Oversoul vs. BigBlue: HIGHLANDER Casual Decks Collide

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac stands and applauds the use of the expensive enchantment that he added to the deck*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Spiderman stands next to him and applauds as it was added to a card Spiderman added to the deck *

B

BigBlue

Takes a bow..... :D For using said enchantment in a way never envisioned by it's developers...

Sort of like what Oversoul had going with the disk/egg combo....

B

BigBlue

But not as much as I'm booing.... I was hoping he'd pop the damn disk already.... This game is becoming a struggle... and I liked it much better as an avalanche.... :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, draw, Strip Mine. Bye bye, Faerie Conclave. If no responses, I'll drop a Thran War Machine and end my turn.

Oversoul

Life: 10
Cards in Hand: 4
Cards in Library: 38
In Play:
- (U) Thawing Glaciers
- (U) Sacred Foundry
- (T, T) Plains
- (T, T) Mountain x2
- (U) Thunderstaff
- (U) Nevinyrral's Disk
- (U) Mogg Fanatic (1/1; Sacrifice ~this to deal 1 pt to target creature or player)
- (U) Rukh Egg (2/5; Trample; When ~this goes into a GY from play, put a 4/4 Bird Token with flying into play)
- (S) Thran War Machine (4/5; echo, attacks each turn if able)

Graveyard: Strip Mine, Disenchant, Fireball, Isamaru, Umezawa's Jitte, Lightning Bolt, Incinerate
RFG:

BigBlue

Life: 20
Cards in Hand: 2
Cards in Library: 42
In Play:
{TTT} Forest x3
{TTT} Island x3
{U} Tropical Island x1

{T} Faerie Conclave (T:U; Pay 1U to turn ~this into a 2/1 Blue creature with Flying until EOT) [dead?]

(T) Silver Myr (1/1; T:U)
(UU) Saproling (1/1) x2

Graveyard: Treetop Village, Regrowth, Mana Leak, Shrieking Drake, Cloud of Faeries, Pygmy Hippo, Yavimaya's Embrace
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Spiderman secretly places a whoopee cushion on Ransac's seat so he'll be "pleasantly surprised" when he sits back down again **

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Before Ransac sits in his seat, he decides to start a loud "fart contest" to prove he can do that louder than Spiderman as well.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
** Spiderman lets Ransac win the contest and then changes his seat so that he's far, far away from him. **

B

BigBlue

Alright, whoa... I'm wondering how you disenchanted the Embrace with only your 1 mana untapped?

Then, where did the second plains come in? Did you get a time walk in there to untap etc, or did I completely miss something... U used your 3 mana to play Fireball on my Hippo - leaving you only 1 mana. Then did you use your Foundry & Glaciers to get a plains? I realize you would still get to disenchant etc, but not all this at once... you shouldn't have enough mana to do anything right now - and if the glaciers is in play - then the strip mine didn't come into play as you played it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac waits with garlic breath. He pops an Altoid.*

There hasn't been that much action since the allegedly incorrect move. Would you (Spiderman) take the move back, or continue play due to no one noticing when it happened.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a hard call. If I was in error, I'd rather take the move back because the game would have been "tainted" at that point and I'd rather try to win the game honestly.

If I was in BB's position, I'd understand taking it back or keep going and try to make the best of a bad situation, since it should have been caught when Oversoul asked for responses. On the other hand, I know how confusing playing a game of Magic on the boards are so it might not have been recognizable right away anyway as opposed to seeing it in real life so...

I guess overall, no matter which side I'd be playing, I'd rather take back the move :)

B

BigBlue

What I expect and agree to would be changing his plays to the following....

Let's say he used his foundry/glaciers to get the 2nd plains - then during his turn, he plays the mine - takes down the conclave - and disenchants the enchantment - but doesn't cast his war machine yet (not enough mana) and his glaciers is still in his hand, not untapped and available as the board has it now - and we can go on from there.... In one turn, it will look the same, but we'll at least be correct....

I don't suspect it was an intentional slight - but an oversight based on the online aspect and he is trying to use apprentice which he admitted he closed and had to reopen... My only question to that is did he then get a shuffle? I didn't think Apprentice kept library status between open/close... But again, I don't really care that much because random is random... though my random seems to be a flood of mana.... :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No, Apprentice doesn't keep the library status but random is random... I do it in my games, switching between Limited and Mooseman... I just keep track of the cards I've drawn or looked at like with Diabolic Visions to keep everything in sync.