Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Orzhov Basilica, returning Swamp to my hand

Done
Oversoul: 40
Hand: 6
Library: 87
Command Zone:

The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card.)

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

(U) Simic Signet (1,T: adds UG to mana pool)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Lonely Sandbar
Exile:

======================================================================

Spiderman: 40
Hand: 7
Library: 89
Command Zone:

Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0; ~ ETB with 5 +1/+ ctrs on it.; 1, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.; 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(T) Orzhov Basilica (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(U) Orzhov Signet (1, T: Add WB to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:

=======================================================================

DarthFerret: 40
Library: 90
Command Zone:

Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Battlefield:
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (T: UR)
(U) Sol Ring (T: add 2 mana)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Turgy22: 40
Command Zone:

Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, you may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Vivid Meadow (Vivid Meadow enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it; T: Add W; T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) [2 Charge counters]

(U) Armillary Sphere (2,T,Sac: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman: 40
Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Goblin Cadets (2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse
Exile:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest Tap everything and put Riku of Two Reflections from my command zone into the battlefield,

Done
Command Zone:

The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card.)

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0; ~ ETB with 5 +1/+ ctrs on it.; 1, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.; 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)

Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(T) Orzhov Basilica (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add WB to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
(T) Sol Ring (T: add 2 mana)
(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, you may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Vivid Meadow (Vivid Meadow enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it; T: Add W; T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) [2 Charge counters]

(U) Armillary Sphere (2,T,Sac: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Goblin Cadets (2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Plains.
Cast Vow of Lightning on Goblin Cadets.
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
(U) Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Hand: 5
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Vow of Lightning (Enchant creature; Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Goblin Cadets (4/3, First Strike; Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.)) ~Enchanted with Vow of Lightning~

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Plains.
Attack Spidey for 4
Guard Gomazoa
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Exile:

Spiderman: 36
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Vow of Lightning (Enchant creature; Enchanted creature gets +2/+2, has first strike, and can't attack you or a planeswalker you control.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 88
Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (1RWU,2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(T) Goblin Cadets (4/3, First Strike; Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.)) ~Enchanted with Vow of Lightning~
(S) Guard Gomazoa (1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to ~. )

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Swamp, Memory Erosion (enchantment that mills you guys for 2 whenever you play a spell), done.

Library: 86
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

(T) Simic Signet (1,T: adds UG to mana pool)
Memory Erosion (Whenever an opponent plays a spell, that player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard)

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (1RWU,2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(T) Goblin Cadets (4/3, First Strike; Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.)) ~Enchanted with Vow of Lightning~
(S) Guard Gomazoa (1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to ~. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up. In response to Mooseman's attack, I'll tap out to pay the Evoke cost for Shriekmaw and target the Cadets.

Responses?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't think evoke can be used to play creatures at instant speed. You'll still need to wait until your turn to do so.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I see. Right. Dang....

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp
Tap out for Shriekmaw, targeting the Cadet
Responses (Memory Erosion is also on the stack)?
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Memory Erosion (Whenever an opponent plays a spell, that player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard)

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

(T) Orzhov Signet (1, T: Add WB to my mana pool)

(S) Shriekmaw (3/2; Fear; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature.; Evoke 1B (I may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If I do, it's sacced when it ETB))

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No response, and erosion goes off first, then when Shriekmaw enters the battlefield, it's ability triggers and you target when it goes on the stack.
I doubt anything will interfere with it though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Right, I mill a Plains and Forest.

Oversoul is the only one with untapped mana (barring acc spells), so I'll wait for him just to make sure.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

(S) Shriekmaw (3/2; Fear; When ~ ETB, destroy target nonblack, nonartifact creature.; Evoke 1B (I may cast this spell for its evoke cost. If I do, it's sacced when it ETB))

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard: Vow of Lightning
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Goblin Cadets
Exile:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, Mountain, done. (how exciting of me!)

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (T: UR)
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1

Graveyard: Vow of Lightning
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sorry about the delay. I "lost" my flash drive that holds my deck info. It was in the pocket of my other pants.

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Boros Signet.
Sac Armillary Sphere, revealing 2 Swamps.
Swamp.
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1
(U) Swamp

(T) Boros Signet (1,T,: Add RW.)

Graveyard: Vow of Lightning, Armillary Sphere

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
turgy22 needs to mill 2 cards for Memory Erosion

Untap, upkeep, draw.
Howling Mine
Mill Chaos Warp and Armillary Sphere
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U,T) Swamp x2
(U) Forest

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 84
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: Vow of Lightning, Armillary Sphere, Swamp, Serra Angel

Exile:

Library: 85
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(U) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Howling Mine (At the beginning of each player's draw step, if Howling Mine is untapped, that player draws an additional card.)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to ~. )

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Goblin Cadets, Chaos Warp, Armillary Sphere
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Right, sorry. Swamp and Serra Angel.

Oversoul, when you take your turn, can you update my graveyard?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Spidey's graveyard should have two lands in it, but just in case I missed something, I'll leave it and let him figure it out...

UUD, Swamp, Grave Pact, done.

Hand: 4
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(U) Forest

Grave Pact (Whenever a creature I control dies, each of my opponents sacrifices a creature)

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(U) Forest
(U) Mountain
Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 84
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1
(T) Plains x1
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: Vow of Lightning, Armillary Sphere, Swamp, Serra Angel

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Plains x1
(U) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

Howling Mine (At the beginning of each player's draw step, if Howling Mine is untapped, that player draws an additional card.)

(U) Guard Gomazoa (1/3, Defender, flying Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt to ~. )

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Goblin Cadets, Chaos Warp, Armillary Sphere
Exile: