New Card Ideas

M

Mordecai

OK, Turtle, here are my responses to your questions.

Serra Priestess--I don't know why I did that...it made sense at the time...but doesn't anymore, really. Maybe a W in the cost would be good?

Pursuit of Ignorance--When Pursuit of Ignorance would come into play, you may sacrifice all enchantments you control. If you do not, put Pursuit of Ignorance into the graveyard rather than into play. Whenever you play an enchantment spell, counter it. (No skipping your draw step to make your opponent skip his/her draw step if you've got Bargain, Necro, or Recycle. That'd be wrong.)

Reparations--2 life might be OK with it...didn't know the name'd been taken...

Stalemate--I think it might be undercosted at 3WW, but I too debated whether 3WW or 4WW would be the correct cost. Maybe the life payment makes up for that 1 mana...?

Foreknowledge of Doom--NO! This is a white card. In fact, there was a very similar white card in Stronghold if you recall...

Durden Matron--well, I just thought it'd be cool to have a 0/10. Tinker with the toughness if you so choose (or make it unable to attack or block?).

Durden Tutor--actually named after "Demonic Goblin Tutor", my nickname for the Goblin Matron.

Also, a White Foundation...

Foundation of Holiness
Enchantment
2WW
All creatures you control gain +1/+2.
When Foundation of Holiness goes to your graveyard from play, you may pay W to return it to your hand.

This looks like its based on the same idea as the Foundation of Rancor. (Where it is Rancor, this is Brilliant Halo)

Mordecai the Destroyer

I

Istanbul

Mirage Isle is WAAAAAAAAY broken.

You mean I can play anything I want, so long as I tap 2U and Mirage Isle to remove all your lands from the game during your upkeep, thus crippling you? COOL! 4 in every deck I have that can pay blue mana!

C

Chaos Turtle

[*]Serra Priestess ... or generic?
[*]Foreknowledge of Doom ... who ever plays Scapegoat? :cool: okay, okay, white it is
[*]Pursuit of Ignorance ... Replenish? :p anyhow, it's broken on its own (without Bargain,etc.) if the controller somehow gets an advantage... it needs something to make the player need to draw cards at some point, or else a life loss maybe?

Gotta run.

Z

Zadok001

I like that cycle idea... :)

However, shouldn't they have some fairly common theme/casting cost? Something along these lines:

(3 or 4 colored mana, 4 if we have ACC)
Foundation of ~name~
Enchantment (legendary? Might be too good if w/ more than one)
ACC?
When ~this~ is put into a graveyard from play, you may pay ~1 colored mana~ and return ~this~ to your hand.
All your creatures gain ~ability~

Does that work?

Blue: Cowardice? All your creatures gain 'U: Return this creature to owner's hand'? Or Curiousity (is that what you were thinking of, FoR?), 'All your creatures gain 'Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, draw a card'? Although that's just Costal Piracy on steroids.

"Just thoughts... Random thoughts, for that matter!"

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD (Are you dead yet Zadok?)

How about making it an Enchant World card?

M

Mordecai

(Revised)Pursuit of Ignorance
Enchantment
3W
When Pursuit of Knowledge would come into play, you may sacrifice all enchantments you control. If you do not, put Pursuit of Knowledge into your graveyard rather than into play.
When an enchantment would come into play, you may sacrifice Pursuit of Ignorance. If you do not, put that enchantment into your graveyard rather than into play.
Skip your draw step: Target player skips his or her next draw step.

HOLY TEXT, BATMAN!

Mordecai the Destroyer

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Hey I have a few ideas of my own

Urza Planeswalker
2WU
Creature-Legandary Planeswalker
3/4
U:Return target creature to owner's hand.
W:Destroy target creature with power 3 or greater.
Tap:WWUU: Gain control of target creature
UUU: Search your library for an artifact card.

