Mindmaster Arabian Nights: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

M

Modus Pwnens

Wouldn't that be your third rare after the efreet and the old man?

M

Modus Pwnens

Has this happened before? And if so, what was the solution back then?
Maybe you got a foil :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it's happened before, but it might have slipped by us. I PMed Mooseman about it since I think he missed this yesterday.

M

Modus Pwnens

Ah well, hope you don't mind waiting a bit longer till this is sorted out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I think this is the "problem". There were no explicit rares in the set, just uncommons designated as U2, U3, and C1, with U2 being the "rare" slot. Mooseman used Suitcase to generate the boosters, but the Suitcase program doesn't distinguish between the subtypes of uncommons, just whether a card is uncommon in general or not.

So was it possible to get 2 "rares" in a pack - 2 U2s? I don't know... I wasn't around then. We could ask around or just start over with new boosters or something...

M

Modus Pwnens

I don't mind going on either, it's just a game after all. If not now, I'll beat you the next one ;)

M

Modus Pwnens

Untap, upkeep (counter on tortoise)

Plains.
Attack with Tortoise. Responses?

Done

Modus Pwnens: 16
Hand: 7
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Forest
(U, U) Swamp
(U, U) Plains

Oubliette (When Oubliette comes into play, remove target creature and all Auras attached to it from the game. Note the number and kind of counters that were on that creature.
When Oubliette leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control tapped with the noted number and kind of counters on it. If you do, return the removed Aura cards to play under their owner's control attached to that permanent.) *Efreet*
Fishliver Oil (Enchanted Creature has Islandwalk)
Unstable Mutation (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3. At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.)

Bottle of Suleiman (1, Sacrifice Bottle of Suleiman: Flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Bottle of Suleiman deals 5 damage to you. If you win the flip, put a 5/5 Djinn artifact creature token with flying into play.)

(T) Giant Tortoise (3/3, ~ gets +0/+3 as long as it's untapped) *oiled* *mutated*
(U) Wyluli Wolf (1/1, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(U) Rukh Egg (0/3,When Rukh Egg is put into a graveyard from play, put a 4/4 red Bird creature token with flying into play at end of turn.)
(U) Stone-Throwing Devils (1/1, first strike)

Graveyard: Brass Man
RFG:

Spiderman: 11
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Forest

Bottle of Suleiman (1, Sacrifice Bottle of Suleiman: Flip a coin. If you lose the flip, Bottle of Suleiman deals 5 damage to you. If you win the flip, put a 5/5 Djinn artifact creature token with flying into play.)

(T) Kird Ape (2/3, ~ gets +1/+2 as long as I control a Forest)
(U) Giant Tortoise (1/4, ~ gets +0/+3 as long as it's untapped)
(T) War Elephant (2/2, banding, trample)
(U) Old Man of the Sea (2/3, I may choose not to untap ~ during my untap step. T: Gain control of target creature whose power is less than or equal to ~ as long as ~ remains tapped and its power remains equal to or greater than target creature's power)
(U) Kird Ape (2/3, ~ gets +1/+2 as long as I control a Forest)
(S) Moorish Cavalry (3/3, trample)

Graveyard:
RFG: Serendib Efreet[/QUOTE]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how Apprentice does it. I don't have access to how they do their boosters/Starters, although since sometimes land is included in their boosters, it must be some weird way.

No responses, can't block him :)

M

Modus Pwnens

Then you'll take 4, as I use to wolf to give it +1/+1

Moorish Cavalry, done.

Hand: 6
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(T) Forest
(T, U) Swamp
(T, T) Plains

Oubliette (When Oubliette comes into play, remove target creature and all Auras attached to it from the game. Note the number and kind of counters that were on that creature.
When Oubliette leaves play, return the removed card to play under its owner's control tapped with the noted number and kind of counters on it. If you do, return the removed Aura cards to play under their owner's control attached to that permanent.) *Efreet*
Unstable Mutation (Enchanted creature gets +3/+3. At the beginning of the upkeep of enchanted creature's controller, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature.)

(T) Giant Tortoise (3/3, ~ gets +0/+3 as long as it's untapped) *oiled* *mutated*
(T) Wyluli Wolf (1/1, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
(U) Rukh Egg (0/3,When Rukh Egg is put into a graveyard from play, put a 4/4 red Bird creature token with flying into play at end of turn.)

RFG:

Spiderman: 7
In Play:

(T) Mt
(T,T) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Forest

(T) Kird Ape (2/3, ~ gets +1/+2 as long as I control a Forest)
(U) Old Man of the Sea (2/3, I may choose not to untap ~ during my untap step. T: Gain control of target creature whose power is less than or equal to ~ as long as ~ remains tapped and its power remains equal to or greater than target creature's power)

Graveyard:
RFG: Serendib Efreet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Band the Elephant and the Cavalry and send them at ya
Responses/blocks?

Hand: 6
In Play:

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(T) Forest
(T, U) Swamp
(T, T) Plains

(T) Wyluli Wolf (1/1, T: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)

RFG:

Spiderman: 7
In Play:

(U) Mt
(U,U) Island x2
(U) Swamp
(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Forest

(T) Moorish Cavalry (3/3, trample)

Graveyard:
RFG: Serendib Efreet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your guys take lethal dmg and 1 tramples over.

My Cavalry is assigned all of your dmg.

Dmg resolves?