New online game: Heros of Ardania

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I play another computer game called Majesty a bit regularly and frequent their message boards. One of the users, Talespinner has created a web-based game from it. It's only in beta right now, but you can try it out here. You get a choice of 16 heros with varying abilities and turns are given every hour. I'm Dorgath the Dwarf there (surprise, surprise :) )

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm Dark Seraphim the Elf, I already stole this tastey item from the marketplace:

Ring of Protection
Description:
Increases Dodge, Parry, and Magic Resistance by 10 and Armor by 2.
Usable By: All Classes

Sadly i got caught trying to steal some armor and got -3 turns...but eh.

M

MrXarvox

there needs to be an ENGRISH online rpg thing.

............oh yeah, and i'm gonna try out this majesty thing...

edit: ok. so how exactly does one actually do anything in this game? you can go places and buy stuff but I can't seem to find any controls that allow one to actually perform any actions.

T

train

Ummm, wll, I have money and I'm just waiting for the sites to be accessible to buy armor and a weapon...

My advice to everyone in the gambling hall is bet 100 on Blue first thing, then I di blue again, then red, I hit - you may also...

I only hit gold once - that was on try 14...

T

train

Am I reading right? - That Hasbro is involved in this game???

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ty is a Ranger this time. But I think I'm having the same type of problems that train and X seem to be having - the server appears to be no better than the one for the Warrior's game either...:rolleyes:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hasbro is NOT involved in the game. It is just mentioned there because the computer game Majesty was released? produced? by Hasbro and it's just for copyright reasons since Talespinner is using the exact same images and logos of the game.

Second, it is on a "local" or small server, so you do get time out messages, unfortunately. I don't know if he plans to move it or do any analysis on how many players he's getting; I'll ask him. He is doing it in his spare time however, so changes tend to come in big lumps; he doesn't really do a fix here or a fix there (unless it's really game breaking).

Last, to do stuff, explore everything, click on everything available, and talk to everyone... it's beta so you get free revives, so don't be afraid to try stuff out! :)

T

train

I'm enjoying this - I just wish I could buy a sword and some armor...

M

MrXarvox

HAH! I won 1000 gold on Easy Street and then I bought a map and left the city... only to find that there was not a page for the Central Plains, just as there was no page for the marketplaces in town! Wheeeeee!

*waits for the GM to fix these problems with lack of pages*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's pages for both of those places. I think Talespinner said that the web administrator has set some value that's preventing the pages from coming up because they're being accessed too much. He's going to talk to him about it.

I haven't been able to get on all day... :(

M

MrXarvox

same thing, really.
page doesn't exist, or cannot be accessed... exact same thing to I, the player...

I want my pages! waaaah!

T

train

There's a cool interactive "Site under Construction" page up now...

J

Jigglypuff

I actually enjoyed looking at the construction page, even though I probably can't play the game.

(- Steve -)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And I finally got to go to the Marketplace. I didn't have much money though, so I only bought one Healing potion. Then I went to the Blacksmith and bought some cheap armor (all I could afford, since I wasted most of my cash at the gambling thing) before doing a little exploring around in the sewers. So far I've been killed 3 times (by ratmen, and giant rats), and found a grand total of 13 gold pieces.

More to follow...

M

MrXarvox

defeating sets of 1 giant rat and 1 ratman at a time whenever the ratman fails to hit me for 3 rounds, I have leveled up once and got some nice spells. I also bought that ring of protection that Azreal was talking about. This game is cooler than Warriors and is free. Long Live Heroes of Ardania!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I've stolen A yew longbow(the best bow they offer me) and some banded mail(second best armor they offer me). I also stole a fine longbow and sold it back to him. hehe

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to see that you guys are having fun. I don't know if you go into the forums there, but Talespinner said he tightened up his code (VBScript); some of it was taking too long to load that the server allowed.

T

train

There have been quite a few changes to the game, new items, options to train and what not... it's getting really neat to play and see what pops up next!!!

M

MrXarvox

my wizard is now level 5 and capable of messing around out in the plains with little difficulty. Those medusas still whup his arse though... high magic resist and all.