New "Fantasy type" Football Game.

B

BigBlue

I am running this on 2 boards, and because I love my CPA friends just as much as my fellow Buffalo Bills fans... I figured I'd invite you folks to play as well. I ran a similar game for the regular season... But I will include you folks as well for the playoffs.

This is a game to buy and sell shares of NFL stock, with the goal of making the most money....

Whose stock are you buying?

Rules:

Each team has a price set for it - based on their performance over the regular season. You may purchase as many shares as you'd like - we won't be doing "trades" per se like we did in the regular season. Each Player will have $150 to spend on shares.

Anyone may join, whether you played in the regular season or not. You can get into the market with your $150 at any time by sending me a PM. Prices will fluctuate based on teams performances in the Playoffs.

Because we don't have "trading", I will adjust each shares price each weekday based on it's activity - so that shares getting bought will go up in price while those not getting bought will go down.

Because this is the playoffs, and winning is everything... Wild Card games are worth $5 (+5 for win, -5 for loss), Division Games are worth $10, Championship games will be worth $15, and the superbowl will be worth $20 a share.

So, this will obviously get to be all about picking good teams. There will be no selling of shares once bought, but if you have reserves, you may additional shares - once the initial buy period is over, there will be 1/2 share per player available for each team in additional buys.

Other Rules:

No partial shares will be allowed.
All share prices will be whole dollars (I will round up any fractions).
Any money not spent on shares is held in your "reserves".
Reserves do not get interest.
There are no taxes.
There are no capital gains.
Just like Wall Street, the prices I list for teams will be the last traded price. If a teams shares aren't all owned their prices will fluctuate based on performance.
A win by a team generates a dividend/share going to your reserves.
A loss by a team nets a loss/share from your reserves - if you have negative reserves you will have to sell a share of something to pay on Monday.
Dividends and losses are only paid/charged for shares owned prior to the game.

Data Updates:

Each Monday, before opening, I will post what each share last traded for.
Each Monday, I will show how much $ each player has, and their shares owned.

We'll see who has the most money at the end of the playoffs.

Any Questions? PM me your orders for actual shares by Friday.

As I stated, there are initially no limits on shares available - unlike the regular season - next Monday there will only be shares available = 1/2 of the # of players.

Opening Prices:

I based these prices on $10/share + w/l ratio (i.e. Indy was 14-2, so they get +12 and cost $22)

Team - Price

Team Price
Carolina $16
Chicago $16
Cincinnati $16
Denver $20
Indianapolis $22
Jacksonville $18
New England $14
NY Giants $16
Pittsburgh $16
Seattle $20
Tampa Bay $16
Washington $14

Good Luck! I am be offering a $25 prize to the victor.

The address for the bills board is www.twobillsdrive.com (their forums).

B

BigBlue

No.... no actual money.... :D

Sorry if that was confusing...

It is Fantasy....

You get to spend $150 play money on fake stocks who pay fake dividends and have fake losses etc... :)

B

BigBlue

As today's "business day" is over.... here are the prices for Tomorrow.

Team - Price - Shares Owned - Change in Price

Carolina $15 0 -1
Chicago $16 3 0
Cincinnati $17 9 1
Denver $20 4 0
Indianapolis $21 2 -1
Jacksonville $17 0 -1
New England $17 22 3
NY Giants $15 0 -1
Pittsburgh $16 5 0
Seattle $20 7 0
Tampa Bay $15 0 -1
Washington $15 12 1

The change in price is based entirely on orders - heavilly sought after shares like NE are rising quickly, while those not getting any or little action are falling... The formula is consistent and is based on the number of standard deviations off from the average the activity is/was.

D

DarthFerret

Ok BB, It is Monday...we are waiting for our stock reports....<grin>

B

BigBlue

I'm sorry, I posted them at the other site and forgot to here... duh....

OK, Here are the prices that matter (the teams remaining)...

I got a mere 10 players, so there are 5 shares of each team remaining for purchase. Dividends were $5 for each winner and a loss of $5 for each loser... This week they are $10.

Carolina $20
Chicago $16
Denver $20
Indianapolis $22
New England $21
Pittsburgh $21
Seattle $20
Washington $20

Here are the scores - keep in mind some of these players are from a different board... The score is your stock value + your reserves - the initial $150.

Name - (Board) - Score - Reserves

TomB (CPA) $120 $60
fezmid (TBD) $114 $60
Mooseman (TBD) $76 $39
DarthFerret (CPA) $60 $25
edemup (TBD) $60 $42
billsfanintx (TBD) $55 $25
JasoninMT (TBD) $21 $18 (I can't win - this is just for fun)
sfladave1 (TBD) $7 $3
Spiderman (CPA) -$21 -$10
canadian bill (TBD) -$90 -$39

Unlike the Regular Season, I'm not making you bring reserves positive... Negative reserves just means you won't be buying this week. And there is no selling either - some players are done, but if some bizarre fluke happens, we could certainly have all players in the negatives... You may spend your reserves for more shares - again only 5 shares remain of each stock... If I get more players I will add more (1 share per 2 players)

Purchases which were made so far -

5 NE (NE is sold out for the time being)
4 Denver (1 Share remains)
1 Chicago (4 Shares remain)

The other teams each have 5 shares remaining.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I'll spend some of my reserve money on 2 shares of Chicago stock.

Gotta support my Bears...:D

B

BigBlue

The 4 shares of Denver was wrong.... there are still 4 shares of Denver - correction, were 4 shares of Denver, now 3 shares are left...

To clarify... for the playoffs there is no selling off of shares, although I believe if I had it to do over again I would buy them back... but once the guidelines are set, I'm not changing them for this year.

Team - Price - Shares Remaining:

Carolina $20 (5)
Chicago $16 (1)
Denver $20 (3)
Indianapolis $22 (5)
New England $21 (0)
Pittsburgh $21 (5)
Seattle $20 (5)
Washington $20 (5)

This game is a learning process for me... I need to learn to keep it simple...

D

DarthFerret

Purchase 1 more share of Denver

**GO GREEN BAY...oops i think they already went...:(**

D

DarthFerret

Lol Spidey...I think I had shares of both Den and NE....smart huh?

B

BigBlue

Oh how the mighty have fallen.... :D

You risked it all, and if NE had won, you would have looked like a prophet.... but alas, they are gone, and took your score down with them...

If this game was any indication, NE would have beat Wash in the SB... however, that isn't the case, and so, almost 80% of the stocks bought are dead stocks right now.

There are 21 shares owned of the four remaining teams...

Team - Value - (Shares remaining for purchase)

Carolina - $30 - (5)
Denver - $30 - (4)
Pittsburgh - $31 - (5)
Seattle - $30 - (3)

Scores (And they don't look to good for most of us)

Mooseman (CPA) $136 $33
billsfanintx (TBD) $55 $5
DarthFerret (CPA) $40 $15
Spiderman (CPA) -$41 -$20
JasoninMT (TBD) -$59 -$22
edemup (TBD) -$60 -$18
fezmid (TBD) -$86 -$40
canadian bill (TBD) -$90 -$39
TomB (CPA) -$120 -$92
sfladave1 (TBD) -$133 -$67

Most players don't own any more stocks in play.... and only 1 player can afford to buy another share... There are some folks who have a chance at redemption, and certainly Moosman can fall down if his team dies on him... The dividends will be $15 this weekend.

(also, I incorrectly had Mooseman as a TBD member last week.)