SpiderMan: 16
Hand: 7
In Play

(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Island

(U) Wall of Essence (0/4, Defender, Whenever ~ is dealt combat dmg, I gain that much life)

(U) Tempting Licid (2/2, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so)
(U) Convulsing Licid (4/4, R, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay R to end this effect. Enchanted creature can't block) * 2 +1/+1 counter *

Graveyard: Spike Worker, Morgue Thrull, Mogg Infestation, Shock, Spike Worker
Removed:
------------------------------------------------------------
BigBlue: 18
Hand: 5
In Play

(UU) Plains
(UU) Mountain
(UU) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Island

(U) Wall of Souls (0/4; Defender; When ~ is dealt combat damage, it deals that much damage back to target opponent)
(U) Lowland Basilisk (3/5; Whenever ~ deals dmg to a creature, destroy it at end of combat) *2 +1/+1 Counters*
(U) Venerable Monk (2/2; When ~ cip, I gain 2 life)
(U) Spike Colony (1/1, ~ CIP with 4 +1/+1 ctrs. 2, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(U) Dream Prowler (2/6; If ~ is the only attacker, ~ is unblockable) *1 +1/+1 Counter*
(U) Spined Wurm (5/4)

Graveyard: Shock, Duct Crawler, Scapegoat, Corrupting Licid
Removed:

B

BigBlue

No Response - oops.... Never mind, I see you only have 1 plains...

Attack w/ Wurm & Basilisk

B

BigBlue

Damage? (No responses - I probably made a fatal mistake... forgot to play rats last turn...)

B

BigBlue

Untap

Announce Attack

You Played Change of Heart w/ buyback on Prowler.

I attacked w/ Basilisk & Wurm

You blocked wurm w/ both licids

I assigned damage to Tempting Licid, You activated him and attached him to my prowler, Wurm Died.

Play Rabid Rats, Play Cannibalize on my Prowler and my Colony (sacrificing prowler - give Colony 2 +1/+1 counters)

Done.

Expensive way to make one less licid - couldn't get you to tap out in R...

SpiderMan: 13
Hand: 7
In Play

(T) Plains
(T,U,U) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Island

(U) Wall of Essence (0/4, Defender, Whenever ~ is dealt combat dmg, I gain that much life)
(U) Convulsing Licid (4/4, R, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay R to end this effect. Enchanted creature can't block) * 2 +1/+1 counter *

Graveyard: Spike Worker, Morgue Thrull, Mogg Infestation, Shock, Spike Worker, Tempting Licid
Removed:
Hand: 3
In Play

(TU) Plains
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Island

(U) Wall of Souls (0/4; Defender; When ~ is dealt combat damage, it deals that much damage back to target opponent)
(T) Lowland Basilisk (3/5; Whenever ~ deals dmg to a creature, destroy it at end of combat) *2 +1/+1 Counters*
(U) Spike Colony (3/3, ~ CIP with 4 +1/+1 ctrs. 2, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*
(S) Rabid Rats (1/1; T: Target Blocking Creature gets -1/-1 until eot)

Graveyard: Shock, Duct Crawler, Scapegoat, Corrupting Licid, Spined Wurm, Cannibalize
Removed: Dream Prowler

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh... this gets worse and worse...

Untap, upkeep

Tortured Existence
Responses?

Hand: 6
In Play

(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Mt x3
(U,U) Forest x2
(T,U,U) Swamp x3
(U) Island

Tortured Existence (B, Discard a creature card: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Spike Worker, Morgue Thrull, Mogg Infestation, Shock, Spike Worker, Tempting Licid
Removed:
In Play

(TU) Plains
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Island

(T) Lowland Basilisk (3/5; Whenever ~ deals dmg to a creature, destroy it at end of combat) *2 +1/+1 Counters*
(U) Spike Colony (3/3, ~ CIP with 4 +1/+1 ctrs. 2, Remove a +1/+1 ctr from ~: Put a +1/+1 ctr on target creature) *3 +1/+1 ctrs*

Graveyard: Shock, Duct Crawler, Scapegoat, Corrupting Licid, Spined Wurm, Cannibalize

B

BigBlue

Nope.

I have to say, without Scapegoat, this game would have been over ages ago with infestation... so if I come out of it with anything but a loss, I'm ok... It's going to be tough going for either of us to grind out a win. But I'm almost out of gas...

You have BuyBack, and now a way to get your unkillable blockers back (one of which happens to kill anything of mine he blocks... I think you'll be fine...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the Infestation was my one chance for an outright win. I don't think I'll be able to pull this off though...

Activate the Existence and discard Dream Prowler for the Tempting Licid.
Cast it

Done

In Play

(U) Plains
(U,U,U) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(U) Island

Tortured Existence (B, Discard a creature card: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

(S) Tempting Licid (2/2, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so)

Graveyard: Spike Worker, Morgue Thrull, Mogg Infestation, Shock, Spike Worker, Dream Prowler
Removed:
In Play

(TU) Plains
(TU) Mountain
(TT) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Island

B

BigBlue

Hmmm... I'd have played the prowler...

Untap, Announce Attack

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I can't, I miscalculated and am at my 10 lands already :(

Pay WRRU for Change of Heart w/buyback on your Basilisk.

B

BigBlue

Do you feel you can win this game?

I don't believe I can, I also don't know that you can either...

I'm willing to call it a draw.

In Play

(T) Plains
(T,T,U) Mt x3
(T,T) Forest x2
(T,T,T) Swamp x3
(T) Island

(S) Tempting Licid (2/2, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. All creatures able to block enchanted creature do so)

Graveyard: Spike Worker, Morgue Thrull, Mogg Infestation, Shock, Spike Worker, Dream Prowler
Removed:
In Play

(UU) Plains
(UU) Mountain
(UU) Swamp
(UU) Forest
(UU) Island

(U) Lowland Basilisk (3/5; Whenever ~ deals dmg to a creature, destroy it at end of combat) *2 +1/+1 Counters*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure, I still have Brush with Death, so as long as I can cast it and use my Licids as blockers, I think I can beat you. Do you agree or want to play it out and see?

B

BigBlue

If you use the brush, you can't use change of heart...

That's why I think you can't win.

Actually, now that you have both licids back and I sac'd the prowler, you're right... I'll never be able to get through both licids and the wall.

Good Game.

My last 3 cards were Torment (useless against Licids), Hidden Retreat (could have made the brush impotent for 2 turns w/ useless cards), and Crossbow Ambush (Great, if you had fliers...)