Political Satire......sorta

N

nodnarb24

Landkiller: Gore didn't invent the internet, he coined the phrase "information Super Highway".
The internet was invented way back in the 40's.

1. Bush

2. Bush. I think they are both idiots but Bush is less of an idiot.

Z

Zhaneel

Originally posted by arachiron
He at least can manage the office and won't make us the laughing stock of the world. (who can laugh with him in the room?)

lol! :D too true, too true...

all in all, I think Gore would be best, though if not him, Nader... NOT BUSH!

wow, political discussions... when will i be rid of them? eh, it is fun on occaision...

speaking of politics, anyone here into 'West Wing'? I love that show!

L

Landkiller

Oh, well. I knew he didn't invent it, although I have no idea who did. But didn't Gore claim to invent the Internet, though? Doesn't that let me make fun of him?

A

Apollo

I think they are both idiots but Bush is less of an idiot.
LOL!!! That's a good one, Nodnarb. The guy can't even talk! A better statement for a Bush supporter would be, "I think they are both idiots, but Bush knows what his priorities is.":)

Anyway, they are both screwballs. Vote Dave Barry!

Come on, YJ, tell us the trick before we all forget this was a joke!

Killer Joe

It's more like 'trickery' in how the questions are posed. The first one gets you thinking about how these two men really are as people, Gore is boring, on the other hand, Bush is packaged with the hope that people would like him as a person, I know I DO. So I phrased the question so that the likely choice would be BUSH. I would like to sit down and have a beer with BUSH, just shootin' the breeze.
However, I phrased the second question so that one couldn't really fathom the thought that a person whom they could sit down and have a beer with, would not, could not, should not, be the same person who you'd want to be the leader of the free world. So Gore, would be the likely choice.

I just think that each party could justify their opionons of each other and not be too far from the truth. But when it comes right down to it, who would be a better choice of piloting this country; a person who's never done it before or a person who's been right there learning the ropes the past 8 years.
Vote for Bush because you truely deep down inside believe that he is the best man for the job, not because you hate Gore/Clinton.

BTW, you knooooooow, if only Newt were still around, this thing would have been decieded already :)

A

Almindhra

Whoa...The Polish Taco is going for Bush?...

( I'm scared )...

Killer Joe

Either I didn't make myself clear or you weren't paying attention. I said I like Bush, but I sure as hell don't want him to ruin our country, I meant 'run' our country.

Killer Joe

I heard on the news Thursday that an e-mail is going around stating that due to a highly anticipated voter turnout, Republicans are to vote on Tuesday and Democrats on Wednesday, LOL!
Yeah, there's integrity for ya! :)

A

Apollo

Lol!

I just heard a quote from Bush on the radio, talking about Gore:

"What does he think Social Security is, a government program?
:)

Killer Joe

Joe Leiberman said in Latrobe, PA this morning the this election is like driving a car; if you want to go in reverse put it in "R" and if you want to go forward put it in "D"

M

mogg bomber

Well, this is interesting. Let me just say the only thing I really care about is that Bush does not win and get the chance to ruin this country. He is completely stupid(how you someone like this could make it all the way up to being a major presidential candidate is beyond me :confused: ) and even if he was competant, I don't agree with his ideas. Why use up America's oil reserves? Why build up the military again? And the only way you could even think of voting for Bush is if you ignored his past as governer of Texas(far too much to mention here, but the biggest things arachiron covered pretty well in his posts) The reason to vote for Gore is not only because he knows how to run the country, but even more so because Bush is not capable of running Texas correctly, let alone the entire country(And Nader can't win, it just won't happen. Not that I'd mind if he did, but it makes more sense to vote for Gore to stop Bush from winning).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
nodnarb: The Internet came into being in the 60's, I believe. In the 40's the computer was just being invented, let alone connected to other computers.

A

Apollo

My government class put on a school-wide mock election friday. Bush won in a landslide; he had 600 votes, Gore had 315, Nader had 275, and Harry Brown had 40-ish, and various others had a total of 31.

As you can see, the liberals were very divided, so that neither Gore nor Nader were anywhere close to Bush. I'm frightened that the same thing will happen tomorrow.

We do live in a fairly wealthy, mostly white, conservative suburb, so that would explain part of Bush's victory.

And of course, all of Harry Brown's votes were teenagers saying "Hey, dude, he's the one that wants to let us smoke pot!":)

Z

Zhaneel

your area sounds similar to mine.

We had a mock presidential debate featuring Buchanan, Bush, Gore, and Nader. They all did horribly except Nader, and that's because she didn't talk much. The guy who was Gore smirked and interrupted, and my friends don't think he was trying to immitate him. ;)

Killer Joe

Young adults (25 and under), tend to think more socially and emotionally than the '25 and over' group. That's why choice of music is rebelious at a younger age. I look back on my teen years and think, "How did I ever like 'Ziggy Stardust'? I mean, what was I thinking. I know Spidey will agree, I mean, what was he thinking during his Barry Manilow years? (j/k :))Well, I was thinking young and passionately, like most young folks do, and that's okay. Mostly.
George W. is more popular with kids because he doesn't appear to have an aire of authority about him, he's friendly, has a nice smile, he's young at heart, etc...
I like GW, but I sure as hell don't want some 'nice guy' standing at the helm of the USS America, with only six years of being captian on any ship, large or small.
Bush won in our school, too, where the word "Liberal" is a dirty word.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have you know the only Barry Manilow song I know is 'Copacabana' and that's only because it's a popular song at social functions. :D

I actually don't think I listened to anything rebellious. The only stuff I can think of is related to heavy/hard rock and that would be Poison and Aerosmith, but the lyrics aren't that rebellious (from what I understand of them). And I know my parents actually liked what I listened to, unlike my brother who was more into guitar screeching music (I don't know if the lyrics were "rebellious" but unintelligible "music" is just bad :))

Yay for the Buggles and Cars and Go-Go and Bangles and Dixie and the Midnight Runners and J. Geils Band and Huey Lewis and Billy Idol (ooo, he might qualify) and...

:)

A

Almindhra

Ok, so going with what YJ has said, lets look back...

Does anyone here think that Clinton was a good president?...Did you know he was elected on ads that had soft music and shots of him shaking people's hands, kissing babies, smiling, and nothing that was in those commercials had anything to do with a being a real president...But he was elected...And people think he did a good job...( but we all know that was from the Republican Congress )...

And about Georgy being some guy all about smiles...In the primaries I was thinking, oo, hes a feisty one...I can see a temperment there...And Gore?...Hes just a blockhead...

And lets face it, Bush won 2/3 of those debates...Hahahaha....Gore made himself look like a fool...I loved it...

Oh, and another thing...About being all smiles and personality, which we all know Gore can't be...Does anyone remember the kiss he gave his wife? at wherever that was...He wanted to seem more human, so he engulfs his wife onstage...Whats that, YJ?...

Z

Zhaneel

I personally think Bush will not help the country. I may be proved wrong, but I find that very unlikely.

At our school Gore won by a landslide, almost 500 votes. Bush got 191, Nader 70 some, and Buchanan 4.