Moxradio

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! THE KNOWLEDGE OF NOT KNOWING WILL KILL US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. The Caps a bit much?

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gizmo

That Fox Mulder's cousin?

Honestly, its soooo cool and you'll all be jealous. But until I get told I can talk about it I'd best not. Just dying of excitement right now.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm jealous all ready. What's the news? What's the news? Are you gonna be a host? Is the entire Coldsnap set finally reveal to be ideas from the Want Ads in card form? Will Rocky and Bulwinkle ever find their way home? Tune in next week on....... oh..... sorry.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

The hosts of Moxradio got scooped up by TCGPlayer Radio and will work for a quality show that's free? One can only hope :rolleyes:

That Brainburst TCGPlayer Radio is actually really good, mesays. And the commercials are friggen funny!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I guess something that requires something close to a non-disclosure deal... but what it might be for this type of thing, I have no idea...

It's still a mystery! :D

G

Gizmo

Well, I cannot go into too much detail but as it's been announced on the latest Moxradio show I guess I outline it.

Moxradio has agreed to become an official partner of WotC and will be providing (among other things) live event coverage from all European Grand Prix... which means yours truly will receive all-expenses-paid trips to Torino, Toulouse, Malmo, and Athens as part of a two-man team providing the coverage - perhaps as part of the Sideboard or perhaps seperate. Moxradio in returned is providing free subscription for 3 months to all UK DCI members, and will work with WotC on a number of other special events and promotions - all in all an exciting time for us all.

There are many other perks that kick in when you are a partner of WotC, but that's the sort of thing I should be quiet about. To be honest the whole coverage thing has me grinning ear-to-ear. Roll it on, and if all goes well roll maybe on PT coverage around the world as well!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, cool deal for you then. But when did you start working for them? As this was your last post back in November:

Gizmo said:
They're all friends of mine doing it, as I still think its a really **** idea that has 1 in 1000 chance of working.
It sounded like you weren't having any to do with it... :)

G

Gizmo

I was drafted into their last show for 'expert' analysis, and then as this deal with WotC was being arranged they chased me to see if I would be available to do it. My role is going to be the strategic analysis, and a host of menial/technical jobs in getting the stuff uploaded from the venue.

Having listened to a few of the Moxradio shows it's something I'm keen to make a contribution to - and with a potential 7,000 new listeners in the UK getting the mixture of laughs and strategy right could be very succesful for us. The content of the show has changed a little from the first few shows that I was disparaging about and I think it's improving all the time - and can continue to do so in the future. We also now have a pretty regular contribution from the editor of Starcity, Craig Stevenson, who is a friend of ours.

At the moment I think the intention is to keep it a UK-oriented show (and Europe to some extent), the challenge will now be to find a mix that appeals to every UK DCI member. I'm still a 'junior partner' but I'm be hoping to bring some casual deckbuilding and basic strategy to the mix as well as tournament/metagame discussion - maybe even using CPA to brainstorm a little on subjects like 'casual combo decks' or 'basic sealed deck skills'.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Congratulations! You should sneak the CPA into your talk. Free publicity rules. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

The gig sounds awesome, Giz! Congrats on going somewhere with Magic after all these years.

You should try and get Craig to do a bit of promotion for the event with the StarCityGames Premium members and get a few more listeners.

N

Notepad

Congrats! Awesome gig to get. And flying around the world is just icing. It'd be awesome to be a gaming reporter!

And btw~ Those TCG Player Radio guys were doing well, but got too busy to do their show. They're basically off the air now. :(

G

Gizmo

So tomorrow I fly out to Torino for the largest magic tournament ever held (Wizards quietly expect 2,000+ players) as they hold their 3-day 'uber-grand prix', and I will be reporting live on it as an official part of the WotC event coverage team! That means free flights, free 4-star hotel, and actually getting paid (in boxes of boosters) to talk about Goblins and Elves. Awesome.

Let's just hope I actually know what I'm talking about in Rav-Limited format as my designated role is to be 'John Madden' and offer up the strategic analysis and prediction. You can follow out progress on www.moxradio.co.uk, but there should also be a big link to us from the Wizards event coverage page for Torino.

2,000 players though. Jesus, the biggest I've been to before was only about 650. Just think, in the space of 5 minutes of frenzied deck-tearing they're going to open 500 new dual lands!
:D

Fingers crossed!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Holy crap, man! Congrats on the great assignment *Ransac states as he plots with jealously*!!!!!

Don't forget to pimp the CPA while you're there. OR, at least, your favorite (read: ONLY) CPA Trash Man ;)

Have fun! Give great reports (I know you will)! I'll make sure to check in on your coverage when they go up.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

DarthFerret

Excellent, do you get to have a pen to mark all over a the image of the playing table with x's and o'x for strategy, and.........<crunch>

**Ransac hits Darthferret over the head with a lead rabbit because this is radio, not television...**

G

Gizmo

That was so ****ing awesome - we ROCK!

I was so nervous starting out the commentary but got better with every show. The whole thing has been an utter blast and I cant wait for Toulouse in 3 weeks time. You guys have absolutely no idea just how much unadulterated FUN these players and judges have at these things - the winning comes second to laughing and joking and catching up with friends. I spent 5 days laughing my arse off at Magic humour. I'll try and write more in a day or two - I literally landed in time to hit bed and go to work tomorrow.

Listen to the coverage though, if you get a chance, I think everyone who hears it has been very positive.