Mindmaster Urza's Saga: Spidey vs Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck! Heads!

Remember to "reply" by clicking the QUOTE button and removing the quote tags to keep all of the formatting.

Spidey: 20
Hand: 15
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Rakarth: 20
In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Heads it is, first or second?

In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play.

Plains
Opal Caryatid

Done

Hand: 14
In Play:

(T) Plains

Opal Caryatid (When Rakarth plays a creature spell, if ~ is an enchantment, ~ becomes a 2/2 Soldier creature)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Forest,
War Dance,
Done

In Play:

(T) Plains

Opal Caryatid (When Rakarth plays a creature spell, if ~ is an enchantment, ~ becomes a 2/2 Soldier creature)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
Sac War Dance: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Island
Sandbar Merfolk

Done

Hand: 13
In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Island

(S) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest

War Dance (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
Sac War Dance: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap
Upkeep - 1 counter on War Dance
Plains
Play:Rune of Protection - White

Counter etc?
Otherwise done

In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Island

(S) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains

War Dance (1 Counter) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No ctr :)

Untap, upkeep

Attack for 1
Swamp
Serra's Hymn

Done

Hand: 12
In Play:

(T) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~)

(T) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Rakarth: 19
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains

War Dance (1 Counter) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap
upkeep - 1 counter on War Dance
Island
Disruptive Student

Done

In Play:

(T) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island

War Dance (2 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Rune Of Protection - White(W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(S) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless its' controller pays 1

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Opal Caryatid triggers.

Untap, upkeep - vrse ctr

Forest
Attack with both
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *1 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island

War Dance (2 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White(W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(S) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless its' controller pays 1

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

No response or block

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *1 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Rakarth: 16
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap
Ukeep - 1 Counter on War Dance
Looming Shade - Counter/response?
(Does Opal Cayatid ever turn back to an enchantment? I assume not as the card says nothing about it returning)

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Hand: 11
In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

War Dance (3 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(U) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

(S) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No responses.

It doesn't turn back into a creature on its own, although I believe there are a couple of cards in the expansion or block that can turn it back.

R

Rakarth

Done then :)

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

War Dance (3 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(U) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - verse ctr

Attack with the Soldier
Responses/blocks?

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*

(U) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)
(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Is it possible to use the Ring of protection? You declare attacker, I use it and nominate the Soldier and then damage is dealt which would be prevented by the Ring?
If this is ok I'll do that:)

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(U) Forest

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's fine :)

Spreading Algae on your Swamp
Forest

Done

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(T,U) Forest x2

Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp *Algaed*

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap
Upkeep - 1 Counter on War Dance
Swamp
Attack with Looming Shade?

Block?

In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(T,U) Forest x2

Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Forest
(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(U) Swamp

War Dance (4 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(T) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

With both? The caryatid is tapped so can't block? The merfolk is fine to block with though I think?