"The Phyreaxians will be here soon. The Legacy is complete. Now we wait."
-Urza

Multani's Sanctuary
Legandary Land
Tap: Add GGG to your mana pool
GGGG: Search your deck for a creature card.
3GGG: Multani's Sanctuary becomes a 5/5 creature that cannot be the target of spells or abilities until end of turn. It can still be tapped for mana.

"People say Multani is dead, but he is sleeping in his sanctuary ready to awaken again one day to lead Yamivaya to prosperity."
-Elvish Priest

Multani's Blessing
Instant
1GG
Target creature gains +5/+5, First Strike,
Trample until end of turn. Target creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities.

"The Spirit of Multani will forever live in our warriors."
Elvish General

F

FoundationOfRancor

Zadok I did mean courosity. Sorry. I admit its not very orginal

I

Istanbul

Urza, Planeswalker - Hyper-ultra-mega-broken. Even the same R&Ders that made Morphling and Academy could never make this super-powerful monster. Lessee...4 mana for a 3/4 is already incredible. Add Unsummon at will, stealing a creature each turn, and Tinkering without another artifact in play...hey, it's an auto-win!

Multani's Sanctuary - Also hyper-ultra-mega-broken. Let's see, I can tap this and a forest to search my library for any creature card? Wow, who needs Survival of the Fittest when this powerhouse is in the game? And we can even turn it into a massive, untargetable creature until end of turn!

Multani...how about making some cards that aren't horrendously broken? I would quit Magic instantly if either of these saw print.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Alright Isty, I'll revise my cards.
(4 mana 3/4 is not that good. Rouge Elephant is a 1 mana 3/3.)

My REVISED version:

Urza Planeswalker
4WU
Creature-Legandary Planeswalker
3/4
Tap,UUU: Search your deck for an artifact card, and put it
in to your hand.
Tap,2W: Destroy target creature with power 4 or greater.

"The Phyrexians have assembled in Rath and will be here soon. The Legacy is complete. Now we wait."
-Urza

Multnai's Sanctuary
Legandary Land
Tap: Add GG to your mana pool.
Tap,1GG: Target creature cannot be the target of spells or abilities until end of turn.

"People say Multani is dead, but I saw him sleeping in his sanctuary ready to awaken and lead Yamaviya back to prosperity."
-Elvish Priest

Multani's Blessing
Instant
3GG
Target gains +5/+5 and Trample until end of turn.

"The spirit of Multani will forever in our warriors' hearts."
-Elvish General

Maro Apprentice
2G
Creature-Wizard
1/2
Tap, 3GG, Sacrifice a forest: Target creature gets a +3/+3 counter.

"I try."
- Maro Apprentice

Angry Fires
Instant
R
Angry Fires deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
You may remove 2 lands from the game instead of paying Angry Fires's casting cost.

Mechanic: Legandary Sorcery, Instant, or Interrupt. You Can only have one in your deck.
Urza is still a bit powerful, but Magic is centered around him, OK?

The search ability for Multani's Sanctuary stays. It's not THAT broken, and it's hardly a game winner.
Angry Fires is like the return of Lightning Bolts. I love Lightning Bolts and Angry Fires also has a pitch ability. I think it's perfect.

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

[Edited by Multani on May 5th, 2000 at 06:26 PM]

[Edited by Multani on May 6th, 2000 at 10:32 PM]

[Edited by Multani on May 8th, 2000 at 08:59 PM]

F

FoundationOfRancor

Angry fires = no.
Shock is only 2 dmg and it costs R. No. I would revise it to Cost RR or 2R

G

GreatGoatGuy

Goat Master w w u u b b 21

Creature - Freaky Ass Goat
10 tap : you are legally able to eat anything within 10 feet of the playing area.
25, tap, sac all creatures you control (except Goat master) and remove all creatures in your library, graveyard and hand from the game: All creatures in play become +x/+y counters on Goat Master where x is the creature's power and y is the creatures toughness.
59, tap: you win

"bahh" - GOAT LORD!

