Question about buying...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Cloud Pirates aren't bad either. There are also Man-o'-War, Mercenary Knight (like Hidden Horror only better), Cruel Bargain (Infernal Contract), Gift of Estates (sort of like Tithe), Personal Tutor (a sorcery version of Mystical Tutor), Pillaging Horde (Balduvian Horde), Natural Order, Pyroclasm, and some other decent cards in Portal 1.

Portal 2 has some okay cards but not as many, if I remember correctly (I was never really into Portal 2 and can't remember).

Portal 3 is probably impossible to obtain in packs or anything now, since there's a chance one would get an Imperial Seal...

D

DarthFerret

Hmm...I did not know all of that, just knew that it was a "Begginners" set and vowed that I would never buy or put them into my card stock. Probably me just being intolerant again. I see to have this big problem with "kids" trying to play a game that was meant for people that have a higher understanding. I pretty much refuse to play with anyone not old enough to drive themselves to the card shop/restaurant. I have a hard time dealing with the mentality of High Schoolers....(probably my intolerance again) and I hate it when these kids try to argue with everything, or pretend that they are the best thing in magic since the 'tap' symbol.

To me, portal was a representation of a marketing ploy targeting children under the age of 16 to get them into a game that they had no business trying to understand yet. Thus, my boycott on all things Starter!

Killer Joe

I actually used my Portal starter decks to show my Father-In-Law (r.i.p.) what the heck I was doing with demonic cards. Afterwards he chuckled and said he didn't like Chess or any games with stratagy and he never said another negative word about Magic again. :)

D

DarthFerret

That is pretty cool...A long time ago (about 8 years or so) my mother asked me to show her how to play because both myself and my brother (that was my fault too) were playing and collecting cards. I was 22 and my bro had just turned 18. So I built a pretty simple green deck and a simple black deck, and showed her. She too had nothing else to say about the game, but I do not think she enjoyed playing it...lol

N

Nightstalkers

Remember kiddies, some of the cards in portal were reprints or reprinted in other sets.

So that means your portal Natural Order is legal because it also has a nice Visions flavor as well.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Nightstalkers said:
Remember kiddies, some of the cards in portal were reprints or reprinted in other sets.

So that means your portal Natural Order is legal because it also has a nice Visions flavor as well.
Yeah, most cards in Portal that were good were reprints of older cards or were later reprinted. The most famous exception in Portal 1 is a card I already mentioned: Jungle Lion. I think I still have one or two of them. They don't look like much, but green has a hard time finding good 2/* attackers for a single mana...

D

DarthFerret

Hmm. Sounds like a good idea for people to like portal, but if it is all the same to y'all, I still won't buy them. I have a hard enough time trying to get the newest sets, let alone backtracking.