New Message-Board RPG!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* While waiting for Almindhra's reply (if in truth, she does in time to make it relevant ;)), Thradin overhears the captain and Bob *

"Hey, I'll join you if you don't mind. A good drink after this journey will be just the thing to make it perfect."

Killer Joe

Thanks, Cap'n, but I'd rather keep to myself, for now"
<Buzz wishes HE could be more friendly with the Cap'n but doesn't want to risk being rejected, in any way>

R

Rando

To Thradin -
"Fine my stout Dwarven fiend!" says the captain. He takes yet another swig from his flask. "We be making it to dock soon. Go and get ye gear so that we may make with a seedy departure from this tub. Aye!" Captain Hedgeway shambles off to his cabin, whistling a happy drinking tune...

A

Almindhra

Almindhra sat by herself looking out onto the sea...Fate is sometimes funny when your getaway reveals itself at just the perfect time...The people were odd...To say the least...But being distant was probably the best thing to do...

Just then a squatty, ugly looking thing of a dwarf approached her...Scowling at the rodent, Almindhra answered him..."Yes, getting off the ship will be a good thing"...Then a swarm of people gathered and were talking all around them...She had to get away...Swifty and quietly Almindhra wove through the crowd...

[Well, better make it interesting now]

Almindhra decided to test out the new people...They all look half intelligent anyways...She snuck up behind a big lunk of a thing...Overheard his name was Buzz...And tugged at his a**...Just then Buzz turns arounds and sees the ship's Captain walking away....

And Almindhra ran quickly away...Where no ones eyes and ears could know of...

[Edited by Almindhra on September 26th, 2000 at 10:29 PM]

B

Bob

Right.....
Bob slowly removes the captain's arm from his shoulder."Right....You do that."
Bob slowly walks backwards, accidently bumping into Almindhra.
"Get off me, you *******!"
"Sorry, Ma'am..." Bob runs towards the dwarf.
"What's wrong with that halfling?"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Thradin notices Almindhra's scowl when he approached her but just attributed it to a bad day for her.

To the tall stranger that has just run up to him *

"Eh? I have no idea... <whispers conspiratorily> I think she's having a bad day. Maybe seasickness..."

* Whistling a happy tune that the voyage is almost over, he "ducks" belowdeck to grab his gear and await drinking pleasures with the captain and any others who might join in *

R

Rando

To Every one -
The Titan pulls slowly into the harbor. Turning towards the docks, you can all see that there is no movement or sign of life from the city. Not people at any rate, but you all do see a few farm animals and stray cats & dogs walking around. There is an earrie silence as the ship docks, the crashing of the lowered gang plank making most people jump a little. The sailors begin to talk amoung themselves, away from the passengers. They point at the city and shake thier heads.

Captain Hedgeway emerges from his cabin with a filthy nap sack over his shoulder and a small wooden chest tucked under his arm. "Well my fine people. Welcome to Newnlin in the New World! Enjoy your stay, one and all. Remember that I'll be setting sail back home in a fortnight, so don't miss the boat. Ha ha ha harrr."
Captain hedgeway goes over to his sailors and exchanges words. None of you can hear what is said, but you all do notice that neither Johny the look-out or the other 3 sailors wish to go ashore.
"Suit your selves boys." Says the Captain. "It's you that'll be missin' out on a fine time. Arr."

You all disembark from the ship and now stand on the docks of the city. Looking down the deserted streets, this ghost of a town makes all of you more then a little uncomfortable.
It's now official. There is no one here.
The city of Newnlin is vacant.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"What the heck is going on? Where is everyone? Some port town this is! There better be a tavern open..."

