Predictions?

G

garfobo

Any1 have any ideas on who will win the great invasion set out by Phyrexia, that will be told in Invasion? I think Dominaria will survive through killing Yawgmoth and Gerrard somehow becoming a planeswalker and saving every1. I think Urza dies too. Anyway, gimme your input

C

Cateran Overlord

Hmm. I'm thinking it will turn out like this:

1. Yawgmoth will die finally, and we can drop the Phyrexians already. Go to more Caterans and other original evil guys. The Phyrexian abominations are satisfying to kill, but they've gotten old. Enough with the whole techno-magic stuff. No more cyborgish things!

2. Phyrexia will collapse as Yawgmoth will be gone. It is already going to collapse, Yawgmoth is merely delaying it.

3. At least one member of the Weatherlight's main crew will die. That means Tahngarth, Gerrard, Hanna, Orim, Sisay, or Squee (NO! Not Squee!) will die. Rayne died fairly stupidly (I mean come on, they killed her off for little to no good reason I think, only to get Barrin massively angry at the Phyrexians/Keldons/Greel) I predict it's not going to be Gerrard, but someone sacrificing themself to save Gerrard.

4. Crovax, Ertai, or Greven will die in Planeshift (expansion #2), to show that the good guys are starting to win and to pave the way for Yawgmoth's death in Apocalypse.

5. Someone huge on the Dominarian side will die in Invasion. I have no guess as to who just yet (Urza is not very likely I'm thinking)

Anyway, these are just some guesses based on what usually happens. Anyone else have any guesses?

G

garfobo

All those are great ideas Multani, but I think #3 is off. Someone already sacrificed themselves for Gerrard, Mirri. So i dont think thatll happen again, but i think u are right, some1s gonna die from the crew.

A

Apollo

Multani never posted on this thread, Garfobo. Methinks thou art a bit confused.

G

garfobo

Woops sorry, i meant Cateran Overlord, whoo I feel blonde all of a sudden!

P

Planeswalker

I think that we are up for some big changes with the Invasion Cycle. Hopefully, it will bring along some closure to the whole Urza-Phyrexian thing so that we can move on. Maybe Wizards will tell the story of other planes and their great heroes and deed, places that I have been to before but am unable to describe at the moment. And they better make some decent gold cards too!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Phyrexia will never fall. We will take your "savior" urza and destroy him and his resistance. We will reclaim what is rightfuly ours, and the Dominarians will bow befor our great power. Sorry, had to do that its in my blood/oil.

But honestly that Gerrard fellow scares the great one. We feel more power from him than both those who cause the ice age put togather. He is the only wild card in this invasion. Should he realize his true purpose the whole invasion will be over in a second.

As for the death of a crewmen, I have this to say. Tahngarth NO!(already went through his suffering), Gerrard NO! (Key to stoping the Invasion), Hanna NO!(To close to Gerrard), Orim Probably no(?maybe?), Sisay NO!(Why), or Squee NO!(Not worth killing).

G

garfobo

Pie Eater, I think Hanna will die because she is close to Gerrard, and shutup with the whole 'im a phyrexian, ohhh look at me, im special' gag. It aint working!

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Dude, just because your fleshy race isn't as good as mine doesn't mean you should be mad. I mean you'll be plenty happy once we mechanize you, and bring you to perfection. but until then chill. and also hanna won't die.

F

Fire Slinger

Has anybody notice how similar Urza and Yawgmoth are to each other? Both are Planeswalkers, Both are from Dominiara, Both have planes that they control. Yawgmoth has Phyrexia and Urza has Dominiara.

M

mogg bomber

I'll agree that Yawgmoth and Urza are similar, but Yawgmoth is not a planeswalker.

F

Fire Slinger

Yawgmoth is a planeswalker. Have you read The Thran? In that book he captures a planeswalker and takes the part of her take made her a planeswalker and grafted it to himself.

C

Cateran Overlord

Yawgmoth was searching for the organ, but he had yet to succeed. He is not a planeswalker when he is in Phyrexia technically, he merely has the powers of one. If he leaves, he goes back to being a doctor (how ironic) :)

G

garfobo

Overlord, Hoozah and Kudos!! He is totally right! Yawgmoth never implanted the organ in himself!

A

arhar

I feel that if good guys will win and destroy Phyrexia in Invasion it would..... be boring. How about ....

Phyrexians win and dominate Dominaria? (sorry)

That would provide so many interesting storylines!

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok, I seroulsy doubt phyrexians say DUDE! :)Anyway, I just hope that they move ON!!!!!!gar

T

terzarima

I think Yawgmoth Will somehow escape and build up his forces once again

S

SwingMage

Whatever happens, I hope we get a bunch of new characters, since there are only a few that are cool now. (judging by the cards, not the books. I have only read one and it was horrible).