Most Horrible movie adaptation...

N

Nightstalkers

Akira is quite an odd one... You might try looking up the Evangelion TV series. It encorporates a lot of spirituality and all that nonsense... yeah, it gets a little murky if not deep into some psychology

G

Golgari Thallid

>.<

Man, the Mario Bros. Movie was....weird. There's a Wikipedia article that says they're planning to make a Metroid movie....they better not make Samus look like a complete phailure, or I will personally see to it that director never directs again. Muhahahaha.

N

Nightstalkers

Quite frankly, I doubt that they can really deliver on a game movie. Mario Bros. was an interesting movie but they totally warped the Mario story.

But as a precaution: Anything directed by Uwe Boll is either going to be total crap and/or totally different from the game story.

Z

Zigathon

Yeah, not to mention that it will incorporate actual footage of the game in question just so viewers will remember that the movie is based on a video game.

Seriously, I'm willing to bet that if Uwe Boll "directs" a Metroid film it will only be footage of him playing the game for an hour and a half.

N

Nightstalkers

Knowing Uwe Boll, it'll prolly be a terminator ripoff.

G

Golgari Thallid

Wikipedia said:
A live-action movie version of Metroid was reportedly in development by Lion Rock Productions, based around Samus Aran, along with her early battles with the Metroids and the Mother Brain. It was scheduled to be released in theaters around 2006, but either has been cancelled or remains in development hell.
Thats straight from Wikipedia folks. Let's hope it never sees the light of day.

N

Nightstalkers

Like I said... Uwe Boll would prolly make it a terminator ripoff.

Z

Zigathon

I just read somewhere that Eli Roth is directing a film version of Stephen King's Cell. I am really hoping that is a reality as Cabin Fever and Hostel were pretty good.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It was one of the worst adaptations of a book(s). The special effects were very good, but the deviations from the book and the parts that weren't in any of the books were a disaster.
I wonder if any of the people involved with it ever read any of the books?
I did not even see the 3rd movie, since the other two were so horrible. If it wasn't for the SW I, II and III, the LOTR by Hackmaster Jackson would be the worst trilogy in the history of movies.......

Killer Joe

Jackson didn't happen to stumble on the idea and went in blindly to make the films he made libereties, yes, but he made more people than not know about the whole LotR brand.

Basically, no one, and I mean no one, could actually make LotR into a great movie, mini-series, whatnot. Only the books are the way it can LotR be appreciated. Same with The Hobbit.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
Basically, no one, and I mean no one, could actually make LotR into a great movie, mini-series, whatnot. Only the books are the way it can LotR be appreciated. Same with The Hobbit.
BS.
The first movie started well enough, but then he had to rewrite the story to add the love interest...... and from there it went down hill.

BTW - Did anyone else find the skinny hobbits to be about the dumbest thing you ever saw?

L

Limited

I am afraid I must admit that I enjoyed the movie more than I enjoyed the books :eek:

Tolkiens style is just to elaborate for my taste.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he had to add the love interest - the ladies probably would have still seen it for Orlando himself! :)

But I agree, I don't think it could have been made as literal as the books were. Although I have only seen the first...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
But I agree, I don't think it could have been made as literal as the books were. Although I have only seen the first...
Of course not.... even the begining of the first movie wasn't literal, but it did follow the story line, combining some parts in to one (the mushroom fields) and omitting other parts (Tom Bombadill), but to write totally new parts and the most glaring idiocy, was the end of the 2nd movie where the black rider found Frodo........
This is a great story and the Hack Jackson couldn't wtite anything even close, but he tried to and failed......

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
BS.
The first movie started well enough, but then he had to rewrite the story to add the love interest...... and from there it went down hill.

BTW - Did anyone else find the skinny hobbits to be about the dumbest thing you ever saw?
ah-HA! But that's not what you implied at first, you implied that NONE of it was any good.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Killer Joe said:
ah-HA! But that's not what you implied at first, you implied that NONE of it was any good.
Nope. I said that the special effects were good.... thus something was good about it. But not enough to pay money for.