Political Satire......sorta

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Blame the media for prematurely attributing Florida to Bush (and even before that, to Gore). I think this shows Gore had class to concede the race when he thought Bush had won. He was going by the same reports everyone else was going on... it's not like he had insider info.

B

Baskil

Originally posted by Almindhra
Hey everyone...This is how great of a man Gore is...Boy, I sure wish he were President...
How wishy-washy can you be?...He obviously doesn't have an kahunais...
Hey everyone...This is how the voters of the US think...Boy, I sure wish I was living in an Aristocratic State...
How fickle can you be...You obviously don't look at the big picture...

A

Apollo

Hey, Ally, he was going by the same dumb media reports we all were. Everyone of us (that were awake) thought Bush had won it too, because the media screwed up. Like Spidey said, it shows Gore has the class to politely concede after losing a close election rather than pouting.

That said, Bush will still win it and we'll have the first president ever to lose the vote and win the election.

See what great stuff all you foreigners miss?:rolleyes:

L

Landkiller

Hasn't this whole
"lose the popular vote, win the election"
thing happened before

[me] gazes into the mists of time

K

K9Archmage

BUSH AND GORE BOTH SUCK! EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT NADER IS THe BEST!

A

Almindhra

Ok, so tell me Baskil, is that not to mean anything?...The media, and what it presents to us, is not the official word on everything...Most of it is exit polling...And obviously this was going to be a close race...Why would you listen to what the media stations say, when you know they just messed up earlier in the night?...Wouldn't you want any officiality with this whole Florida thing, if it was that close?

And whats this Aristocratic State?...Are you talking about NY? or just my state of being?...

And there were 4 other cases (I think, I'm not about to look it up) where a candidate won the pop vote but not the electoral vote...

C

Cateran Emperor

No, this is not the first time a president has been elected despite losing the popular vote. This would be the third time.

Killer Joe

Ally: Why do you keep bringing up Clinton? I have a distinct feeling that there is something more to your disliking of Clinton than we know. Gore was running for President, not Bill Clinton.
Heck, If I were allowed to make such associations, I'd say every frickin' Republican was really Newt Gingrige (sp?) :)
Now THAT, was a fool.

A

Almindhra

Because hes a Democrat everyone knows and loves, right?...And if you're going to be talking about how you don't want a President in there who smiles and cradles babies, then what do you think Clinton is?...That was his whole campaign!...And he was copying what Reagan did...Putting that good, American feeling right into the voters hearts...And guess what?...2 terms later, it both worked for them...

And Gore didn't want Clinton near him anyways...Isn't that funny?...When did you ever see Clinton endorsing Gore?...

And no, not every Republican is the same...I thinkboth Bush and Gore are moderates anyways...And Clinton was conservative is anything else...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, this is not the first time a president has been elected despite losing the popular vote. This would be the third time.
if you're talking about the presidency as a whole, I believe the last was in 1888. But if you're just talking about individual states and their popular vote vs electoral vote, I'm sure it's happened more recently (the only report that sticks in my mind is when Ford was elected).

N

nodnarb24

Almindhra:
If memory serves me right...
Aristocratic State-A state of government in which the upper-class rule.

Z

Zhaneel

I have a new theory...

Whoever wins this election will have an incredibly hard time with such a split congress/senate/etc., will most likely not have a second term, and the opposite party will probably win the next election. If Bush wins this election, then he can't do much with everything else split, and we get him over with. Then Hillary Clinton runs for the next term, wins, and boom- we have our first woman president!

Z

Zhaneel

:D That's provided everything goes right, of course

Hey, your sig is by TR- we were watching a documentary on him, and we heard that quote

A

Almindhra

Bush has been shown to work well with other parties...One of his higher-ups under his administration as Governor is a Democrat!...What other person out there is doing that?...

And Hillary!...Ahhh!...I'm a voter in NYS, and I am pretty PO'd at how stupid people are...Here she comes, someone who, as far as I know, has never held political office...She is supposed to represent feminazism, when she rode on her husband's name to enter into politics...And she is surrounded by corruption!...Does anyone remember that lawyer who supposedly blew his brains out?...Whitewater?...Hello?...Has everyone forgotten about all that...Of course they have, because the economy is so great, la la la...Does anyone drive here?...Tell me about gas prices...Stock market?...Yeah, things are starting to go downward, and this election is the only thing keeping the idiots out there preoccupied...But anyways, this was about Hillary...And if you're going to tell me she didn't get by on the Clinton name, then you tell me why she was here in my home town holding a fundraising banquet with the ol' Willy here...And I can't stand her anyways, partly because shes a jackass, partly because shes a feminazi...

But I know shes going to run in 2004...And I will probably join the campaign trail against her...

[Edited by Almindhra on 11-11-00 at 09:34 AM]

Killer Joe

Of course he will! He's going to be up to his neck in Democrats, who'll make his life a miserable hell like the Republicans did for Kennedy, Carter & Clinton. Gas Prices? If it's Clinton doings, then he is THEE greatest and most powerful person on Earth. I hardly believe that ONE MAN could do that. You must think highly of him to indicate this great power. I knew there was Democrat deep down inside of you, :)
Hillary? Good thing you didn't start saying how she's not a New Yorker, because Jebadiah Bush, George Bush and Geo. H. aren't from the places that they have goverened either.
And, really, let go of Clinton, he's history and people are either going to remember him well or not.
Look at Ronnie, he was a Union Buster and sold out our country in an arms deal. (to use your phrase) HELLO!!! Did everbody forget that or did everybody miss school or work that year(s)? And people still speak well of him, well, not many, but Rush does.
Watergate? I'll buy your suicide story if you can even tell me what 'Watergate' is, AHHH! Don't look it up, just tell me now.
Last thought, before I ask ED SULLIVAN to close this pathetic SPAM thread, I actually forgot this morning when I woke up that we the prez race is still on, It's just soooooo, last weekish :)