Mindmaster format?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mindmaster

Anyone want to try? Limited, while we wait for me to build an all-commons deck? Here you don't have to build a deck so we could start right away... :) Although I guess we need someone to generate a pack for us.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What booster? Do you care? If not, I'll pick... Tempest. Can you generate your own boosters or do we need someone?

L

Limited

Tempest is fine by me..
I don't know how to generate my own booster, so I'd like to have someone else do this..

L

Limited

Oh wait.. found one.

(Magic.ee/boostergenerator)

So, I'm all set.

Hmm.. this generator seems kinda crappy :(

I got only three different colors.. do you know of one that does hold printruns into account?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Can you download Apprentice and use it? There's a booster generator there...

Alternatively you could download Magic Suitcase

Ransac: We can start up a separate game. Want to do Tempest too? Can you generate your own boosters?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, that's fine. I'll just use the generator that Limited found, crappy or not.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Maybe Ransac can generate two boosters for our game, and I'll generate two for yours? then it wouldn't really matter if they were crappy boosters..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, we can do that. Although if they're REALLY crappy, for the next game we should get someone with Apprentice to do it :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play you. Limited or Ransac can generate boosters. What expansion do you want to do - I don't care.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, question of the format for you...

Have we decided that our library is zero and any library effects can be used to fill up our library? Or that our library is non-existent (as the original rules imply/say) and any library effects are ignored?

Like what do we do with a Voldalian Merchant? Do we just draw zero cards (assuming our library is empty) and then actually discard 3 cards? Or ignore the discard part because it's (kinda) part of the draing cards part?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow, that's a tough one.....

I'll say that the library does exist, but only if cards inhabit it. FOR example, if something puts a card in your library, it does so. You can draw it as normal. If you have a library when library effects go off, they happen. However, if you do not have a library, then library effects don't happen.

My way is very sketchy. Any other suggestions?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was thinking that if we DO have a library, you can only get to cards placed on it through other effects, not just "normal card drawing" as that step/phase is normally skipped. So if someone Memory Lapses a card, unless you can draw it through Arcanis or something, it's still gone.

But this still gives cards with library effects something to do sometimes.