* Thradin starts walking down the street/port, looking at the buildings and trying to notice what they look like, any movement, etc *

B

Bob

Bob opens a door with a sign that once probably said "Tavern." But now says " a ern."
Creak!
He finds a broken down room, with pottery shattered on the ground, over turned desks and drawers, and all he finds that remains of the drinks, is a small bottle filled with a bubbly, clear liquid. He puts it in his cloak.
"Hey Cap'n! Why is this city desered?"
Suddenly, a tumble weed hits Thradin in the face.
"Oof!"
Bob hands him some healing powder, as he looks at the broken down city, from the " a ern," to the " c ol h u se", and the "M r et" and the "Sh if ' a n" ending with the " a l"

W

Whimsical

<struggles with her luggage down the gangway and on to the docks> Huff, huff. <kicks luggage> All those gowns are HEAVY! <starts looking around> So where're mah adoring masses out to greet me? Where are the puny natives to bedazzle? Most importantly ... where are the porters?!

B

Bob

Bob soon realizes they are not alone.
He sees an old man, feeding the cows on his farm.
He calmly walks to him and pokes him on the shoulder.
As the old man turns around, Bob says "Why isn't there any-Ahhhhh!"
The old man has 3 eyes, and I nostril.
"Egads!" cries Bob
"Don't-t, be frightneneded, young one." croaks the old man. "Just a de-deforemation....."
"Okay..." says Bob, slowing walking away.
"Dey all was killed!" cries a large, fat Goblin who walks out of the farm.
"Get ta wurk, Slave!" cries the Goblin.
"Slavery?" asks Bob, grabbing his scythe. "Slavery is wrong."
"Well yoo dum humuns slave us Gobblins!"
"I don't." says Bob.
the old man walks up to the goblin.
"Bruggo, my master, is trying to t-tell you that the townspeople were killed by a huge monster! A D-D-Dragon!" say the old man.
"What?" asks Bob.
"Perfect!' cries Kyrani. "Once I slay the dragon, all the worthless peons will worship me, and I shall be famous and exceedingly wealthy!"
"Okay, Mr.Bruggo, we'll be going now."
He walks behind the Goblin, pulls out his "Gooey dagger:)" and stabs Mr. Bruggo in the back, killing him.
He looks at the old man, points to the ship, and says
"Go. You'll be safer there. Your'e free."

R

Rando

To everyone -
Please disregard Bob's post about the condition of the tavern and about the mutant cow farmer.

To Bob -
Please do not make up plot points, characters, descriptions or dialoge for others. That's my job.

M

Major Crime

* I'll be able to join in tomorrow, had problems here at work (lunch time meetings!). Put me done as having worked my passage, still fit as like eating fresh ungutted fish.
Character info in the post list on the other board (General CPA stuff or what ever).

I'll go ashore, unless I've not been payed & or can stay on board over night.

R

Rando

To everyone -
Now is the time for everyone to work together and figure out what is going on. The city is desterted. Poking your heads into a few buildings, you see that nothing is out of place. There is no sign of violence or robbery. There are no bodies to be seen and the houses and stores have not been ransacked. Bob notices a stable next to the docks meant to hold animals for shipping, either to or from the island.

To Bob -
You notice that the gate is open and even latched back so that it will not close on it's own (in case of a wind or something) and that there are several bags of feed split open on the ground. Pigs and chickens and such are enjoying themselves while eating. Whenever the people left this city, they took the time to feed the livestock first.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"What? No wine? No drink? Aaaughh..."

* Thradin stumps off... *

* Note: just how big is this town anyway? Like a couple houses? Or long winding streets-type? Like can we move through this in an hour or will it take several days? *

R

Rando

To Spiderman, in answer to your query -
For a generic "medieval" setting, it is a good sized town, maybe around 5000 people. Most of the buildings are closer to the sea and the docks, thining out as it nears the jungles.

To everyone -
By the way, I forgot to really describe the island.
It is large, about 100 miles across. There is a large grouping of mountains in the center of the island, surounded by dense jungle. Many rivers and streams criss-cross the island, and one large river runs through Newnlin, going out to sea a few hundred yards away from the docks.