Mindmaster Time Spiral: Shoe vs Spiderman

Shoe

Take it

Shoe: 14
Hand: 12
Battlefield:

(T, U) 2 Swamp, (T) Island, (T) mountain

(T) Deathspore Thallid (Flying, 1/1; At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore ctr on ~; Remove three spore ctrs from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play; Sac a Saproling: Target creature gets -1/-1 ueot) (2 Spore Counter)

enchanted with Fallen Ideal
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has flying and “Sacrifice a creature: This creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn.”
When Fallen Ideal is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Fallen Ideal to its owner’s hand.

Graveyard: Nether Traitor (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
Exile: Mindstab (1 counters)
=============================================================
Spiderman: 16
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest

(T,A) Benalish Cavalry (2/2; Flanking)
(T,A) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG)

Graveyard:
Exile: Mindstab (1 time ctr)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. I didn't want to update in case you had responses.
Ah. I thought my post was saying I didn't have responses so I was taking it. Plus I'm tapped out anyways. :)

I also believe you're taking 5 so you should be down to 13 since you started at 18 before the attack.

After the attack,

Mt
Tendrils of Corruption on your Thallid
Responses?

Shoe: 14 13?
Battlefield:

(T, U) 2 Swamp, (T) Island, (T) mountain

(T) Deathspore Thallid (Flying, 1/1; At the beginning of your upkeep, put a spore ctr on ~; Remove three spore ctrs from ~: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play; Sac a Saproling: Target creature gets -1/-1 ueot) (2 Spore Counter)

enchanted with Fallen Ideal
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has flying and “Sacrifice a creature: This creature gets +2/+1 until end of turn.”
When Fallen Ideal is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Fallen Ideal to its owner’s hand.

Graveyard: Nether Traitor (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)
Hand: 11
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Mt

(T) Benalish Cavalry (2/2; Flanking)
(T) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG)

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoe

No response but I will pay for the nether traitor trigger when thallid dies and fallen ideal also returns to my hand

Shoe: 13
Hand: 13

Battlefield: Nether Traitor 1/1 shadow haste (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

(T, t) 2 Swamp, (t)1 island, (t) 1 mountain

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid
Spiderman: 17
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Mt

(T) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG)

Last edited:

Shoe

Ok, untap, upkeep, cast the Mindstab targeting you.

Battlefield: Nether Traitor 1/1 shadow haste (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (u)1 island, (u) 1 mountain

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Mt

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, you sure not you? :p

Discard Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice :(, and Greenseeker

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (u)1 island, (u) 1 mountain

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid, Mindstab
Exile:
Hand: 8
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker

Shoe

The set DOES have madness ;)

Play a mountain and Swing with nether traitor and pass the turn.

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (u)1 island, (uu) 2 mountain

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T) Forest
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - remove time ctr, cast Mindstab targeting you... your turn... and you probably have those madness spells :)

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (u)1 island, (uu) 2 mountain

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

(U) Benalish Cavalry (2/2; Flanking)
(U) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG)

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker, Mindstab
Exile:

Shoe

Indeed I do, discard Grinning Totem, Dark Withering and Psychotic Episode, Casting the latter 2

Dark Withering (Targeting the Knight)
Destroy target nonblack creature.
Madness {B}

Psychotic Episode
Target player reveals their hand and the top card of their library. You choose a card revealed this way. That player puts the chosen card on the bottom of their library.
Madness {1}{B}

(TT) 2 Swamp, (u)1 island, (T,u) 2 mountain

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid, Mindstab, Grinning Totem
Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

(U) Benalish Cavalry (2/2; Flanking)
(U) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG)

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker, Mindstab
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, well, that worked out much better for you.

Hand:

Saw it

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoe

LOL, well, that worked out much better for you.

Hand:

Screeching Sliver
Coral Trickster
Fathom Seer
Fallen Ideal
Spirit Loop
Firewake Sliver
Greater Gargadon
Spitting Slug
gonna go with Greater Gargadon to the library

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that was terrible.

Spirit Loop on my Shaman
Responses?

Hand: 9

Battlefield:

(S) Nether Traitor 1/1 shadow haste (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid, Mindstab, Grinning Totem, Dark Withering, Psychotic Episode
Exile:
Hand: 6
Library: 1
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

Spirit Loop (Whenever enchanted creature deals dmg, I gain that much life.; When ~ is put in a graveyard from play, return it to its owner's hand)

(U) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG) *Spirited?*

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker, Mindstab, Benalish Cavalry
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. Take your time, that's the good thing about forum games.

Attack
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(S) Nether Traitor 1/1 shadow haste (Whenever another creature is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, you may pay {B}. If you do, return Nether Traitor from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Deathspore thallid, Mindstab, Grinning Totem, Dark Withering, Psychotic Episode
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

Spirit Loop (Whenever enchanted creature deals dmg, I gain that much life.; When ~ is put in a graveyard from play, return it to its owner's hand)

(T,A) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG) *Spirited*

Graveyard: Tendrils of Corruption, Sage of Epityr, Gaze of Justice, Greenseeker, Mindstab, Benalish Cavalry
Exile:

Shoe

Take it

Shoe: 10

Battlefield:

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(U) Forest
(U) Mt

(T,A) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG) *Spirited*

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Added 3 life to me because of Spirit Loop.

Forest
Spitting Slug

Done

Battlefield:

Exile:
Spiderman: 19
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

(T) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG) *Spirited*
(S) Spitting Slug (2/4; Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Exile:

Shoe

Untap, upkeep. Play an island

Cast temporal eddy, targeting the nantuko
2uu sorcery
Put target creature or land on top of its owner’s library.

Battlefield:

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (tt)2 island, (tt) 2 mountain

Exile:
Spiderman: 19
Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

(T) Nantuko Shaman (3/2; When ~ ETB, if I control no tapped lands, draw a card; Suspend 1-2GG) *Spirited*
(S) Spitting Slug (2/4; Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked, I may pay 1G. If I do, ~ gains first strike ueot. Otherwise, each creature blocking or blocked by ~ gains first strike ueot)

Exile:

Shoe

Swing with nether traitor and done

Battlefield:

(Uu) 2 Swamp, (tt)2 island, (tt) 2 mountain

Exile:
Spiderman: 18
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Plains
(T,T) Forest x2
(T) Mt

Exile: