Moxradio

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You rock, Gizmo. Way to show the world that CPA members CAN amount to a hill of beans (or more!) in the world of Magic.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

moxradio

Hi, just wanted to let you know that moxradio is now providing FREE and comprehensive audio coverage of the European Grand Prix circuit for Wizards of the Coast. Join us for news, interviews, top strategy, match commentary and great fun as we put top level Magic where it belongs – right between your ears! Join us via www.magicthegathering.com or come direct to www.moxradio.co.uk/premier-events.php and get listening to our outstanding range of features. moxradio is the place to be for everything that’s great about MTG. Download almost six hours of coverage from GP Torino for FREE, then talk about it in our dedicated forum. PLUS listen to our sample monthly show, then join the ever-growing band of mox men round the world.
moxradio.co.uk – Where Everyone Knows Your Game.

G

Gizmo

Just so you know, do you know what two formats were most played by top players and judges when not in the GP?

1. General Legend Highlander
100 card highlander decks, 99 of which are in the deck and 1 is your 'general' who must be a legend and starts the game set aside and you can cast at any time. Your deck has to be built from the colours of your general's casting cost. Usually 4+ players per game.

2. Type IV (aka "The Stack")
About 500 cards in a stack made up of the most ridiculous creatures and spells in Magic (usually expensive/broken), no land, everyone draws from the same stack but keeps seperate graveyards. Just start with 5 cards in hand and you can play 1 spell per turn. Awesome fun, although as Rich found Desertion on Gleemax makes you something of a target for other players... and at 3 in the morning you don't want to have to choose where everything targets anyway because you're too tired. Again, usually more than 4 players.

O

orgg

I thought it was Elder Dragon Legend Highlander? I know that Sheldon Menery and Peter Jahn are quite the fans of the format.

G

Gizmo

Ah, that's sounding familiar! You're not limited to Elder Dragon Legends as your generals though, in this...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Hmm....... I've never heard of those formats...... I must be outta the loop for too long. :rolleyes:

Ransac, cpa trash man