New "Fantasy type" Football Game.

B

BigBlue

Sorry it took so long for an update... it is rather depressing.... for most of us anyways...

The only 2 share prices that matter:

Pittsburgh is offered at $46 a share, there are 5 shares remaining.
Seattle is offered at $45 a share, there are 4 shares remaining.

Scores:

Mooseman (CPA) $316 $93
billsfanintx (TBD) $145 $50
Spiderman (CPA) $19 $10
JasoninMT (TBD) $1 $8
DarthFerret (CPA) -$80 -$45
fezmid (TBD) -$86 -$40
canadian bill (TBD) -$90 -$39
edemup (TBD) -$90 -$33
mead107 (TBD) -$100 -$5
TomB (CPA) -$120 -$92
sfladave1 (TBD) -$133 -$67

I feel fortunate I'm breaking even... but I really bought into Indy vs Chicago and lost my fortune there... I fortunately had 1 share each of Seattle and Pittsburgh... so I will finish at +$1....

You have of course until Next Friday to make any purchases... Next year I'm restructuring the game to make it simpler and easier to sell shares - I will not play myself and will by shares back at market prices... I also am going to remove the limit to the # of shares... I was initially worried everyone would pick the same stocks if I didn't limit them...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I'm no totally sure how this thing works, but I think I can sit on my laurels and winn this......
Blessed is he who is the BUS.........

D

DarthFerret

at least, of all the people in the hole, I am the least in the hole!

A

Apollo

I didn't get those shares of Seahawks I tried to buy earlier in the thread? I should have something like $45 now, right?

At any rate, I want to buy whatever Seattle I can still buy.

B

BigBlue

Apollo.... I Must have missed it, sorry...

There were only 3 shares left, I put you down for them. and I'll edit the scores to reflect them. There are no more shares available of Seattle.

Mooseman (CPA) $319 $93
billsfanintx (TBD) $149 $50
Apollo (CPA) $93 $105
Spiderman (CPA) $21 $10
JasoninMT (TBD) $2 $8
DarthFerret (CPA) -$80 -$45
fezmid (TBD) -$86 -$40
canadian bill (TBD) -$90 -$39
edemup (TBD) -$90 -$33
mead107 (TBD) -$100 -$5
TomB (CPA) -$120 -$92
sfladave1 (TBD) -$133 -$67

As a small footnote to Mooseman.... You need Pittsburgh to win in order to win... a loss by them will pull you down, and propel billsfanintx to a victory...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
As a small footnote to Mooseman.... You need Pittsburgh to win in order to win... a loss by them will pull you down, and propel billsfanintx to a victory...
Well, then I'll just have to ride the Bus to victory...... hehe

A

Apollo

I'm a bit confused by this game. So I have 3 shares of Seattle and nothing else, right? And there are no more Seattle left to buy, so I have no chance to win?

If I drop my Seattle shares and buy those last 5 shares of Pittsburgh, do I have a chance?

B

BigBlue

The way the game was structured up front was flawed.... but, it would not be right to change it mid-game...

There was an initial buy in period where there were unlimited shares... then, I only offered 1/2 a share per player (12 players meant 6 shares)....

If Pitt wins, there's no way to catch up with Mooseman... If Seattle wins... you couldn't catch up with BillsFaninTX... It mostly comes from having been in from the start... they bought shares much cheaper, before they started winning games...

I am devising a new system for next year. I started this game week 3 of the regular season on my Bills Board... It was similar to the playoffs, but different. I think I have the kinks out of it in my mind for next season. I was surprised there wasn't already some sort of "stock* fantasy football game... they have fantasy stock games, and fantasy sports games, but no one had attempted a fantasy stock game. So, I had no rules or experience to draw from.

Next year, I will be simplifying the game somewhat - or at least matching it up more with common sense. You will be able to freely buy and sell stocks. This year I was counting on more players - and figured they'd be trading them to one another, instead they all wanted to just buy/sell them at market prices... Next year the game will go from the 1st week through the playoffs. Also, I don't think I'll bump the dividends so high for the playoffs... I also like the way I found to adjust prices based on stock activity...

So, that is the long answer... the short answer is, you will finish much better than a lot of folks who played from the onset if Seattle wins... If they lose, you'll finish much like the rest of us, either in the hole or close to it...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually there are quite a few sports stock fantasy games on the net. Some of them are free, too. But, they all involve players, not teams. I'll try to find a few for you.
Mostly they have certain days that the stock price is changed and stats are used to award points, some on a daily basis. That's not good for this type of game.
I would limit the number of shares per team and then change the price bases on if they win that week and how many shares are owned, sold and bought.
Allow players to sell and buy on Tuesday and calculate the changes on Wednesday. Demand will drive team value. Then award points per week on team performance: win, lose, points scored-points given up...ect.
This is a lot more work though, or you could let players buy and sell teams to each other on the board so that counter (I love that word) offers can be made.
Or do it your way, which is probably better.

B

BigBlue

That's ok mooseman... I know the player ones... the people who wanted a "stock type game" were looking for one based on teams

Thanks.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Alright, where are the scantily clad women and keys to the cities?

"We.... or I am the champions, my friend........ and we'll.... er... I'll keep on fighting to the end."
Dum dum dum da...........

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Thank you all. The competition was very tough and the officiating was fair......
:D ..... er... I mean my worthy opponents make this win worth something....
Do I get a gold ring or silver cup or used sock for this?

BTW - what were the final scores or would that be too painful to show........