Oversoul vs. BigBlue: HIGHLANDER Casual Decks Collide

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I just created a spreadsheet that shuffles and draws cards for me and I then place them in the appropriate zone(hand, play GY, RFG) on the "Game" sheet.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
Alright, whoa... I'm wondering how you disenchanted the Embrace with only your 1 mana untapped?

Then, where did the second plains come in? Did you get a time walk in there to untap etc, or did I completely miss something... U used your 3 mana to play Fireball on my Hippo - leaving you only 1 mana. Then did you use your Foundry & Glaciers to get a plains? I realize you would still get to disenchant etc, but not all this at once... you shouldn't have enough mana to do anything right now - and if the glaciers is in play - then the strip mine didn't come into play as you played it.
The second Plains has been there since page 3 of this thread. I have no idea how I've missed showing it on the board all this time. :eek:

Spiderman said:
No, Apprentice doesn't keep the library status but random is random... I do it in my games, switching between Limited and Mooseman... I just keep track of the cards I've drawn or looked at like with Diabolic Visions to keep everything in sync.
Yeah, I do the same thing. I do try to keep the window open for as long as I can though, and wait to close it until some point when the library would be shuffled anyway--when possible.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I see where the problem is. On Oversoul's post and play on 4/17, 7:17 PM EST, he Thawing Glacier-ed in a second Plains but didn't note it on the board.

However, on his post/play on 4/11 at 5:41 PM EST, he Thawing Glacier-ed in a second Mt and never replayed the Thawing Glaciers again in any subsequent turns. And on that play, he similarly forgot to note the second Mt and take out the Thawing Glaciers (which is why there was confusion about his second Mt later).

So I don't know what you guys want to do. Technically, even though the board is somewhat messy, Oversoul had roughly two turns in between the 4/11 and 4/17 post where all he did was draw, so he could have played the Thawing Glaciers somewhere then.

I think it would only matter if BB was expecting the Disenchant and was prepared to do something in response or cast the Embrace expecting that Oversoul couldn't Disenchant it. Otherwise, the game is correct as it stands now and should continue.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I think it would only matter if BB was expecting the Disenchant and was prepared to do something in response or cast the Embrace expecting that Oversoul couldn't Disenchant it. Otherwise, the game is correct as it stands now and should continue.
And I'm sorry anyway. I was puzzled by the missing second Mountain earlier and assumed that there was no other problem with my board until yesterday. If I'd actually been paying attention, I'd have taken notice earlier.

B

BigBlue

Well, if you would have had things out had you kept the board clean then I guess I'm alright with keeping things as is - but please keep your board clean... I may not be so gracious next time. I don't have time to keep track of your side plus my side. I try to clean up links and such...

So, post the board as is

B

BigBlue

So, this is the accurate board? no other missing lands or anything I should know about?

Untap, Draw, Done.

Life: 10
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 38
In Play:
- (U) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry
- (T, T) Plains
- (T, T) Mountain x2
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk
- (U) Mogg Fanatic (1/1; Sacrifice ~this to deal 1 pt to target creature or player)
- (U) Rukh Egg (0/3; When ~this goes into a GY from play, put a 4/4 Bird Token with flying into play)
- (S) Thran War Machine (4/5; echo, attacks each turn if able)

Graveyard: Strip Mine, Disenchant, Fireball, Isamaru, Umezawa's Jitte, Lightning Bolt, Incinerate
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 3
Cards in Library: 41
In Play:
{UUU} Forest x3
{UUU} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

(U) Silver Myr (1/1; T:U)
(UU) Saproling (1/1) x2

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Regrowth, Mana Leak, Shrieking Drake, Cloud of Faeries, Pygmy Hippo, Yavimaya's Embrace, Faerie Conclave
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Looks good to me.

Alright, EOT I'll Thawing Glaciers in a Mountain. Untap, pay the echo for Thran War Machine and draw. Then I'll play Thawing Glaciers and attack with Thran War Machine. Pass priority...

