NFL talk

Killer Joe

Detroit's head coach: gone (as expected)
Cleveland's head coach: gone
N.Y.Jet's head coach: gone
And now Denver's head coach Mike Shannahan? POW! Gone.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The only firing that I disagree with was Mangini. In his three years of head coaching, he only had 1 losing season. It's kinda like when Mora Jr. was canned in Atlanta. No decent reason for the firing.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ha Ha
How about an all Pennsylvania Super Bowl..... in Florida....:D

Steelers 24 Ravens 17
Eagles 28 Cards 27

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No more predictions for me. I've only gotten two games right this entire post-season and I don't want to be wrong again.

I'll mention a hope, though. Not a prediction. I'll be glad if any of the remaining teams win the whole thing....... except the Steelers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

or however you spell his name.

Retiring as head football coach of the Colts! Whoa! The NFL is getting a little weird lately...

Yeah, an all PA Super Bowl would be cool but I really would like to the Cardinals make it.

Interesting note about mascots: Three of them are birds and one is a Human. Hmmmm, wonder which mascot is at the top of the food chain? :D

Lessgo STILLERS!!!!!! :)

R

rokapoke

Spiderman;276682 said:
I think it'll be Ravens-Cardinals, but then, that's what my post-season fantasy team looks like :)
That's good, that means that theoretically I can come out on top, since I've already chosen an Eagles-Steelers final...

Not that that's what I want to see (I really don't like the Eagles), but because I could afford to max out my team on the top receivers, RBs, and QBs for this matchup.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Heh, yeah, but that's only if they make it all the way. If the Ravens and/or Cardinals win, then you've lost out.

Same goes for me; I don't think Flacco is a great QB fantasy-wise, but I think the Ravens will beat the Steelers and so want the points to carry on.

Eagles vs Cardinals is a closer call, but I think Warner and his receivers offer more than McNabb and his receivers.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Make your picks and see how you do:
Favorite___ Line Underdog over/under
Philadelphia -3.5 At Arizona 47
At Pittsburgh -6 Baltimore 34

I'll pick
Straightup:
Pittsburgh
Phillie

Vs. the Spread:
Balt +6
Arizona +3

Over/Under
Phillie/Ari under 47
Pitt/Balt over

R

rokapoke

Mooseman;276804 said:
I'd take the Steelers and Eagles, giving the points on both. Under on Philly/AZ, over for Pitt/Balt.

R

rokapoke

Spiderman;276809 said:
I only understand the "straight up" part :(
"Philadelphia -3.5 at Arizona 47"

Philadelphia is favored to win by 3.5 points (so Philly's score minus 3.5 is equal to Arizona's score)...

The combined score for the Eagles and the Cardinals is expected to be 47. You can bet that the total score is over that or under that.

Killer Joe

I'll pick
Straightup:
Pittsburgh
Arizona

Vs. the Spread:
Arizona +3
Pittsburgh +9 (I think)

Over/Under
Pitt/Balt 33 (I'm looking at Pitt 23 - Balt 10)
Phila/Ariz 30

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Vs. the Spread:
Means if you pick Phillie, they have to win by 3.5 points, but Ari can lose by upto 3.5 points and you still win

Over/Under
Will the Pitt/Balt have a total score (add both score together) over or under 34?

Does this help? I didn't so many people didn't know thesec betting terms...

Killer Joe

Yup, it helped! :D

I sorta knew over/under but was never sure about "the spread" :eek:

Of course I still think keeping a "7 - 2" unsuited hand in texas Hold 'em is good! :p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not much of a gambling guy. Just play blackjack, if any, and 5 card draw poker.

All right, straight up:

Ravens
Cardinals

Spread:

Arizona
Baltimore

Over/Under:

Both over

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe;276818 said:
Vs. the Spread:
Arizona +3
Pittsburgh +9 (I think)
If you pick Arizona and Pittsburgh vs the spread, it would be
Arizona +3.5
Pittsburgh -6 (Pittsburgh has to win by more than 6 points, like your Pitt 23 - Balt 10 prediction)

Killer Joe;276818 said:
Over/Under
Pitt/Balt 33 (I'm looking at Pitt 23 - Balt 10)
Phila/Ariz 30
Based on the outcomes you have stated, you think the Pitt/Balt game will produce only 33 total points, that would be under 34 total points
And the Phil/Ariz game has only 30 total points (like 17 to 13 final score), then that total is under 47 total points

Are you starting to understand?

Here is what I have so far:
Code:
[b]Spiderman[/b]:   [B]Spread:[/B] Ari +3.5, Balt +6  [B]Straight:[/B] Ari and Balt  [B]Over/Under:[/B] Over both
[b]Mooseman[/b]:    [B]Spread:[/B] Ari +3.5, Balt +6  [B]Straight:[/B] Phil and Pitt [B]Over/Under:[/B] Over Pitt/Balt Under Phil/Ari 
[b]Killer Joe[/b]:  [B]Spread:[/B] Ari +3.5, Balt +6  [B]Straight:[/B] Ari and Pitt  [B]Over/Under:[/B] Under both 
[b]Rokapoke[/b]:    [B]Spread:[/B] Phil -3.5, Pitt -6 [B]Straight:[/B] Phil and Pitt [B]Over/Under:[/B] Over Pitt/Balt Under Phil/Ari

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
No picking for me. My hopes and dreams keep getting smashed when I predict outcomes.

Ransac, cpa trash man