Mirrodin Card Preview

L

Lotus Mox

The only artifact removal in flavor of white is something like Akroma's Vengeance.

White will get things like this however:

Loxodon Mender 5W
Creature - Elephant Cleric
W,T: Regenerate target artifact.
3/3

(from MTGNews.com)

N

Notepad

With the new wave of artifact mana coming back (new Moxes, Lotuses, and Diamonds) plus the "Afinity" mechanic, I think we will see a return to the days of Covetous Dragon-style decks, where land is gonna get romped and nearly forgotten. ;)

Sounds like interesting times ahead...where everyone is out to cast their mana rather than place it one-per-turn.

N

Nightstalkers

Good lord... I'm actually going to be able to make an all Artifact deck without the hinderance of so many factors...

I could cry right now if I were able to.

N

Notepad

All artifacts once again...unfortunately they will all look like barf...

R

Reverend Love

I think it's quite considerate of WoTC actually...now Train and I can use some good artifacts for our Borg decks right?...I can see it now..

I'll set my Borg Mother Ship +5 Laser's to FIRE! AND I'll equip my Loxodon Dilithium Transducer!

T

train

Yes, SeFRo - it can...

He will be assimilated!!!...

His resistance would be Futile!!!...

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

That Vedalken guy looks like blue is still being treated adequately. Type one academy will luuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrve this card.

C

Captain Caveman

This may have already been discussed but It just caught my
eye today. ..........Casual Bomb?

Mox ____?
Artifact (R)
Imprint - When CARDNAME comes into play you may remove a nonland card
in your hand from the game. (The removed card is imprinted on this
artifact.)
: Add one mana of any color shared with the imprinted card to your mana
pool. (Colorless is not a color.)

So, does this produce B/U/G/R/W if you inprint an Atogatog or
Sliver Queen?

N

Notepad

That mox will rock. It is a much better version of Mox Diamond (even though it had the limit, the ability to lose a spell instead of a land is a million times better). With all the affinity and bonus to artifact stuff, this little mox will go a long way towards helping abusive decks get meaner.

Though that new X shatterstorm looks like a great control measure. :D

BTW~ Can't all these Mirrodin threads be combined into one? They seem...redundant...

T

train

yes - it means it would produce all five colors if you removed a cromat or the like...

N

Notepad

Best thing for a sliver deck. They always have tons of gold cards sitting around. :D

It is certainly what I will do: Finally build a five-color sliver deck, with four of those puppies in it. HELL YEAH!!!

A

Apollo

As someone that always liked Enchantresses, that Archmage dude looks both cool and scary. All kinds of mana artifacts, the Archmage, and some other stuff would make for a fun deck... but maybe not to play against. You could be sitting for a while...

Granted, it's not as cool as the Argothian Enchantress was, but it's cool.

I may actually get some of the set (there's a Magic club here I'm thinking of joining, which would get me back into the game).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BTW~ Can't all these Mirrodin threads be combined into one? They seem...redundant...
I would try to combine the ones with like topics, but some have different stuff and it would be better to keep them separate. Like the ones talking about Imprint and Equipment, for example.

T

train

The worldslayer is nice - the artifact land - what's the use in that?...

Now Naturalize is Land Destruction!!!...

D

DÛke

Well, the artifact lands are actually pretty useful. After all, they do count as Artifacts, and as we know, the set is Artifact-friendly. Who knows how many cards revolve around artifacts in one way or another. Besides, the entire block will be Artifact-friendly, meaning we'll receive more cards that can utilize the presence of artifacts. The artifact lands will be huge...very successful.