece for sale. Mirage art director Sue Ann Harkey saw the piece at a show and bought the rights to use the image from Griffin.

Here's another one:

Thursday, April 17: What card was originally called Dauthi? (The term was later used for the black shadow creatures.)
  8. EricBess Active Member

Todays is a bit ironic:

In design, what Mirage enchantment had protection from white?

Check here for the answer in the MtGonline article released the same day. :p
  9. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Thats easy! Forsaken Wastes, because of how easily it was destroyed... Needless to say, they thought that would be too much and substituted the lose five life clause in the case instead...

The answer to the last was Withering Boon
  10. EricBess Active Member

Today's Question:

I don't know the card right off, but I know that the character is Squee. It's part of a poem in the flavor text and I think it's a red card, but I'm not certain.
  11. Mikeymike Captain Hiatus

White was Kor Haven
    Black was Volrath's Stronghold

The Tower you where thinking of was Phyrexian Tower, which was part of the Broken Saga cycle on NBL's - Academy, Cradle, Sanctum, Shivan Gorge and the Tower.
  12. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Friday, April 25: What Visions card was inspired by the computer game Warcraft?

is this a fair question to be asking casual players?
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Why, Magic casual players can't play Warcraft?

Ovinomancer.
  14. train The Wildcard!!!...

No Spidey - they can't... it is forbidden.:p
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I've been doing the forbidden all this time then... :p
  16. train The Wildcard!!!...

You know how to Mamba?!!!...:D :eek: :eek:
  17. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

It's just something that most people would't know. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Who cares!

Eat more chicken
  18. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

Answer: Ovinomancer. It was inspired by the spell in the game named Polymorph. At the time of Visions design, most of R&D played the game religiously.

A thousand points for the web slinger..

Monday, April 28: What appears in the textbox of many Portal cards that has never appeared on a tournament legal card?

Wasn't it bold text?
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That's why it's trivia...
  20. train The Wildcard!!!...

My answer to today's question mark was "horsemanship"...