Otherwise I'm done

Spidey:19
Hand: 11
In Play:

(U) Plains
(U) Island
(U) Swamp
(T,U) Forest x2

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*
Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(U) Sandbar Merfolk (1/1)
(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard:
RFG:

Rakarth: 16
Hand: 10
In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(T) Swamp

War Dance (4 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
Sac ~: Target creature gets +X/+X until EOT, where X is verse counters on ~)

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(U) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

(S) Wizard Mentor (2/2) - T: Return ~ and target creature I control to owner's hand

(T) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

And I thought you were just giving me a chance cause I'm new hehe.

Ok, I'm done

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Forest x2

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *2 verse ctr*
Spreading Algae (When enchanted land is tapped, destroy it. When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, return ~ to its owners hand)

(T) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard: Power Sink
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(T) Swamp

War Dance (4 Counters) (At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

Rune Of Protection - White (W:Next time white source of my choice would deal damage to me this turn, prevent it)

(T) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

(S) Wizard Mentor (2/2) - T: Return ~ and target creature I control to owner's hand

Graveyard:
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - verse ctr

Swamp
Dark Hatchling, targeting your Mentor
Responses?

Hand: 9
In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *3 verse ctr*

(U) Opal Caryatid (2/2)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3, flying, When ~ CIP, destroy target nonblack creature, It can't be regened)

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(T) Swamp

(T) Disruptive Student (1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

Graveyard:
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Damn, either you are actually broken up about that Power Sink or that was a beautiful bit of acting:cool:. Either way my mentor is dead.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I don't know what else you have, so I would have liked to save the Hatchling for maybe some beefy creature you might have. But since the Sink was countered, I guess the Mentor is a good target. :)

Done

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Serra's Hymn (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a verse ctr on ~. Sac ~: Prevent up to X dmg total that would be dealt this turn to any number of target creature and/or players, divided as I choose, where X is the number of verse ctrs on ~) *3 verse ctr*

(U) Opal Caryatid (2/2)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3, flying, When ~ CIP, destroy target nonblack creature, It can't be regened)

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Forest
(U) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(T) Swamp

War Dance (4 Counters) At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~

(T) Disruptive Student(1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1

Graveyard: Wizard Mentor
RFG:

R

Rakarth

True :)

Untap
Upkeep - 1 Verse Counter on War Dance
Swamp
Sicken on Dark Hatchling
Crazed Skirge

Attack with Skirge and Looming Shade
Blocks?

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Opal Caryatid (2/2)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3, flying, When ~ CIP, destroy target nonblack creature, It can't be regened) - Sickened

RFG:

Hand: 8
In Play:

(T) Forest
(T) Plains
(T) Island
(U) Swamp *Algaed*
(T, T) Swamp x2

War Dance (5 Counters) At the beginning of my upkeep, you may put verse counter on ~
Sicken - Enchanted creature has -1/-1

(U) Disruptive Student(1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1
(U) Looming Shade (1/1) - B: ~ gets +1/+1 till EOT
(U) Crazed Skirge (2/2) - Flying, Haste

Graveyard: Wizard Mentor
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Ok, sac War Dance to give the Skirge +5/+5, now a 7/7 vs Hatchling 2/2.
Also tap the algead land to play Rain of Filth (UEOT lands I control gain "Sac this land:Add B to my mana pool"), so it's destroyed and the enchanment is now back in your hand.

I'll sac the Island and Forest to pay the Looming Shade's ability twice to give him +2/+2 so he's now a 3/3 blocking the 2/2 Caryatid.

Responses?

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Opal Caryatid (2/2)
(S) Dark Hatchling (3/3, flying, When ~ CIP, destroy target nonblack creature, It can't be regened) - Sickened

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp x2

Sicken - Enchanted creature has -1/-1

(U) Disruptive Student(1/1) - T: Counter target spell unless it's controller pays 1
(T) Crazed Skirge (2/2) - Flying, Haste

Graveyard: Wizard Mentor, War Dance, Swamp, Rain of Filth, Forest, Island
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Was quite long wasn't it hehe. Ok then, I'm done.

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

Graveyard: Power Sink, Opal Caryatid, Dark Hatchling
RFG:

Hand: 7
In Play:

(T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp x2

Sicken
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Just realised I didn't need to use Sicken on the Hatchling though. DOH!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up though. During Damage, I'll sac my Hymn to prevent 3 dmg to my Caryatid. Responses or resolves?

R

Rakarth

Yeh no problem, it can resolve.

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T,T) Swamp x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Opal Caryatid
Graveyard: Power Sink, Dark Hatchling
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp x2

Sicken
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Exhume
Responses?

In Play:

(U) Plains
(T) Island
(T,U) Swamp x2
(U,U) Forest x2

(U) Opal Caryatid (2/2)

Graveyard: Power Sink, Dark Hatchling, Serra's Hymn, Exhume
RFG:

In Play:

(T) Plains
(T, T) Swamp x2

Sicken
RFG:

R

Rakarth

No counter, I'll have Wizard Mentor back. By the way, if the creature isn't played as a spell, like it will be now? Can I tap straight away?

Edit: I'm thinking not as it won't have been under my control since the beginning of my most recent turn.

R

rokapoke

Your current thinking is correct. He must be on your side at the beginning of your turn to be able to tap for his ability.