Origin of your username

R

reco5151216

Stalkers are not fun....I had to move to get rid of mine.....She called my cell phone recently "Moshi, Moshi?" And she never called again.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Classic questions are threads to be necroed, turgy. We moved them there just to enable more efficient thread necromancy, in order to keep everyone's responses together, on the questions that got asked over and over again. Please don't start new threads in there.

Thanks...:D

L

Limited

Once I noticed that names that involved the word 'unlimited' annoyed me. There was this 'band' (I use the term loosely, for they made 'music' instead of music) Two Unlimited and I can remember thinking: "How full of yourself do you have to be to call yourself unlimited?".

So, I started using the handle Limited.

Also, I like the way the word looks.

(Note: I hadn't even thought of it being a magic format until way later..)

G

Gizmo

I've wanted to change this name for about 4 years. Won't somebody finally do it for me?

Ferret

Staff member
Something like sixteen or seventeen years ago someone told me I acted just like a ferret. I had no idea what one was (outside of seeing a couple in "Beastmaster" (They were actually polecats, but I digress)). Since then I've gone by that name. It suits me :)

-Ferret

"POING!"

Killer Joe

Originally I was "Yellowjacket" which is the mascot of the High School I taught at way back in 1999 through 2004. At some point in time I left these boards (a former student of mine was stalking me, no, not Almindhra) but when I started comming back my password and user name wouldn't work. For a month or two I was "Random Mexican" but then that didn't seem to fit my personality so I went with Killer Joe[/] which is a Benny Golson west coast jazz tune and its one of my favorite tunes! Although Killerbob had his name first it seemed like he wasn't posting as much so I didn't think there would be a coinflict or confusing with our names.

"The Guy From the Other Post" was not me although I think some thought it was, i think it was DUke.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Two Points for Ransac!

*Ransac dances the white boy dance.... and then accidentally dances the pigeon, knocking TomB unconscious.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Almindhra

Killer Joe said:
Originally I was "Yellowjacket" which is the mascot of the High School I taught at way back in 1999 through 2004. At some point in time I left these boards (a former student of mine was stalking me, no, not Almindhra) but when I started comming back my password and user name wouldn't work.
:eek:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
MINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

We are the Nightstalkers... There currently are three of us who frequent this board: Habuki Arcana Kuragari (Me) and Ruroni Wrae Clarks.

Ruroni hasn't been on the boards for a while and even wrote an article I believe. His name is an anagram of his real one. As for my name, I just tossed together words that sounded neat.

EDIT I don't exist. - GR

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Separated out turgy22's origins from the "Not MTGO" thread and merged it here.

Gizmo said:
I've wanted to change this name for about 4 years. Won't somebody finally do it for me?
Dude, just create a new account and tell me what it is and I'll merge your Gizmo account into it.

D

DarthFerret

Well, I guess I could explain my userID. I am probably one of the biggest StarWars junkies you had ever met until these new movies came out and brought a lot of people with a lot more time to waste on it than I do. I started using this name about 9-10 years ago. I was trying to come up with something different, and was tired of using my CB handle (Black Fox), so I was browsing around some chat rooms (I know...I know...) and saw a Darth Hamster on one. At that moment, my pet ferret (Nudge) decided my leg made a good climbing post. Thus Darth Ferret was born.

D

DarthFerret

Did not kill the ferret, however, I had to get rid of him (to my cousin who raises ferrets) because I was moving to a place that did not allow pets. I have had 3 more ferrets since then (not at the same time, first one, then two more) and every time I have had to sell them, or give them to friends because of pet restrictions. I will not be getting another until I have my own home!