Message Board RPG: I'd like to give it another go...

R

Rando

I was going through the MTGnews boards today, somthing I have not done in months, and stumbled accross the old RPG's I GM'ed way back when.

Reading through them made me want to try another one.

I know that the one I tried here did not work out because I freaked out and went nuts for a while there, but let's just forget that whole episode, OK? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't ask)

But, at any rate, I want to do another. Any takers?

If so, I will only take 6 people, as more then this gets kinda nerve racking to maintain.
Also, I can only do it during the daytime, Mon. through Fri.
If you have any questions or are interested in participating, please respond.

Thanks!

jp

E

EricBess

Just to prove I haven't fallen completely off the end of the earth, I'll give it another go. :)

D

DÛke

...great! An RPG goin' without me...how cruel...

Everytime I forget about Rebrouge, either Rando or Sageridder remind me of him...you guys make me wish I never have met Rebrouge - I miss him a lot (he's my best friend ;))!

[Sobs]Go on...go on...play your RPG...but you better be here in the summer Rando, I wanna show some of these "amatures" how to do some RPG-ing. :D

...and Mr. Ericbess, how nice of you to come by! I almost sent you another email containing "you know what"...but since you're here...:). Please, play Galdan! I know I wont be playing, but I'll be watchin', and I wanna see one of my favorites - Galdan - so play him! Pleeeease...I wanna see him blazin' some fire and healin' some woundin'!

Where's Sageridder? Save him a spot! I'm sure he wanna dust off Snake...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac accidentally starts too early.*

I hit a goblin poo with Mr. Crancit's Grits machine, imported from Switzerland. 3,000,000 pts. damage to goblin poo.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

I e-mailed sageridder, telling him about this so he could sign up before all the slots were taken, but I have not heared back yet.

To be fair to anyone else that might slip in before he shows up (if he wants to play that is) I'm not sure if I should save him a spot.

Also, I was kinda wanting to start fresh with brand new characters, especially since the last RPG that was fully played out kinda gave closeure to those characters. (The City of Radafel @ MTG)

I don't know, I'll let you all decide. And DUke, knowing there is nothing I can do to stop you from playing Rebrouge, the one we do in the summer will allow old characters for certain.

And one more thing: To balance character powers, I've come up with a method for the character's abilities that should keep "god-hood-type-actions" in check. More on that in the 'morn.

R

Rando

If you wish, to a limited extent, ofcoarse.

OK, screw the morn.

Here's the deal: I propose everyone e-mail or PM me with a template of what they want for thier character, along with what sort of special abilities and powers you would like.

I will then come up with the following for each:

1 - One minor power usable 3 time during the coarse of the game.

2 - 1 moderate power usable twice during the coarse of the game.

3 - ...and one major power usable only once during the game.

By during the "course of the game", I mean from start to finish, from chapter one through the end of the story.

Also, each character will have skills with no limit to the amount of usage.

Well? How's that sound?

E

EricBess

Hey Duke, you didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, did you? I've just been pretty busy, so I don't have time to keep up to date anymore. Sigh.

Anyway, I think Galdan sort of retired. If Rando wanted to intentionally work him into a storyline, that would be something else, but that would be a lot of work.

Sounds okay, Rando. I'll shoot you off an email

R

Rando

That's it! No more! Looks like a good group too. (At least I'm happy with it)

Sorry to anyone else that reads this and wants to join, but more then 6 characters on one of these things is quite the hassle.

Tomorrow, we talk characters...

C

Cateran Emperor

RPGs are fun, count me in. We should probably move this to General Gaming though.

D

DÛke

...Oh, oh...Rando, since you know ALL about Rebrouge, could you send me a PM with what I might be able to use 3 times, and 2 times, and what is his "ONE TIME" major? :D

In addition to their "abilities", I think we should have the minor "things" that they could do unlimited-ly. Like Rebrouge likes to theft, this should not be one of his abilities, but one of the things he does...since you "control" the game, Rando, you could "control" the successfulness of Rebrouge's theaving activities...

The "powers", however, you DON'T control that much, since they're limited and they should at least have freedom to "control" the powers.

In addition, old-timers know that one of Rebrouge's disabilities is losing blood whenever he uses his abilities...that is a drawback. When playing him, I even "weaken" my actions for Rebrouge whenever he loses the blood. I remember at one time when I was practically "OUT" of the game since I've lost "too much blood"...My point is, you should consider how many times each character uses the abilities...It is not fair, for example, for Galdan to "heal" a character up to 3 times, WITHOUT a disadvantage, while Rebourge has a disadvantage in ALL of his abilities.

I think after you get the "describition" of each character, you should assign the number of times each ability is used according to THAT character. It's not that hard, but it may take a little bit of time. The game would be more fair though.

Just some simple thoughts...:)

...and Ericbess, I didn't mean to sound so harsh...sorry.

R

Rando

OK, CE, you can join, but no more! 7 is pushing it, but that's OK.

Concerning characters:

Here's the scoop. I am kinda' wanting "mundane" characters, because you will all be starting out as the residents of the same back-water village.

As with my D&D DMing style, I don't like anything too wackey, so here are the limitations on characters.

Elves, Dwarves and Humans only, although Human is prefered.

Out of 7 characters, let's say no more then 2 wizard type characters and 1 priest/cleric type charaters...first come first served.

That will leave 4 slots for wariors and rouge type characters.

We can discuss chacacters openly or over e-mail/PM's, it's up to you.

As always, I'm not quite as strict as I look, and all of this is up for debate (you see how long "no more the 6 characters" lasted) so feel free to give your opinions.

I'm the GM, not god-boy.