New online game: Heros of Ardania

T

train

The best thing to do is hire followers, preferably warriors, they usually hit the medusas pretty well... They cause you to split you XP though..., but if they die - they resurrect at the temple of Agrela for only 150 gold. Also, do you have healing potions ready for use in battle???

Though you have a wizard, don't be afraid to buy the fighting staff and get it enchanted - he does use it in battle when necessary...

Mr. Xarvox, have you found the lower sewers and Ratman's kingdom yet... If you hire fighters and rummage around down there you come out with bonus gold and XP...

M

MrXarvox

heh... yeah, I found the ratman's kingdom... been down there a lot with my 2 pet Vargs from the plains. Thaet's how I got to level 5, been going on missions that way since i was a measley 2. Just recently went out to the plains and have been doing well there.
And yeah... of course I have healing potions ready. It would be stupid not to...

T

train

I don't remember if it was cantrip or I had to buy it... I tink it was cantrip - I just gobbled up every spell imaginable... Now I'm working on boosting my Magic resistance.... I've already trained my Wizard how to steal up to 20% - that's kind of neat - but you don't get a lot of XP for it...

M

MrXarvox

yeh, i have bought every spell i could get at the library, and i know if i can't get meteor storm cantrip, i can buy it there...

M

MrXarvox

ok. i like this meteor storm.

You have attacked 6 Giant Rats!

Round 0
Mazzak: Boom goes you.
Mazzak casts Resist Magic. (MGR+35)
Mazzak casts FireShield. (ARM+5,MGR+25)
Mazzak casts FlameShield. (ARM+4,MGR+20)
Round 1
Mazzak casts Meteor Storm.
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 26 damage. (-14 HPs left)
Giant Rat: Squeeeeaak! (dies)
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 28 damage. (-16 HPs left)
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 36 damage. (-24 HPs left)
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 27 damage. (-15 HPs left)
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 30 damage. (-18 HPs left)
Meteor Storm hits Giant Rat for 32 damage. (-20 HPs left)
Round 2
Mazzak: Mwa-ha-ha.

You are Victorious!

You have gained 151 XPs and 150 Gold!

sure they were just giant rats, but all in one round! :D

T

train

What's cool is how the meteor storm continues for more than 1 round - usually 3 and if need be you're casting fireballs those additional rounds!!!

The Wizard with Meteor storm is much to be feared!!!

M

MrXarvox

hehehe... meteor storm doesn't just continue for a set number of rounds. It appears to go on continually until the battle's over, raining flaming death on the enemy until they are dead. That is one incredibly powerful spell.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In the actual game, Meteor Storm does last long past the battle. However, I wonder if it might be unbalancing in this incarnation of it... I should ask Talespinner. :)

Of course, it takes a while to get to 7th level to get the spell, so one could argue that it's the Wizard's just reward...

Remember that Rats have a Magic Resistance of 0 and there are other monsters that have a higher MR (like Medusaes in the Plains...) :)

M

MrXarvox

yeh... I am all too well aware of the magic resisting properties of medusas... they're the only things that have been able to touch me ever since I got the meteor storm.
The one problem I have with the meteor storm is that non-medusa monsters never survive long enough for me to get a decent amount of xp from them.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably not worth worrying about; you get XP for killing the monster and how much damage you do to it, so killing it off with the Storm is the same as killing it with a sword or Fireball or lesser spell.

Are you fighting in the Fairgrounds yet?

T

train

The XP per creature seems to go down per your gain in level...

A rat and ratman used to be some major XP, but at level 12 you get _ick 50 for killing them... It seems that way with all the creatures...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I have a question Spidey.

I'm currently a level 7 elf, I payed the 1k to have the ability to cast spells, my spell casting ability is 1% and I bought both of the level 1 spells. Is there a place where I can raise my spell casting ability in order to have access to more advanced spells? or are these the only spells available to an elf?

T

train

I believe the spells are color-coded...

My wizard has been able to learn everything but the shield of light spell that the paladin is granted when he reaches level 4...

As for other characters, I think they can learn the spells which are not "purple"... My paladins, and warriors are the same way...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Azreal: I don't think you can learn any more spells right now in the beta but they're not restricted to the elf. I'm a dwarf and have learned the same thing.

In the actual computer game, heros other than Wizards are limited to learning Power Shock and Flame Shield (with a INT > 11) so if Talespinner is keeping it the same way, it'd be the same here. However, I believe he said he's thinking about adding new spells so his game could drift from the original.

Playing an elf now is actually "bad", as the reason why you use them in the computer game is that they give a boost to the economy. Since there's no parallel in Talespinner's game, there's really no "advantage" to using them, unfortunately. But again, he may change that in another version.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And level 3, and 4. Found the lower sewers, I have, and I've been gaining lots of xp and gold fighting rust spitters. I've actually managed to build up my equipment to the top of the line stuff (at least, out of what's available).

Too bad everything besides the rust spitters is still whupping my heinie...:(

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

just found fletchers R us bought the best bow they offer and enchanted it to +3:D

T

train

It's hard as h-e-double L to steal from the Fletchers R us shop!!!

My thieves are even up to 20% in stealing and level 8!!!