Mindmaster Chaos Homelands: Spidey vs. Limited vs. Mooseman vs. DarthFerret

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I hate the lack of big beefy creatures on the board right now. :(

DF's the only one with some firepower, but everyone has something with a big butt.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Yeah, I think the game is coming to a grinding halt. I have no cards that can punch through a stalemate (let alone a four-way standoff)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem is that one person can spend all of his resources taking out one other person, but leave him defenseless against the other two. So no one's willing to commit to that attack. I was attacking Mooseman for a while but he got his defenses up with the Falcon. I think I can attack DF but that would leave me open to Mooseman or Limited or I can attack Limited but leave me open to the other two. So.... there you have it.

Maybe we should increase the amount of cards in a booster to 20 in an MP game.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Gotta agree there. It's a major stalemate, unless someone has a game breaking card or two.
20 cards...hmmmm, that's a lot of cards in hand..... maybe actually have a licrary? Say, 10 cards in hand and 10 in library and you have 10 draws during the game to use as you please in your draw step? You don't have to draw, but you can...still no hand limit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm willing to officially call the game a draw, and then unofficially continue the game with me attacking someone just to see what happens :) Or someone else can get aggressive...

We can try that way, with a library and 20 cards.

L

Limited

Try as we might, I just think that Mindmaster isn't really wellsuited for multiplayer.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So what's the concensus? Technically it's Limited's turn...

Should we call it a draw/stale-mate? And then just keep playing and taking more risks now that the game is unofficial? Or just stop now?

Should we just call the MP Mindmaster games not really feasible? Or try some variations?

D

DarthFerret

I dont think it is the multiplayer format as much as the Homelands set. There are very few "power spells" in this set. I bet if we tried it with a different set such as Legends or even Unlimited, you would see one big powerbase come out...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd like to call it a draw but then play it out unofficially just to see if someone can be taken out (probably me), but we can just stop and go to another set...

D

DarthFerret

It don't matter to me...all the rest of the cards in my hand are useless in this format (all deal with the library)

L

Limited

I vote draw.. there's no real way any of us can win. As soon as try to attack one of the others, you've only conceded yourself.

Plus, it could take a long time for the game, which is already over, to actually finish.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, so what's the next expansion and how should we do it? Regular way? A few more cards? A Library as Mooseman suggested?

L

Limited

Whichever format, I'm out for this (the next?) one. Gotta focus on the thesis.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Might I suggest that you guys play with no set prior to Mirage? There just aren't that many game-changing cards and the abundance of crap cards makes for a slow game.

Ransac, cpa trash man