Question Mark Answer

N

Nightstalkers

Tuesday, April 8: According to Magic slang, what Alliances card created “dudes”?

it does?

T

train

It was nicknamed the "Dude Ranch"...

So it produced Dudes...

Needless to say - I wouldn't be surprised if a Texan coined that term...;)

N

Nightstalkers

isn't there a texan in all of us? that one with the Snarcs house of Sin really tripped me up... who would ever have figured that it was in the art?

M

Mazzak

I traded for a Joven just for that plaque in the background...

T

train

I just think it's nice to see how much Texas really affects the rest of the world.:D ;) :p

Ferret

Staff member
Today's Question Mark answer is:
Kjeldoran Outpost...

What card couldn't get banned fast enough? (well, at the time - there have been lots of others since then.

-Ferret

"Oh look? Another Wrath of God!"

O

orgg

I knew all the Homelands except for "Where did the Feather Grandmother Sengir used in her art come from according to the published Homelands backstory?"

I dug out my $12 Homelands comic(EXCELLENT DEAL ON EBAY FOR $6 NOWDAYS!!!) and read it. Cover to Cover.

Then I read my Homelands set.

It says nothing. Nothing at all.

Homelands was an excellent expansion, except for a little over half of the cards should've had (1) taken off of their cost.

Legeons reminds me of it for that reason, card mechanic wise... But the richness of the Homelands story (and the Fallen Empires story, as well) CAN NOT be denied!

This three-hundred set Story Block stuff... stinks. One Set, MABE two sets, and then let the story be free... but leave some loopholes so that, if it's a fan favorite, it can be resurrected for another expansion or two.

...Or, if the fans like the story, five or six. Then kill everyone off, but leave Squee with the potential to come back, since he's immortal. then squish 'em with a Rock.

N

Nightstalkers

Never did figure out why they would have such a long story involving the Weatherlights, Urza, and Barrin then kill 'em all off.

Boink, Urza was in the first few sets, see where that got him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Ferret
What card couldn't get banned fast enough?
Was it banned? I only remember Zuran Orb from that block/expansion...

theorgg: Maybe it's in the Duelist or online at WOTC...

Ferret

Staff member
Was it banned? I only remember Zuran Orb from that block/expansion...
I think it was either banned or restricted...I'll have to go back and check the lists. It was an incredible card that helped many players win in tourneys for awhile - part of a U/W combo deck that bounced and wrathed a lot...

-Ferret

"...the memory fades sometimes..."

T

train

The outpost wasn't banned... or restricted...

and the use of thawing glaciers just guaranteed they had more mana much sooner...

N

Nightstalkers

Now that was a good card, lets see if the glacier isn't taken out by a land destruction deck! Muhahahaha more mana for mee

N

Nightstalkers

Friday, April 11: What Alliances card was almost called Marriage of Convenience?

I remember that there was a ceremony with a bunny and something being wed... can't remember the name though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember that there was a ceremony with a bunny and something being wed... can't remember the name though.
I was just looking at that card over the weekend and was trying to figure out what that other thing was too. :)

N

Nightstalkers

I remember that it was a wedding but it was unlikely alliance... like train stated. What a crappy card! you save a critter from a burn or direct damage, maybe, but you cannot do much else with it, unless you have those runners??? whatever.

But the other one is a blank to me. can't remember what the thing was.

Tuesday, April 15: What card was the first card in the "mega mega" cycle?

This is the sort of thing that even I don't know about. Should I share it with the collective?

E

EricBess

That's easy. Teferi's Isle.

The Mega Mega cycle was a cycle of lands, each released in a different set. The final one was Keldon Necropolace for Red. Others are (not necessarily in order) Vec Township (I think that's the name), Yavimaya Hollow, and some tower or other that lets you sac a creature for black mana.