Mindmaster Urza's Saga: Spidey vs Rakarth

Discussion in 'Mindmaster Games' started by Spiderman, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Good luck! Heads!

Remember to "reply" by clicking the QUOTE button and removing the quote tags to keep all of the formatting.

Spidey: 20
    Hand: 15
    In Play:

Graveyard:
    RFG:

Rakarth: 20
    In Play:

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  2. Rakarth New Member

Heads it is, first or second?

In Play:

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'll play.

Plains
    Opal Caryatid

Done

Hand: 14
    In Play:

(T) Plains

Opal Caryatid (When Rakarth plays a creature spell, if ~ is an enchantment, ~ becomes a 2/2 Soldier creature)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  4. Rakarth New Member

Forest,
    War Dance,
    Done

In Play:

(T) Plains

Opal Caryatid (When Rakarth plays a creature spell, if ~ is an enchantment, ~ becomes a 2/2 Soldier creature)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
    Sac War Dance: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep

Island
    Sandbar Merfolk

Done

Hand: 13
    In Play:

(U) Plains
    (T) Island

(S) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
    Sac War Dance: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  6. Rakarth New Member

Untap
    Upkeep - 1 counter on War Dance
    Plains
    Play:Rune of Protection - White

Counter etc?
    Otherwise done

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (T) Island

(S) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains

War Dance (1 Counter) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No ctr :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack for 1
    Swamp
    Serra's Hymn

Done

Hand: 12
    In Play:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~)

(T) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

Rakarth: 19
    In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains

War Dance (1 Counter) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  8. Rakarth New Member

Untap
    upkeep - 1 counter on War Dance
    Island
    Disruptive Student

Done

In Play:

(T) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains
    (T) Island

War Dance (2 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
    Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Rune Of Protection - White(W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(S) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless its' controller pays 1

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Opal Caryatid triggers.

Untap, upkeep - vrse ctr

Forest
    Attack with both
    Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *1 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains
    (T) Island

War Dance (2 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White(W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(S) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless its' controller pays 1

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  10. Rakarth New Member

No response or block

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *1 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

Rakarth: 16
    In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains
    (T) Island

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

12. Rakarth New Member

Untap
    Ukeep - 1 Counter on War Dance
    Looming Shade - Counter/response?
    (Does Opal Cayatid ever turn back to an enchantment? I assume not as the card says nothing about it returning)

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

Hand: 11
    In Play:

(T) Forest
    (U) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Swamp

War Dance (3 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(U) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

(S) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

No responses.

It doesn't turn back into a creature on its own, although I believe there are a couple of cards in the expansion or block that can turn it back.
  14. Rakarth New Member

Done then :)

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (U) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Swamp

War Dance (3 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(U) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Untap, upkeep - verse ctr

Attack with the Soldier
    Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*

(U) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)
    (T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (U) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Swamp

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  16. Rakarth New Member

Is it possible to use the Ring of protection? You declare attacker, I use it and nominate the Soldier and then damage is dealt which would be prevented by the Ring?
    If this is ok I'll do that:)

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Swamp

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  17. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Yeah, that's fine :)

Spreading Algae on your Swamp
    Forest

Done

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (T,U) Forest x2

Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
    (T) Plains
    (T) Island
    (T) Swamp *Algaed*

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  18. Rakarth New Member

Untap
    Upkeep - 1 Counter on War Dance
    Swamp
    Attack with Looming Shade?

Block?

In Play:

(U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp
    (T,U) Forest x2

Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
    RFG:

In Play:

(U) Forest
    (U) Plains
    (U) Island
    (U) Swamp *Algaed*
    (U) Swamp

War Dance (4 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(T) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT

Graveyard:
    RFG:
  19. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Block with both.
  20. Rakarth New Member

With both? The caryatid is tapped so can't block? The merfolk is fine to block with though I think?