Mindmaster Urza's Saga: Spidey vs Rakarth

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Rakarth New Member

No response
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Attack with both
    Responses/blocks?

Spidey:12
    Hand: 5
    In Play:

(U) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T,U) Swamp x2
    (T,U,U) Forest x3

Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)
    Gaea's Embrace (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and has trample. G: Regen enchanted creature)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2) *currently 4/2 and fear from Breach*
    (T) Dark Hatchling (6/6 and trample due to Embraced, flying) *Embraced*

Graveyard: Power Sink, Serra's Hymn, Exhume, Sandbar Merfolk, Breach
    RFG:

Rakarth: 10
    Hand: 6
    In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Swamp *Algaed*
    (T,T) Swamp x2
    (U) Island

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)
    Hermetic Study - Enchanted creature has "T:This creature deals 1 damage to target creature or player"

(U) Disruptive Student(1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1
    (T) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT
    (T) Crazed Skirge (2/2) - Flying, Haste - Enchanted:Hermetic Study

Graveyard: War Dance, Swamp, Rain of Filth, Forest, Island
    Sicken, Wizard Mentor
    RFG:
  3. Rakarth New Member

Block the cayatid with my student
  4. rokapoke Man Among Gods

You forget the Fear, Rakarth. No can do.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yub yub...
  6. Rakarth New Member

woops-a-daisy, ok then i'm done
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You're taking 10 then, so that's game?
  8. Rakarth New Member

I like the format, it's quick and gets you thinking about cards differently.

Anyway, enough diversions :p, I've lost, good game and I'll sort out that deck and play you in constructed now :)

Rakarth
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Cool, good game!

The rest of my hand was:

Rune of Protection: White
    Headlong Rush
    Falter
    Symbiosis
    Slippery Karst
    Smoldering Crater (both useless in this format)

I only had three creatures (4 if you count Catyatid), so I was hoping you didn't have a lot of removal.

Can you concentrate on two games at a time? We can do another Mindmaster... if not, that's fine, Constructed is a go...
  10. Rakarth New Member

Yeh I'd like another Mindmaster game, I wass wondering if we could play Dissension? It's fine if that's a problem because your not familiar with it, we can play something from pre-Kamigawa :)

I can do two games at once....barely :p my girlfriend still ribs me for having to stop talking when I tie my shoelaces:eek: I'm just in the middle of exams which is why I've kept up with the mindmaster and not the constructed.

Rest of my hand was Befoul, Scrap, Catalog, Rune of Protection:Green, Tolarian Winds, Citanul Flute. So I had some draw and artifact removal and another Protective spell. I think maybe I should have used Befoul earlier on the Caryatid? Faffed about too much and then got dead :p

Rakarth
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, you should have used it on him. Then I couldn't have used Symbiosis :)

We can do Dissension. I've played all of the expansions via Mindmaster with other people so I can pick up the cards, plus, with just 15 cards, I don't have to worry too much about interactions :)

Ransac or Mooseman or someone, can you hook us up? Whoever posts here first gets the cookie...
  12. Rakarth New Member

mmmm cookie.....*snaps back to reality, where there are unfortunately no cookies :(*

Ok then Dissension it is :D

Rakarth