Nightstalker's-type news

N

Nightstalkers

Missiles are considered weapons/hazardous materials. Even if the object is "deactivated" it can still hold explosive ordinance in it.

And missile launchers are okay as long as they don't have any weapons or stuff on it... Yeah, I think that's what they said in the Ebay moderator manual.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That was the reason given in the article too, why the launcher and missile had to be separated into different auctions.

T

train

I still do not see how it doesn't constitute a threat - it's not like they will do a background check of the buyer...

N

Nightstalkers

Eh... The ebay thing is twofold: Don't want people to be able to buy weapons from their site (and support terrorism and all that).

And they don't want to blow up some poor mailman or something. they've got enough troubles and don't need to have some nuclear warhead detonating in their truck to add onto them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, yeah, I understand that. But it seems the guy was able to sell the launcher AND the missile separately. If they were concerned as you say, he should have been prevented from selling them period.

T

train

This is extremely awkward... a man... cut off his own...

wow... what a nut...

:D

T

train

Unlawful wounding... hmmm... seems like something that would stand in an American court - with all the emotional stress he was causing her...

Insanity... plead it and be free...

FYI - I plan no trips to England without a cup...