I

Istanbul

Urza needs to lose his Tinker ability, and decrease his casting cost by 1. Also, you need to decide if:
A) I get to search my library for an artifact card and put it into my hand, or
B) I get to search my library for an artifact card and put it into play, or
C) I get to search my library for an artifact card, nod, say 'Yep, that's a card, all right' and put it back in my library.

Remove the Sanctuary's search ability, and not untapping during your next untap phase.

Multani's Blessing needs to lose First Strike. WAY off-color for green.

Maro Apprentice needs P/T, and possibly a CC reduction depending on said P/T.

Angry Fires needs to cost 1R.

You're getting closer, but you can't seem to find that middle ground; all the cards you're posting are either broken or neutered.

C

Chaos Turtle

Thanks (again) Istanbul, you're saving me a lot of work. Get these cards fixed up and they're in (except Urza, this time)...I will have to drop the trademarked names, though (sorry).

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Urza is such an important character in Magic.
It seems a pity that he can't be made into a card even though he is powerful.
(sighs)
Guess some insane person at R&D will eventually
make Urza into a card.

-Multani to Urza

C

Captain Caveman

Multani,

I have an idea for Multani's Sanctuary. Its your card idea
so please understand this is just another possiblity.

Multani's Sanctuary
Legendary Land
Tap, add GG to your mana pool.
1GG, choose a creature you control: Until end of turn, that
creature can not be the target of spells or abilities.

The way its worded the second ability could be use more
than once, provided you have the mana. (Well atleast that
was my intent.)

CT,
Here's a few more card ideas.

New card Mech; "Recall"

Recall: If a card with "recall" is in play or in your
graveyard you may pay its casting cost to return it to
your hand. Play this abilitiy only if you could play
a sorcery. (the wording is a little off but I think
you get the idea)

Lightning Efreet
2R
Creature-Efreet (uncommon)
2/1
Flying, Recall
You may play ~this~ any time you could play an instant.

Just a thought!
Caveman

L

linsivvi

All righty, I have a few ideas for cards and mechanics, here they go.....
The new mechanic is called "Gathering". A card will say something like "Artifact 3". That means you can only play of there are 3 or more artifacts in play. Get it? Good. As far as cards go I have some really cool ideas.

Mox Prism
artifact
tap, add one manna of any color to your manna poool.
When you play a basic land, sacrifice Mox Prism

Time Meddler
3UU
3,3 flying
U remove Time meddler from the game, at the begening of your next upkeed, put Time meddler into play under its owners control.

"Who? you say. A better question is When"

Dawn Rider
3BBB
creature
4,1 Flying
When Dawn Rider comes into play destroy all other creatures, they can't be regenerated.

"It's mere glance will seal your doom"

Heavenly Angel
WWWW
creature
Heavenly angel can't be the target of spells or abilities.
When Heaven;y angel is put into the graveyard from play, you may remove it from the game, if you do, the player with the highest life wins.

Desperate Mesures
enchantment
R
RRR,tap, sacrifice desperate mesures, the game is a draw.

"If I can't win, why should anyone else"

Frutatious Valley
Encahntment
G
pay 3 life, add GG to your manna pool
"It can give you whatever you ask....for a price"

Well those are just a few of the cards I am thinking of, make comments about them please, are they too good, are they bad? Tell me

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Heavenly Angel and Desperate Measures are wayyyyyyyy to broken.

Dawn Rider is like a black Wrath of God, and I think it should be B less,

BTW: Recheck your spelling. Mana is not spelled Manna
Power and Toughness is like 3/3 not 3,3.

-Multani to Urza

L

linsivvi

What do you mean by the cards are to "broken". Well anyways, about the dawn rider, think about it, you are dealing them 4 damage a turn until they can get out another creature with flying. I think it should stay as it is. Do you like the other cards though? Time meddler is like a creature with phasing.