Message Board RPG: I'd like to give it another go...

R

Rando

Ransac and sageridder have thier characters ready to go.

Anyone else?

R

Rando

I think Daggetooth's character is ready also.

4 more to go and then we can get started. We still need:

CE
Spiderman
EricBess
and Bob.

R

Rando

Alright, Bob got his character done also. Now we just need:

CE
Spiderman
EricBess.

Do you boys still wanna play?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
... I'm in. I was off Friday and my home computer was acting up. I'll be a dwarf monk; details in a PM.

C

Cateran Emperor

Ok, I'm finally back. Are we going with any kind of D&D class, or is it just Fighter/Priest/Mage?

Coolest character ever - Human Dark Knight. My own prestige class, but decidedly powerful ;)

I'll start as a Human Fighter.

D

DÛke

...Cateran Emperor, but there are no cooler characters than Rebrouge! :)

S

Sidar Jabari

When you've got all your characters sorted, will you be RPing on this thread? If not, where will you be doing it? I'd really like to read along and follow the plot.

If you ever find any space, I'd LOVE to join in. I'd have joined in earlier but I didn't spot this thread. I'm quite an experienced roleplayer but I've never played over the net before. Still, I'm happy just to watch.

R

Rando

Alright, Spiderman is done, and I need CE to PM me with what powers he wants his character to have.

Remember, 1 minor power, usable 3 times this game, 1 moderate usable 2 times, and one major usable 1 time.

Also, no word from EricBess since last week, so if he no longer wants to play, Sidar gets the spot. I'll e-mail EricBess to find out.

Almost ready. Isn't waiting around fun?

R

Rando

Hey! Daggertooth! I lost the message that had your character's name in it. What was it again?

R

Rando

To buy time and to waste time (I'm going to get fired some day), I'm going to give you some back history of the area you are from.

Then, if you don't mind and if you are an Elf or a Dwarf, tell us how you made your way to this town. If you are a human, you can be a native of the town or from another local. In either case, and for what ever reason, you now live in...

The Village of Habbendale.

Nestled along a sharpe curve in the River Fen, the village called Habbendale is the primary tradeing town between the Antheerian Empire and the Savage East, the common name for the mostly unexplored wilderness at the edge of the known world.

Although there are a few out-posts and even smaller villages farther east, Habbendale is the last place along the King's Expanse Highway that would really be called "civilized".

It is a moderatele sized town with a population of about 400, and comprised of about 100 or so buildings.

Most of the town's comerace comes from the timber and fur trade. The smaller towns and post's farther east send the goods down-river to Habbendale, where it is then sent along the King's Expanse to the civilized western towns and cities.

Habbendale also serves as a link between the Dwarves of the northeastern Brekfol mountains and human-kind. The Dwarves do bring in a fair amount of steel and gold goods for trade, but not nearly as much as the Dwarven clans of the Kirteeg mountains in the west.

Habbendale is about 100 years old, having been founded by the great Antherian explorer Michael Habben. The government consists of a single noble governer, apointed by the royal house of Antheer and not subject to change.

Under the govener are 3 magistrates who serve as a combination of sherif and judge. There are also about 20 guardsmen and constables that patrol the city and make up a militia, although the local populace can be pressed into serving the militia in times of crisis, such as the attacks by the wild Anwarnin Elves from the south around 25 years ago.

As of right now, Habbendale is at peace. Trade is good and there does not seem to be any outward threat to the locals.

But, news from the smaller communities farther east have been trickling in, and they speak of a great and ancient evil in the Brekfol mountains...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, my name is Dorgath Rocksplitter and I come from the mountains to the west. I received an "epiphany" of sorts while delving in the mines and found out quite by accident that I could split stones with my bare hands, if I concentrated enough (believe me, there was enough pain to go around in the beginning). Wanting to pursue this "weaponless" art form, I have left my homeland and am seeking further enlightenment and challenges so that I may perfect this "art".

E

EricBess

Spidy: Next time, give a man a little warning before moving a thread :) I wish I had the time to stay up to date on all threads, but a guy has to priortize. <sigh>

Once a knife wielding member of a performing troupe, Jaspar was kicked out when the Gutar, the troupe's founder and financial backer found out that Lynn, his daughter, and Jaspar were more than just friends. She stayed behind, but was later killed by the jealous strongman that Gutar sent back to force her to keep travelling.

That happened a couple towns east of Habbendale. Jaspar couldn't find any work there, so he travelled west to the first town large enough to support him. He has spend the last five months earning his keep by performing at taverns and snatching the occasional apple from passing merchants.

D

Daggertooth

A local hunter. Nychus is aways finalist in the town annual archery contest. Nychus earns his living by trading firs and dried meat that he gets on his hunts. Normaly that is enough to supply a fair living, but lately the game has gotten scarce. So he has been working on his swordsmanship in order to join the local military. It's been a few months since this decision, but even so Nychus has Learned fairly well how to wield double short swords.

Nychus has a long family history in Habbendale. His great grand father Laibendar Spellcaster, a powerful wizard, was one of the advisors that accompanied Michael Habben when he founded the city. Since then the Spellcasters had done fairly well untill the elvish raids 25 years ago, where his family was striped of all wealth for assisting the enemy. Apparently his grandmother was part elf and, although innocent of all charges, was still suspect. But that was ages ago and before Nychus was born.

The only real wealth and family heritage Nychus now has is a small box embedded with verious gem stones. Inside it is lined with velvet and has 12 spaces for jewel encrusted rings. There are 8 now, 2 being lost long ago and 2 being sold when the family lost their fortune. The remainding rings all have various animals and humanoids engraved on them. Local legend has it that these were used by Laibendar's apprienteses to spy on the enemy. How this was done, nobody knows. But till someone finds out, the rings look cool and sell for a fairly decent price.

S

sageridder

I am called Zilore.I was was found on the shore of a land far to the east of here as an infant.I grew up as an outcast as elves were considered evil spirits by some in the village I lived in.The only person to show me kindness was master zu, a tiger clan Sensei and the only family I have known for these past 26 years.One year ago the crops were the worst in decades,and most of the villagers in a desperate attempt to appease the gods and return harmony to the land. They decided I was the cause and must be sacrificed.In the end our property was seized,our house burnt, and the man I called father killed.I found his body in the rubble and flames,hhe he died in my arms that night,but not before telling me that my birth father might still live.I had really been found in a trunk that had fallen overboard from a retreating ship, a band of pirating elves that had been forced into retreat after trying to plunder the village.One elf had run to the rail he had silver flowing hair,and a long scar across his face that ran through a dead eye.As his shipmates held him back from jumping he was screaming "zilore,zilore,my son we must go back".With his last breath master zu had reveled this to me,since then I have been following rumors and tales hoping to find this elf who I think is called the wharf rat.I myself will not know until I find him if I will kill him for not returning for me or embrace him.