Message Board RPG Chpt. 3, "Sneak Attack!"

R

Rando

To Everyone -
While the minotaur and Johnathan W. haul the Captain out of the water, Thradin deals with the fire on the dock. It is starting to die out, and the dwarf easily puts out the rest. The other sailors on the dock are dead, and one body is missing all together. The captain is alive, but in shock. It's going to be a while before he can talk coherently.
You are all now out on the docks (for the most part) looking at the flotsum and jetsum that was your ride home.
The bay is deep, and the bulk of the ship has already sunken completly. The acrid smell of sulpher hangs in the air.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* Having "overheard" Belch's and Jonathon's conversation on the docks.... :)"

"So who's this guy Kurnz? And do these raids happen often?"

A

Almindhra

Almindhra follows the group outside to the docks...Ooo, looks like a nice opportunity to stock up...She runs up to one of the dead bodies on the dock...And quickly and adeptly searches the body for loot and plunder!...

R

Rando

To Almindhra -
As you pke through the blood and gore that was a salty sailor, you find the following:
1 coin purse with 12 silver coins and a gold tooth.
1 gold chain necklace
1 wedding ring (gold)
a note wadded up in his pocket that reads: "Once the captain is found, eliminate the agent and bring Kurnz back to Antheer. If his new-found power comes from where we think, then even in his insanity he is a tremendous asset. Remember that the Royal Court does not know of this plan, but the Order knows best what is good for the country."

A

Almindhra

Oooo...I'm rich now!...Almindhra grabs everything in sight...And puts the necklace on (if its not too heavy)...She looks around for someone intelligent to show this note to...*looking, looking*...Oh well, nearest person available I guess...Runs to the dwarf..

"Thradin!!...Thradin!!...Look at this!!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"What the... who's the agent? What's the Order? Things are getting deep here... maybe we should show this to the others and decide on a plan of action"

M

Major Crime

Walks off towards a pile of canvas (possible sail from the ship) finds a couple of fish among the canvas which show signs of being blown out of the harbour. Settle down on the canvas for a quick snack, gut the fish first as in company.

A

Almindhra

"Everyone, everyone!...Look at this!!"...Waves the paper high in the air..."We're all gonna die!!!"...

M

Major Crime

Chokes on a bone dure to the idiot girls ear piecing scream, has a coughing fit, downs some water.

M

Major Crime

Question to person holding the letter.
What type of paper is it on?
Does it carry any water / makers marks?

*See you tomorrow!

M

Major Crime

Decide to strip off kit except my knife.
Puts rope around waist, gives the free end to the closest person & tells them to give me ten minutes then if I'm not in sight to pull me up.

Takes a dive off of the dock in the direction of the ship.

*So GM there's two bits for you to sort! :)

R

Rando

We now have to see who is going to hold the other end of the rope.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
* I assumed it was Belch since it was also his idea but... *

Thradin braces himself and prepares for Snotgoblin's weight to pull on the rope.

S

sageridder

*I was hauling up the capt.,snotgoblin just grabbed some rope handed it to whoever tied around himself and jumped in.Since the capt in on the dock i also grab hold of the second rope.*
"like fishin?I just hope for his sake the explosion scared most of them underwater critters away."
***(I couldn't get a connection to the site all day from work or i would have been here sooner.)****

S

sageridder

*additionally i take some of the extra lenght and run it around one of the pier supports.*

Melkor

Jonathan's eyes narrow and he curses under his breath when Belch mentions that this is Kurnz's doing. "I don't think that Kurnz just blew this ship up for the pure fun of doing it, I think he blew it up because he knew someone was on it who had been sent to try and put a stop to his madness. I was sent by the mainland government to deal with the renegade Kurnz. I'm naturally a suspicious man so I kept this to myself but it seems it wasn't such a big secret. Of course maybe he just destroyed the boat on general principle but with the townsfolks dissapearance and now this, I felt I had to tell you what I'm here for, if I'm to get your help in getting to Kurnz," Jonathan says all this to Belch in a hushed voice, raising his voice he says, "What's all this racket coming from you people about?" addressing the others who have arrived on the deck.

M

Major Crime

After 1min15 reach bottom, assume as near river mouth bottom is a flat mub bed, with some plants, shell fish, & a sack barrow, Marked "Port Property - RETURN".

*Is the harbour Tidal, if so is it high or low tide, & is the water going in or out, if in will be quite salty.

R

Rando

To Major Crime -
The harbor is quite still and no signs of the changeing tides are noticed as you make your dive. While down there, you easily find the ship, or what is left of it. You also come across a small barrel. It has a rope tied around it with the loose ends hanging off several feet. Attached to these loose ends are chunks of wood identical to the wood that the barrel is made of, but splintered and chared. This is all you can tell from down there about the barrel, and all that seems of interest all together.