Question about buying...

J

jorael

scourge is very nice set, as is Champions. If you got the cash, do it!

Hmm Cok+ scourge draft.....?!

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm... turns out those $60 packs of 4th edition were really Revised...

The woman's husband was there today and he tried telling me a bull story about how he sells off Homelands like crazy.

I decided to pick up a couple packs of Revised and 3 Alliances... my luck:
Revised:Magical Hack, Millstone, Resurrection

Alliances: Omen of Fire, Lord of Tresserhorn, Nature's blessing, splintering wind

I might be able to use the lord... but the rest I'll most likely throw into my crap binder and see what I can get for them.

I

Istanbul

Can't say I didn't warn you.

BTW, Resurrection isn't a rare. You missed one of your rares.

N

Nightstalkers

Istanbul said:
Can't say I didn't warn you.

BTW, Resurrection isn't a rare. You missed one of your rares.
2 Rev and 3 Alliances packs.

I only mentioned the ones that were mentionable.

M

Mr_Pestilence

I'll buy all the Portal packs they have...do they have a website?

O

orgg

Scanning can't be done on anything but Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, and Fallen Empires. The rest are unscoutable.

Ask her if she'll go down to a buck fifty on Portal One, will you?

N

Nightstalkers

orgg said:
Scanning can't be done on anything but Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, and Fallen Empires. The rest are unscoutable.

Ask her if she'll go down to a buck fifty on Portal One, will you?
Well... the whole scanning thing... I can't seem to do it. I'm trying... but... I can't seem to get it to work.

O

orgg

I'm trying for Portal sets... It's hard to get the last few crap rares, as most people threw their Portal stuff away.

Nightstalkers-- try turning the pack around when you scan. It can be done, and was done commonly. Sometimes it can be hard, though, and you sometimes have to nudge cards out of the way to see the rare/uncommon. If she's letting YOU do this and people know about the shop...
...I doubt there's anything at all good left.

N

Nightstalkers

Yeah... I'll try... One worry for me is not to simply push the cards out of the pack. The stamping on these packs are really frail.

I

Istanbul

Also, there are these cards called Armageddon and Wrath of God, I hear they're good.