Mindmaster Weatherlight Chaos: Spidey vs Limited vs Mooseman

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It's not that bad. If I had gotten this pack in a 1-on-1 game, it still would have dominated. Actually having two opponents made it a bit tougher.

L

Limited

Yeah, about that 'dominating' pack..

Spidey and I concede. We both have no more creatures in our hand (my last card is Abjure) and no more removal. So...

Congratulations!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My last card is Blossoming Wreath.

Indeed, congrats and good game to everyone! Should we move onto Visions?

L

Limited

We are going to bid life again? And everybody loses life equal to the bid right?

(what happens in case there is a tie?)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
We are going to bid life again? And everybody loses life equal to the bid right?

(what happens in case there is a tie?)
Flip for it and both lose the same life?
Or we could have a stand starting life for who goes first, second and third.
like:
1st starts at 17 life
2nd starts at 18 life
3rd starts at 20 life

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Nah, the stand starting life doesn't work. Otherwise, everyone would bid a ridiculously huge number of life and only lose 3.

in multiplayer, you lose what you bid. Lets get those PMs, people.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

If the starting life is set, what do we use to bid? I could 20 life to be sure I started first (at 17).
Or do you mean your bid is substracted from that 17? That might be a bit harsh (and still doesn't solve ties).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
If the starting life is set, what do we use to bid? I could 20 life to be sure I started first (at 17).
Or do you mean your bid is substracted from that 17? That might be a bit harsh (and still doesn't solve ties).
No bidding, what use would that be? Have Ransac or someone roll for each of us and that's the order.

If it's just bidding, then ties can be flipped for.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have Spidey's bid! Come on! Let's get them in before I have to leave for school/work/same-thing.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking that for ties, the players still lose the life and THEN have to bid life again. But that was just in response to setting up the Weatherlight game so not sure how practical that actually is.

I say try it once and see how it actually goes :)

L

Limited

Send my bid. Everybody loses life equal to their bid, and Ransac may flip in case of ties. We'll discuss other options before we start Mirage :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
.....I'm a little taken aback by the bids.

Spidey bid 2
Limited bid 0
Mooseman bid 20

Mooseman, you win the bid, but lose 20 life. Spidey and Limited start with 20, with Spidey going first.

Now, Mooseman may have been thinking that we're going by his idea of a set starting life, but I haven't read anything agreeing to it yet (plus, I gave post as to why that's a bad idea).

You guys sort this out.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I'm guessing he wanted to be last, and would have bid no life. So Ransac can determine the order for Moose and myself (and Spidey gets to start).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ransac said:
.....I'm a little taken aback by the bids.

Spidey bid 2
Limited bid 0
Mooseman bid 20

Mooseman, you win the bid, but lose 20 life. Spidey and Limited start with 20, with Spidey going first.

Now, Mooseman may have been thinking that we're going by his idea of a set starting life, but I haven't read anything agreeing to it yet (plus, I gave post as to why that's a bad idea).

You guys sort this out.

Ransac, cpa trash man
I was thinking of starting life total, not how much life to lose...... sorry, I'm new to this bidding thing.
My bid would then be 0. So Limited and I tie..... now what?