my new *edited* Sliver Deck

L

Limited

I'd drop the miscalculation for creature removal/ bounce (StP or Aether burst) and try the Brood Sliver for pete's sake! Yes, at five mana it isn't very fast, but the ability (especially with the Shifting Sliver) is great.
I'd play Quick Sliver instead of the metalic sliver. This way, all artifact removal become dead cards and you can keep mana open for you counterspells.
*bonus: my own sliver deck*
2x Mistform Sliver (vs Zombie decks ;) )
3x Shifting Sliver
3x Synapse Sliver
4x Winged Sliver

2x Brood Sliver
2x Horned Sliver
4x Muscle Sliver
4x Quick Sliver

3x Cryptic Gateway
2x Weird Harvest

3x Forbid
4x Naturalize

4x Tropical Island
10x Forest
10x Island

B

brooding_sliver

Ya, but my play group isnt big on artifact removal. I like metalic sliver any way he can be out by the first turn and if not when u have hte set they swarm...lol

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I know I already mentioned it once before, but Lotus Petal is nice for mana acceleration. It allows for Muscle Sliver or even Crystalline Sliver as a one-drop, which is a lot better than first turn Metallic Sliver.

B

brooding_sliver

I unfortunately lost access to the Internets for a while and life happened. I still have that sliver deck and Have made changes over the years. Here for everyone's amusement is the final lay of the land.

4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
4 Metallic Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Victual Sliver
4 Winged Sliver

4 Counterspell
4 Mana Leak
3 Mana Tithe
3 Disenchant

3 Adarkar Wastes
3 Brushland
3 Yavimaya Coast
3 Plains
2 Forest
8 Island

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Blast from the past! How has it worked out for you? It seems to light on removal to really fall into the aggro-control "Counter-Sliver" archetype. But maybe the idea is more to go straight beatdown with a few removal spells to keep the opponent from stopping you. It seems like you might not get the weapons you need at the right time, but that's sort of always been a problem for this sort of deck. Also, I think Metallic Sliver is usually crap.

B

brooding_sliver

I agree about being to light on removal, was finally considering plowshares in place of Metallic sliver! Generally, however in play it works well the victual and gemhide make the "pain" easy to swallow.

After taking your advice I think this build is Superior:
4 Crystalline Sliver
4 Gemhide Sliver
4 Muscle Sliver
4 Victual Sliver
4 Winged Sliver

4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Counterspell
4 Mana Leak
3 Mana Tithe
3 Disenchant

4 Adarkar Wastes
4 Yavimaya Coast
4 Brushland
1 Forest
5 Island
4 Plains

B

brooding_sliver

I dislike artifacts. I don't know why, they just seem fragile. Besides What would you cut for Aether Vial?

M

mythosx

As the resident Sliver fetishist....I mean er... Sliverologist, I must weigh in on this deck. Looks strong. How come no sinew sliver? I would pitch the artifact slivers for sinew slivers. More beef for just the cost of an additional white. Maybe some one already mentioned it. I didn't have time to go through the posting.

B

brooding_sliver

Thank you, Spiderman -- its good to be back. As far as sinew Sliver goes I already cut the artifact guy to make room for Swords to Plowshares. The only slivers I would even consider cutting at this to make room for sinew is Victual Sliver and Gemhide Sliver and both seem pretty key in my attempt to negate the pain in painlands. unless maybe I cut mana tithes but those are awesome and have saved my bacon on more than one occasion, mythosx.

Maybe when i start work on my mono white sliver deck...muhahaha

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
brooding_sliver;276585 said:
Besides What would you cut for Aether Vial?
You could cut two lands and two mana tithes I think. Vial'd fix your mana as well, it's a great card. Some recent slivers you might want to look into are Harmonic sliver (instead of disenchants!), Virulent sliver and perhaps Opaline sliver. Opaline sliver can be nice if you have something that'd let you target your own slivers. Something like, dunno, Firewake sliver?

B

brooding_sliver

ya, but i like the mana tithe it has saved me on many occasions. Like today I played a guy who tapped out to try and Condescend my muscle sliver... boy was he red when i mana tithed his Condescend.

M

mythosx

I of course play with all slivers...but thats not for everyone. I think my deck is now 366 cards thick now? Harmonic sliver is way better way to go than disenchant. Costs a bit more but you keep getting to disenchant things. Mana tithe? Hor Hor...Force spike. But seriously, I'd rather just play another sliver. If your really concerned about counters you can side board root slivers. But I digress. This is a budget deck after all and it looks strong.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
mythosx;277145 said:
I of course play with all slivers...but thats not for everyone. I think my deck is now 366 cards thick now?
While your deck is certainly memorable, I don't think it's really a model for other sliver decks to follow. Either you're doing the 60-card deck thing or you're building a crazy Mythosx deck with every sliver ever printed.

I just checked and while the card count for your whole deck wasn't revealed in the second tribal game, at one point you said your library had 166 cards. In the third tribal game (labeled 2a in the administration thread), you had a 135-card library with three permanents on the board on your second turn (and your hand size was supposedly 7, but you'd probably forgotten to change it to 6). So your deck was apparently 144 cards. But more slivers have been printed since then, so I'd expect your deck to be bigger if it's been updated...

M

mythosx

You are correct Oversoul. I think I made a mistake with my hand size on the second game cuz I was thinking to myself how come I don't have 7 cards in my hand. It used to be 144 as you said. The size was increased due to timespiral which allowed me to remove all the non sliver artifacts that I had. However, its thickness its a pain in the butt to deal with when I shuffle. And yes I play it regularly at my weekly magic games. It's fun cuz I never get the same opening hand. It's like I'm playing many different decks.

Now the deck is strictly lands, land search spells and slivers. That's it. Nothing else.

M

mythosx

It usually wins 1/2 the time. I think most of them think its shameful to lose to such a huge deck.

The great part of the deck is that I never draw the same starting hand. So sometimes I get great combinations like flying poison or control mill. Sometimes I get 5 colored slivers and no lands. It's a crap shoot. I've done my best to regulate mana but in a large deck like that, outliers become the norm....