Cards in Hand: 5
Cards in Library: 36
In Play:
- (T) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry
- (T, T) Plains
- (T, T, U) Mountain x3
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk
- (U) Mogg Fanatic (1/1; Sacrifice ~this to deal 1 pt to target creature or player)
- (U) Rukh Egg (0/3; When ~this goes into a GY from play, put a 4/4 Bird Token with flying into play)
- (T) Thran War Machine (4/5; echo, attacks each turn if able)

Graveyard: Strip Mine, Disenchant, Fireball, Isamaru, Umezawa's Jitte, Lightning Bolt, Incinerate
RFG:

BigBlue

Cards in Library: 41
In Play:
{UUU} Forest x3
{UUU} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

(UU) Saproling (1/1) x2

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Regrowth, Mana Leak, Shrieking Drake, Cloud of Faeries, Pygmy Hippo, Yavimaya's Embrace, Faerie Conclave
RFG:

B

BigBlue

And.... my turn is the same as my last turn.... Untap, draw, done... damn the disk anyways...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not sure if I have your hand size or library size right still...

Untap, draw, Shivan Gorge. Attack with Thran War Machine, pass priority...

Cards in Library: 35
In Play:
- (T) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry
- (T, T) Plains
- (T, T, U) Mountain x3
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

RFG:

BigBlue

Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 40
In Play:
{UUU} Forest x3
{UUU} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

(U) Saproling (1/1)

RFG:

B

BigBlue

(cleaning up your area)

Untap, Draw, Forest, Vine Trellis, Done.

Cards in Library: 35
In Play:
- (U) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry
- (U) Shivan Gorge (T:C; 2R+T:do 1 damage to each opponent)

- (U, U) Plains
- (U, U, U) Mountain x3
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

RFG:

BigBlue

Cards in Library: 39
In Play:
{UUUU} Forest x4
{UUU} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

(S) Vine Trellis (0/4; Defender; T:G)

RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT, activate Shivan Gorge (woo hoo, I damaged you!) and Thawing Glaciers in a Plains.

Untap, draw, re-drop Thawing Glaciers, attack with Thran War Machine. Done after that (unless you respond by killing the War Machine or something).

Oversoul

Cards in Hand: 6
Cards in Library: 33
In Play:
- (T) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry

- (U, U, U) Plains x3
- (U, U, U) Mountain x3
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 19
Cards in Library: 39
In Play:
{UUUU} Forest x4
{UUU} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

(S) Vine Trellis (0/4; Defender; T:G)

RFG:

B

BigBlue

Block with the Myr.

Untap, Draw, play Island, Done.

Oversoul

Cards in Library: 33
In Play:
- (T) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry

- (U, U, U) Plains x3
- (U, U, U) Mountain x3
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

RFG:

BigBlue

In Play:
{UUUU} Forest x4
{UUUU} Island x4
{U} Tropical Island x1

(U) Vine Trellis (0/4; Defender; T:G)

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Regrowth, Mana Leak, Shrieking Drake, Cloud of Faeries, Pygmy Hippo, Yavimaya's Embrace, Faerie Conclave, Silver Myr
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, draw, Mountain, Attack with Thran War Machine and once again done unless you have something fancy...

Oversoul

Cards in Library: 32
In Play:
- (T) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry

- (U, U, U) Plains x3
- (U, U, U, U) Mountain x4
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

RFG:

BigBlue

In Play:
{UUUU} Forest x4
{UUUU} Island x4
{U} Tropical Island x1

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Regrowth, Mana Leak, Shrieking Drake, Cloud of Faeries, Pygmy Hippo, Yavimaya's Embrace, Faerie Conclave, Silver Myr
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Not Blocking.

Untap, Draw, Play Gaseous Form on the War Machine, Done after that.

Oversoul

Cards in Library: 32
In Play:
- (U) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry

- (U, U, U) Plains x3
- (U, U, U, U) Mountain x4
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk
- (T) Thran War Machine (4/5; echo, attacks each turn if able) Enchanted with Gaseous Form (Creature neither deals nor receives Combat Damage)

RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 15
Cards in Library: 37
In Play:
{UUUT} Forest x4
{UUTT} Island x4
{U} Tropical Island x1

RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT, activate Shivan Gorge. Untap, draw, tap a Mountain and cast Reckless Abandon targeting your Vine Trellis and sacrificing my War Machine. Responses?

Oversoul

Cards in Library: 31
In Play:
- (U) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry

- (U, U, U) Plains x3
- (T, U, U, U) Mountain x4
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk

Graveyard: Reckless Abandon, Thran War Machine, Strip Mine, Disenchant, Fireball, Isamaru, Umezawa's Jitte, Lightning Bolt, Incinerate
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 14
Cards in Library: 37
In Play:
{UUUT} Forest x4
{UUTT} Island x4
{U} Tropical Island x1

RFG: