New Magic: Commander game?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll see if there's an Apprentice patch but like New Phyrexia, it may be unsupported now since it reached the max cards it can hold/display. Suitcase has the update though.

Whatcha talkin' 'bout, Shabbaman? :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It appears that Apprentice is permanently defunct because it cannot support any more new cards. I tended to save decks over the years on Apprentice and have few decklists stored anywhere else, so I'll probably switch gradually over to Cockatrice, which I'm trying out now and it seems to work well enough (I know there's also Magic Workstation, which I couldn't get to work on my old computer but could also try on this one). Anyway, I copied and pasted a plaintext decklist for Devour for Power and Cockatrice turned it into a deck for me, which is pretty nifty...

Draw, Terramorphic Expanse, done.

Oversoul: 40
Hand: 7
Library: 91
Command Zone:

The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card.)

Battlefield:

(U) Terramorphic Expanse (T, sac: I search my library for a basic land and put it onto the battlefield tapped)

Graveyard:
Exile:

======================================================================

Spiderman: 40
Library: 92
Command Zone:

Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0; ~ ETB with 5 +1/+ ctrs on it.; 1, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.; 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

=======================================================================

DarthFerret: 40
Command Zone:

Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

turgy22: 40
Command Zone:

Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, you may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman: 40
Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Do you see a sealed deck generator in Cockatrice?

I'm going to have to probably type/import my deck into Excel, so will do that tomorrow....

D

DarthFerret

First of a huge thank you to Oversoul for the info on Cockatrice (much better than the excel program I was trying to use with a diminishing ramndomizer). Secondly, Spidey, I looked through Cockatrice pretty thouroughly and did not find anything resembling a sealed deck generator. sorry about that.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Maybe MWS has a sealed-deck generator? Cockatrice seems to still be incomplete, so maybe it will eventually have a sealed deck generator...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DF said:
First of a huge thank you to Oversoul for the info on Cockatrice
Not to diminish Oversoul's contribution :) , but I posted about Cockatrice in the General section after New Phyrexia came out and I was trying to find Apprentice updates. Mooseman tried it out but I didn't know if anything had changed since then.

I have Magic Suitcase and that has a sealed deck/booster generator, I believe... (which MWS is based off of and don't you have to pay for MWS? At least to get the full functionality?)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw 7, keep.

Draw, Swamp, Done
Command Zone:

The Mimeoplasm (0/0; As ~ enters the battlefield, you may exile two creature cards from graveyards. If you do, it enters the battlefield as a copy of one of those cards with a number of additional +1/+1 counters on it equal to the power of the other card.)

Battlefield:

(U) Terramorphic Expanse (T, sac: I search my library for a basic land and put it onto the battlefield tapped)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Ghave, Guru of Spores (0/0; ~ ETB with 5 +1/+ ctrs on it.; 1, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from a creature you control: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.; 1, Sac a creature: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature)

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Riku of Two Reflections (2/2; Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, you may pay UR. If you do, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.; Whenever another nontoken creature ETB under your control, you may pay GU. If you do, put a token that's a copy of that creature onto the battlefield)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Kaalia of the Vast (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ attacks an opponent, you may put an Angel, Demon, or Dragon creature card from your hand onto the battlefield tapped and attacking that opponent)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Zedruu the Greathearted (2/4; At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the number of permanents you own that your opponents control.; RWU: Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control)

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

D

DarthFerret

Draw 7, keep.

Draw, Forest, Sol Ring, Done
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Hand: 6
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
(U) Sol Ring (T: add 2 mana)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Draw 7, keep.

Draw.
Vivid Meadow.
Done.

(Also, I took Mooseman's turn for him since he posted it earlier.) Oversoul is up.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Turgy22: 40
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Vivid Meadow (Vivid Meadow enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it; T: Add W; T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) [2 Charge counters]

Graveyard:
Exile:

Library: 90
Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
At the end of Turgy's turn, I'll activate Terramorphic Expanse to fetch an Island.

UUD, Swamp, Simic Signet, done.

Library: 89
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

(U) Simic Signet (1,T: adds UG to mana pool)

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(U) Swamp

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Vivid Meadow (Vivid Meadow enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it; T: Add W; T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) [2 Charge counters]

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Forest
Orzhov Signet

Done
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

(U) Orzhov Signet (1, T: Add WB to my mana pool)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Forest
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1

Exile:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Izzety Boilerworks (bouncing the Forest back to my hand),

Done
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (T: UR)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1

Exile:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mountain.
Armillary Sphere.
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1

(U) Armillary Sphere (2,T,Sac: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mountain.
Goblin Cadets
Done.

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1

(U) Armillary Sphere (2,T,Sac: Search your library for up to two basic land cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then shuffle your library.)

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Goblin Cadets (2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, Forest, cycle Lonely Sandbar, done.

Library: 87
Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Lonely Sandbar
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Mountain x1

Graveyard:
Exile:

Command Zone:

Battlefield:
(T) Island x1
(T) Mountain x1

(S) Goblin Cadets (2/1, Whenever Goblin Cadets blocks or becomes blocked, target opponent gains control of it. (This removes Goblin Cadets from combat.))

Exile:

D

DarthFerret

Just an FYI...I am flying to Atlanta on Monday for a week, and wont have my deck with me. I will try to get my turn in Monday before I leave after Spidey goes, but then wont be back around until Saturday.